Pumapeople: Puma In Autoexpress - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Puma In Autoexpress

#1 User is offline   stevoo 

• Group: Members

Posted 22 March 2006 - 10:01 AM

hello guys.. ive been lurkign for a while but thought i would share this with you, Just had my copy of Autoexpress land on my door mat today, with the driver power supplement thingy. Guess where the puma came in, a disapointing 57th, but that was one of the top fords, C-Max 53rd, Focus 35th, Galaxy 77th, Fiesta 82nd and the KA a very lowley 93rd, whcih also won "worst braking". the top spot was the S2000.. It won so many of the individual categories, although I'm a bit surprised that the nissan 350z won "best performance" but it did finish 24th. the Boxster won "best handling" butcame in 33rd.nice to see the skoda octavia come in 2nd. i really rate them, esp the vrs, stick a chip on it and you have a great q-car. The final 3 places were taken by; surprise surprise the Fiat Punto, Pug 206, Rover 25, why people buy them is beyond me.

#2 User is offline   pumapilot 

• View gallery

Posted 22 March 2006 - 10:48 AM

As far as we're concerned, then in the power to weight ratio is the best around IMHO. 10.gif
Posted Image
Signature block created by Colin Y (BOK) & here as my tribute to him
Print your own Pumapeople fliers by clicking here
PUMA GARAGE LIST LINK
Tremona Garage

#3 User is offline   Nicola 

Posted 22 March 2006 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE (stevoo @ Mar 22 2006, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hello guys.. ive been lurkign for a while but thought i would share this with you, Just had my copy of Autoexpress land on my door mat today, with the driver power supplement thingy. Guess where the puma came in, a disapointing 57th, but that was one of the top fords, C-Max 53rd, Focus 35th, Galaxy 77th, Fiesta 82nd and the KA a very lowley 93rd, whcih also won "worst braking". the top spot was the S2000.. It won so many of the individual categories, although I'm a bit surprised that the nissan 350z won "best performance" but it did finish 24th. the Boxster won "best handling" butcame in 33rd.nice to see the skoda octavia come in 2nd. i really rate them, esp the vrs, stick a chip on it and you have a great q-car. The final 3 places were taken by; surprise surprise the Fiat Punto, Pug 206, Rover 25, why people buy them is beyond me.

Rover 25??? ja_stupid.gif
I went to a sea food disco at the weekend - I pulled a mussel..

#4 User is offline   phat_matt 

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:48 PM

Rover 25 LOL
I had a job in a garage workshop when I was 14/15, and used to work on the Rover 200, which was basically the 1st incarnation of the 25/MG ZR. Considering I turn 22 in 3 months, it gives you an idea how modern that car is roflmao.gif I giggle about that to myself everytime I see a Burberry in a ZR biggrin.gif
Clever bit of marketing though, the ZR, have to give them that wink.gif

Does this survey take into account the age of the car? I'd say the Puma is holding up pretty well against the newer opposition - the mark of a truly great car ja_cool.gif

I agree about the brakes though: personally I only find my 300mm setup 'adequate', I don't know how I managed with the 240s now blink.gif Better tyres and rear discs next anyway happy.gif
IPB Image

#5 User is offline   cgandps 

• View gallery

Posted 22 March 2006 - 03:55 PM

Rover 25? I'd sooner get the bus

#6 User is offline   spenspuma 

Posted 22 March 2006 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (cgandps @ Mar 22 2006, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rover 25? I'd sooner get the bus

Have you used public transport lately?......

I'd rather have the embarasment of driving a Rover 25 than risk life and limb getting on a bus. blink.gif

QUOTE (phat_matt @ Mar 22 2006, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree about the brakes though: personally I only find my 300mm setup 'adequate', I don't know how I managed with the 240s now blink.gif Better tyres and rear discs next anyway happy.gif

I also agree with the brakes....

It was the one of the first things i noticed when driving my Puma for the first time.....felt like i needed a lot more pressure on the brakes to get it to stop, especially compared to my other cars. Ive got used to it now tho...so it isnt so bad.
SPENCER
FORD PUMA THUNDER 2002 (SOLD)
HONDA CRZ 2013

#7 User is offline   Minstral 

Posted 22 March 2006 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (spenspuma @ Mar 22 2006, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd rather have the embarasment of driving a Rover 25 than risk life and limb getting on a bus.

I think I'd rather drive the bus... wink.gif

#8 User is offline   Rog 

• Location:In an R32 on the twisty bits of the North York Moors

Posted 22 March 2006 - 05:12 PM

Wot bus?
VW Golf MK V R32 - Outstanding car for all occasions
Ford Racing Puma #148 - What can I say that hasn't already been said about these cars?
Merc CLK 320 - Good Points - Comfortable, Bad Points - Comfortable!
Subaru Impreza Turbo WRX STI Type RA - 4 doors, 5 seats, a boot and 0-60 in 4.3! It doesn't get much better!
VW Golf MK2 GTI 16v Special (celebrating the 10 millionth Golf) - my baby, shouldn't have sold her
Pug 205 GTI 1.9 - an even bigger hoot!
Pug 205 GTI 1.6 - a hoot!
VW Beetle (new one from Mexico) - really quite good
1962 Mini 800 - always breaking down

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic