Pumapeople: Problem with my Puma - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Problem with my Puma

#1 User is offline   Lyndsey 

• Group: Members

Posted 12 January 2005 - 01:39 PM

:help: Can anyone help? I took my 1.7 (X Reg) Puma to a Ford dealer because the engine managment light came on. They hooked it up to a computer and did a full diagnostic. The computer said that the Hego/Lamda sensor was faulty. That was replaced, but the management light came back on again. Since the light came on, its been drinking petrol like theres no tomorrow. Again I took it back the the garage and they checked it out. They thought the new sensor may be faulty so that was replaced (again). I had a 40K service done too. Unfortunatly the light once again come on. :cry: It stalls when the engine is cold when I come to a halt and it judders.
Any ideas? I really want this resolved as I got a new number plate for crimbo and I want to put it on my (working) Puma.

#2 User is offline   jillypuma 

Posted 12 January 2005 - 01:47 PM

:help:  Can anyone help?  I took my 1.7 (X Reg) Puma to a Ford dealer because the engine managment light came on. They hooked it up to a computer and did a full diagnostic. The computer said that the Hego/Lamda sensor was faulty. That was replaced, but the management light came back on again. Since the light came on, its been drinking petrol like theres no tomorrow. Again I took it back the the garage and they checked it out. They thought the new sensor may be faulty so that was replaced (again). I had a 40K service done too. Unfortunatly the light once again come on.  :cry:  It stalls when the engine is cold when I come to a halt and it judders.
Any ideas? I really want this resolved as I got a new number plate for crimbo and I want to put it on my (working) Puma.

Sounds like the Hego.... still. Some kats have had more than 3 fitted and they don't always last v. long :cry: Ask them to replace it again. Also, ask them to check that all the leads, plugs etc are put back - if they've serviced it they could well have left something off.
jillypuma & Basil the Boxster - J111 KAT, and Beryl the Bedford CF250 - wave if ya c me.

www.nessr.net (Northern English Springer Spaniel Rescue)

#3 User is offline   Lyndsey 

Posted 13 January 2005 - 04:36 PM

Well, I've just phoned the garage and they put hego sensor number 3 in....still not worked!! 9.gif
They have checked all the wiring but no such luck.
ITS A BLOOMIN NIGHTMARE...I WANT MY PUMA BACK! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

#4 User is offline   jillypuma 

Posted 13 January 2005 - 04:43 PM

Well, I've just phoned the garage and they put hego sensor number 3 in....still not worked!! 9.gif
They have checked all the wiring but no such luck.
ITS A BLOOMIN NIGHTMARE...I WANT MY PUMA BACK! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Bummer sad.gif What are the garage going to do next? If it's driveable I would suggest taking it for a trip to Pumabuild.....
jillypuma & Basil the Boxster - J111 KAT, and Beryl the Bedford CF250 - wave if ya c me.

www.nessr.net (Northern English Springer Spaniel Rescue)

#5 User is offline   hpboy 

Posted 13 January 2005 - 05:19 PM

I,ve lost all confidence in the main agents...

#6 User is offline   Lyndsey 

Posted 14 January 2005 - 11:21 AM

Well I picked up my Puma from the garage last night and they told me that there was a wiring fault to do with the hego sensor. They said it was all fixed so off I went..until I got halfway home. The light turned on again. :x Ive lost count the amount of times its turned on. :cry2: I took it back this morning and found out that they had lied to me and actually said that they temporarly fixed it....Yeah, whatever!!!
Ive now booked it into a different place. Maybe they can sort it out...watch this space!
Beware of Ford dealers in Bracknell....They dont know what they are talking about.

#7 User is offline   ALAN at PUMABUILD 

Posted 14 January 2005 - 11:51 AM

Come up and see us :wink: A puma hasnt beaten us yet and plenty have tried :wink:

#8 Guest_Matt and Tiggr_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 January 2005 - 11:57 AM

Come up and see us  :wink: A puma hasnt beaten us yet and plenty have tried :wink:

Oooo, sounds like a challenge ;-) I know one that can, cos you aint got a timing lamp ;-)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic