Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Battery Woes

#1 User is offline   ianp 

• Group: Members

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:41 PM

Hi All,

I had to leave the puma sitting for 3 weeks over christmas, I have tried to get in my car today and no joy, fob not working and initially key in the driver door not working.

I managed to get in via the passenger door and open the driver door from there, and since then the key works in the driver door, maybe this was because of the deadlock?

Anyway, tried the ignition and nothing, nada, no lights no sounds proper dead.

I take it I will be requiring a new battery, but what else will I need to be doing? Code for the stereo? re program the key fobs? Ideally I am going to user a booster pack to get the car running and then get a new battery fitted at halfords in morning (the booster pack will stay with me over night).

Any help would be great

Cheers

Ian

PS if I need the stereo code would a ford garage provide me with that free of charge?

This post has been edited by ianp: 05 January 2010 - 04:31 PM

#2 User is offline   Dogsbody 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:58 PM

View Postianp, on 05 January 2010 - 01:41 PM, said:

Hi All,

I had to leave the pumu sitting for 3 weeks over christmas, I have tried to get in my car today and no joy, fob not working and initially key in the driver door not working.

I managed to get in via the passenger door and open the driver door from there, and since then the key works in the driver door, maybe this was because of the deadlock?

Anyway, tried the ignition and nothing, nada, no lights no sounds proper dead.

I take it I will be requiring a new battery, but what else will I need to be doing? Code for the stereo? re program the key fobs? Ideally I am going to user a booster pack to get the car running and then get a new battery fitted at halfords in morning (the booster pack will stay with me over night).

Any help would be great

Cheers

Ian

PS if I need the stereo code would a ford garage provide me with that free of charge?

If you PM me the stereo code LM number off the top of the unit, I will let you have the correct unlock code.

Your battery might be ok when recharged.
A Hard frost can take about 30% out of a battery.
MK4 XR3i
Mk3 XR3i
R Reg 1.7 Puma
T Reg 1.7 Lux Puma
Now its Racing Puma 072

Graham

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   ianp 

• Group: Members

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:09 PM

View PostDogsbody, on 05 January 2010 - 01:58 PM, said:

If you PM me the stereo code LM number off the top of the unit, I will let you have the correct unlock code.

Your battery might be ok when recharged.
A Hard frost can take about 30% out of a battery.

Ah, thats great nice one, I may have an issue pulling the stereo, as I dont have pullers, and would you believe it no metal coat hangers!! I am sure I can find a way though.

I dont suppose if you know if I will have to recode the key?

Cheers

Ian

#4 User is offline   PandK 

• Group: Validating

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:16 PM

I can't see why you should have to recode the key, after all, they still work after a battery disconnect.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic