Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Frp 45 ! Killed At Ford Fair

#1 User is offline   vaspetrol 

• Group: Members

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:00 PM

R.I.P 0045
On August 11th 2013 at Silverstone Race Track in the UK, Ford Racing Puma 0045 was killed.
This was no ordinary Racing Puma, but a turbocharged Duratec Racing Puma which put out in excess of 400bhp.
This FRP and it's owner are iconic amongst the UK Ford Puma community.
0045 was hit by an over exuberant Focus ST and due to this, it twisted the chassis, deranged the O/S suspension turret and battered its way all along the O/S.
The shell and components could be repaired but at extreme expense. This could not have happened to a more kind, thoughtful and more generous man. He has repeatedly helped Uk Ford Puma members with ideas, advice and hard graft wanting nothing in return.
The aim is to buy another Ford Racing Puma and to rebuild this Duratec Monster!
In light of what has happened and just how much this man means to the UK Ford Puma community, we are taking it upon ourselves to donate what we can towards the cost of this wonderful man getting another Racing Puma. In our eyes this guy deserves everything that we can muster up for him.

I ask and plead with you that you could help him out. By donating whatever you can, £5, £10 it means not what you donate but even the smallest amounts will get him that little bit closer to reviving this.

Please if you are willing, donate what ever you can via PayPal to:
errol-fund@racing-puma.co.uk

We currently have our eyes on Racing Puma 0475

Thank you for reading, please follow links, or if not enabled , just search appropriate platforms to help if you wish, or just to lend a helping message :)
Vas
FRP #385 / FORD FIESTA ZETEC-S
Looked after by GK!!-In GK Ford I trust
BRAKES LOOKED AFTER BY DR.ALCON @ ELDUDE-BUILD!

PERFORMANCE FORD SHOW 2006-BEST PUMA WINNER
FORD FAIR CONCOURS CLASS WINNER 2006
WONDERLAND SPORTSCAR SHOW 2007-CONCOURS 2ND PLACE
BEST PARADE LAP FRP WINNER-CASTLE COMBE 2007
PUMAPEOPLE CALENDAR CAR 2009

Racing Puma Owners Club Membership Administrator

#2 User is offline   evilrob 

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:03 AM

More info over on Project Puma:
http://www.projectpu...=1&f=13&t=22340

#3 User is offline   CartMan 

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:37 AM

funds donated, wish I could do more, but I'm broke as it stands, will be donating more when I get my paychek :)

This is such a shame :(
1998 Puma 1.7 Replica FRP. innlet nr 138
Projekt tread http://www.pumapeopl...pic=104790&st=0

Time, is the fire in which we burn

#4 User is offline   V4FRP 

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:39 AM

Is this the one that was recently for sale for £13000?

#5 User is offline   gingerdave 

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:04 PM

:D/>

View PostV4FRP, on 13 August 2013 - 07:39 AM, said:

Is this the one that was recently for sale for £13000?

Hi Andy.my first post here.No not the same car don't think Errol would ever sell his car.Been for a few laps in it and it is VERY fast.See you in October

#6 User is offline   carrboy 

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:16 PM

My frp got crashed into and no one helped me out by donating! From the pics ive seen the damage isnt even that bad! New wing, bumper and prob front panel!
FRP 038 - R.I.P killed by an old man in his toyota avensis.
FRP 245 - sold, then killed by new owner!
FRP 225 - sold in 2013 and regretted it ever since!FRP ??? - Now after another one after two years of Fiesta ST2 ownership.

#7 User is offline   evilrob 

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:22 PM

People don't just hand over money to relative strangers for no reason - this guy has gone above and beyond the call of duty helping out other Puma owners - he's given people spare parts, advice, travelled for hours to help work on people's cars - all for free and the greater good. The only thing he's ever asked for in return is a can of Lilt, and was genuinely surprised when he received a bottle rather than a can!

You get what you give.

#8 User is offline   V4FRP 

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:31 PM

Amazed that I've never heard of this guy I'm obviously well out of the loop over here in wildest Wales. I wish people would contribute something towards the bill I've just received for getting my Lotus back on the road which has finished of my competitions for this season!!

#9 User is offline   carrboy 

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:49 PM

Anyone want to donate to my mountune fund for my Mk7 fiesta ST?

Im sure the guys a top bloke and his car is awesome but looking at the pics on project puma he lost the back end and piled into the focus! He even admitted this! Theres a pic of his car at an almost 90 degree angle on the corner just before impact.

Awesome to see a club pitching together though to help out, id be well chuffed!
FRP 038 - R.I.P killed by an old man in his toyota avensis.
FRP 245 - sold, then killed by new owner!
FRP 225 - sold in 2013 and regretted it ever since!FRP ??? - Now after another one after two years of Fiesta ST2 ownership.

#10 User is offline   Perfect Dark 

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:36 PM

I wish him all the best and hope he finds a resolution soon, if he wants a project to keep him busy in the meantime, he's welcome to upgrade mine to 400bhp!
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Badger 

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:27 AM

I agree, seeing a FRP killed is a horrible thing, but surely, if you go on the track you do slighly sign up to killing your car?? If it had been stolen while parked up at home it would be a different storey.

I've never met the guy or really heard about him (except getting into a squable ProjPum with him regarding the use of NOS), but I wish him all the best.

#12 User is offline   eldoodarino 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

View PostBadger, on 20 August 2013 - 09:27 AM, said:

, if you go on the track you do slighly sign up to killing your car??

lol!.. how you work that one out?
Wizards Of Nos 60hp progressive delivery.... yeah baby yeah :-o
Denso Iridium Plugs
Helix Clutch
Mobil 1

#13 User is offline   Badger 

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:47 AM

Motorsport is dangerous, it says it on the disclaimer you sign before going on a track :)

#14 User is offline   eldoodarino 

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:14 PM

mm, the alternative on roads tho is not so competent drivers coming head on at you...lol

at least on track your all going the same way and (hopefully) concentrating.. :lol: accidents can and do happen of course.. which is a shame.. :wacko:
Wizards Of Nos 60hp progressive delivery.... yeah baby yeah :-o
Denso Iridium Plugs
Helix Clutch
Mobil 1

#15 User is offline   Dogsbody 

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:17 PM

I did read that the average trackday will put so many month / years wear and tear on the car due to how hard its being driven.
Mine just lives on its rev limiter all day as I'm trying to get every bit of usable power out of it.

I Need a Duratec Turbo I think ;)
MK4 XR3i
Mk3 XR3i
R Reg 1.7 Puma
T Reg 1.7 Lux Puma
Now its Racing Puma 072

Graham

Posted Image

#16 User is offline   Ryan93 

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:53 PM

Wow some of the comments on here.....

I personally know two other people that spun exactly as errol did on the same corner, what happened was an rare occurrence. Of the countless track days I've been on i have never seen a car written off by being hit by another.I wouldnt be as sympathetic, and might not have contributed if it was completely his own fault but it definitely wasn't. He is a genuine guy who would help and give parts to any of you if it helped you out.

Dogsbody sounds like youd be quicker if you changed gear 100rpm sooner Posted Image

This post has been edited by Ryan93: 22 August 2013 - 04:54 PM

#17 User is offline   Dogsbody 

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:00 PM

View PostRyan93, on 22 August 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

Wow some of the comments on here.....

I personally know two other people that spun exactly as errol did on the same corner, what happened was an rare occurrence. Of the countless track days I've been on i have never seen a car written off by being hit by another.I wouldnt be as sympathetic, and might not have contributed if it was completely his own fault but it definitely wasn't. He is a genuine guy who would help and give parts to any of you if it helped you out.

Dogsbody sounds like youd be quicker if you changed gear 100rpm sooner Posted Image

I have shift lights set for 7000 so I don't actually hit the limiter except at Castle Combe, where its better to just run the car into the limiter in 4th on Avon Rise.

You should come to Castle Combe on a Action Day if you want to see "Car"nage at a track day.
BMW and a Clio made contact on the last one.
MK4 XR3i
Mk3 XR3i
R Reg 1.7 Puma
T Reg 1.7 Lux Puma
Now its Racing Puma 072

Graham

Posted Image

#18 User is offline   Ryan93 

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:23 PM

Dogsbody said:

1377277239[/url]' post='929178']
I have shift lights set for 7000 so I don't actually hit the limiter except at Castle Combe, where its better to just run the car into the limiter in 4th on Avon Rise.

You should come to Castle Combe on a Action Day if you want to see "Car"nage at a track day.
BMW and a Clio made contact on the last one.

Youve got some reactions mid corner to notice and react in a physical movement when the rev limit comes at 7100
What i was saying is its very unlikely, and ive never seen both cars written off through contact with another on a trackday
Not a big fan of combe but if your heading to cadwell or rockingham ill be there in the frp with the shift lights set at 9300 :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic