Pumapeople: Pid Error - P1381 & P1383 Vct Warning - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pid Error - P1381 & P1383 Vct Warning Cam timng too retarded and ttoo advanced

#1 User is offline   simont 

• Group: Members

Posted 30 April 2016 - 09:33 AM

I had the cambelt changed on my 03/2000 W plate 1.7 a month or two ago now. All has been well until the other day. I'm about 20bhp down and keep getting those two errors come up every drive. Has been happening for about 3 or 4 days.

My guess is it might of slipped a tooth, or a faulty camshaft position sensor? (Even though the readings of voltage and status of sensor are ok). Also recently people have been getting electric shocks when getting out the car and touching the bodywork. Although mildly amusing at first its not when its happening every time. Could the two be linked?

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 30 April 2016 - 01:09 PM

Firstly you could check your earth straps, there is more than one but you can see one at the back of the engine bay. Either but from Ford or Halfords they are cheap.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   Ian G 

• Group: Admin

Posted 03 May 2016 - 11:09 PM

Pulleys need to be tight as there's no secondary restraint for them - if they're not torqued enough they will slip.

Tooth slip not if the belt is good.

Faulty sensor is a coincidence so unlikely - although far easier to swap in for diagnosis.

Shocks, no idea.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic