• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1.7 Project, Slow But Steady Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   salford doorman 

• Group: Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

what have you done to the insides, door panels etc :woot2: it looks like you have nothing left it will be lke an empty tin can??

#62 User is offline   Kizza 

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

ive ripped them all out to lightern the car and i am putting lighter cards onto the doors. im also ripping the dash out hahaha

#63 User is offline   salford doorman 

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:55 AM

that will effect the natural balance and strength of the car but will it really make the car much faster,really you need more power surely?Posted Image

#64 User is offline   Kizza 

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:20 AM

well it will improve the power to weight ratio and then when i start upgrading the engine the performance will stand out more. ;)

#65 User is offline   t783vkj 

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:54 AM

If weight loss is your thing, you wanna take a look at whats landed of your boot.

#66 User is offline   Kizza 

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:07 PM

i like that for the time being, i may remove it once the car is finished tho hahaha.

#67 User is offline   dawesy 

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:38 AM

some serious weight loss there.
can i ask why you've cut the strut tower out for the rear strut brace?
would have been better and a lot stronger to weld a reinforcement plate onto the tower and the nuts behind. just my 2p
my other toy has 470bhp

#68 User is offline   Turby 

• View gallery
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

I'd be interested to know how the rear bumper is attached, now that the inner part of the bumper is gone... :derr:
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope - 1709)
Stop being spoon fed and GOOGLE it!

#69 User is offline   Kizza 

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

im rewelding the strut towers back together when i get a chance now, managed to get alot of a cheap front and rear strut brace so the holes are no longer needed lol and the bumper is held on as normal but goin to have 2 bolts behind the number plate holding whats left of the inners to it so i can use the standard mounts on the inside of the car. its still held in at the side are it was before i took it off.

im moving house atm so progres has stopped for a week or to but once im sorted and the car is in its new home il upload a few pics of some stuff ive done to the car and bought for it

#70 User is offline   Kizza 

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:53 PM

got a small list of things that ive bought for the puma in the last couple of days,

perspex for the windows
bonnet pins (black)
boot spring catches (black)
bucket seats (a bit tatty but will do the job for now)
front strut brace
rear strut brace.

not bad to say all that cost me give or take a couple of pennys 125quid

i love bargins :woot2:

still need to order my 4-2-1 manifold but will do that in a week or so when ive sold a few more things on ebay ;)

#71 User is offline   Kizza 

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:42 PM

been a while since an update but ive been busy moving back into my mum and dads with my pregnant fiance. not done much to the car with all the rigmeral of moving. im goin to be renting a unit soon so it will be goin there as soon as ive got it. got a few things for it over the last few weeks like alot of poly bushes for the car off a fellow pumapeople member and im bidding on a exhaust manifold thats only 10 miles away from where i live. ive got alot to get on with but no time as of lately and with nearly no room at my parents house i cant see much being done in the next few weeks. the real work will start when ive got the unit up and running and im running my business from there insead of being stuck on boring shift work.

i will upload some pics of were the car is living atm when my new laptop arrives (been killed my my cat + a glass of water)

cheers Kizza

#72 User is offline   Kizza 

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:51 PM

I will be uploading some pics of the car and some of the stuff i have tomorow night. got the laptop sorted now and i can upload as many pics as i want :woot2: ive got my 4-2-1 manifold now with all the gaskets i need so will be fitting that soon along with the rest of the stuff i have for the car so far. im hoping to have the car running again in a week or 2. . . well thats the plan anyway.

will upload some pics tomoro of its current location and the progress i have made so far.

cheers kieran

#73 User is offline   Kizza 

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:34 PM

They may be a bit later than planned but as promised here are some pictures of the current home of the puma and the parts ive bought for it.

to start with, where the car is living
Posted Image

powered by MONSTER!!! hahaha

Posted Image

the mondeo in the background there :lol:

Posted Image

il be turning her around once the engine is running to dismantle the rear and rebuild with all new parts.

this is my manifold cost 160 quid (new), it has two holes for the exhaust gases sensor but i dont know which is the right one???

Posted Image

the first one

Posted Image

the second one

Posted Image

i think the second one is correct but im unsure, does anybody else have an idea?

here are all the exhaust gaskets with some assebily paste to help it all seal 20 quid for them all

Posted Image

got a set of old bucket seats for 35 quid and a set of harnesses for 20 delivered BUT!!!!!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

the seats need some tlc and the harnesses are PINK!!!

Also won on ebay this little beauty, its new/old stock delivered for 4.79

Posted Image

Posted Image

and from a fellow puma people member i got these nice bushes that will be fitted shortly, im on the look out for some more to finish the rest of the car. cost 70 quid

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

a couple of pics of the strut braces cost 50 quid

Posted Image

Posted Image

i got a set of orange mud flaps off a mate. cost nothing :D

Posted Image

they just need a little clean

my bonnet pins and the boot springs bought off ebay for 15 quid for the pair

Posted Image

Posted Image

here is my future windows. a large sheet of perspex

Posted Image

i know i havent done alot but ive been busy with moving and working as such is life. but as its getting warmer and staying lighter for longer i should start getting alot done to the car.

This post has been edited by Kizza: 24 May 2012 - 10:52 PM

#74 User is offline   Kizza 

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:34 PM

Im hoping to get the car working and trackable by september

This post has been edited by Kizza: 24 May 2012 - 11:02 PM

#75 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:04 PM

FRP if that helps.
http://www.pumapeopl...35_68_98170.jpg
Looks like you have been having a time part hunting as quite a collecton there to fitv :)
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#76 User is offline   Kizza 

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:00 PM

thanks kat that does help, il try the hole further down the manifold first.

yeah ive got a alot of things to go onto the puma now but there is still loads more to get before it will be useable. i just keep my ear to the ground and wait until i get a bargain on the rest of the items i need aswell.

#77 User is offline   Kizza 

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:29 PM

ive made some real progress today with the refitting of the engine bay, the pics are uploading to photobucket now and i will upload them all tomoro during my dinner break at work.

also ive removed the air con pump, how would it attach the power steering pipe to the car that was attached to the back of the pump? i have pics and will show everybody what i mean tomoro.

cheers kieran

#78 User is offline   Kizza 

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:26 AM

the day started off with finding all the parts i needed, 2 hours later i have most of them. i have got 2 or 3 of must things to do with the engine so plenty of spares just in case ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

ive chosen the best of the lot and started fitting them to the car. ive done must of the stuff at the back of the engine, wanted to get the hared stuff done before anything else :cool2:

after about 8 hours of cleaning, fitting parts and some swearing here is were the cars it at the moment

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

after i fitted the manifold and the power steering pump i started with the drive shaft and the piping for the steering

i made i tool to make my life a little bit easyer B)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

got the rear mount in after i had fitted all the stuff at the back of the engine

i have a problem with the piping :head: can anybody help with this? ive removed the air con pump but now i have nowere to fit the power steering pipe to without putting a big bend into it.
anybody had this problem???

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

other than that little problem i think ive had a good start with the refit. just need to fit all the remaining things not to the front of the engine them fit the rad and all the cooling pipes. if it all goes smoothly i should have it fired up by the end of next weekend :woot2: cant wait to have her running again :wub:

#79 User is offline   Kizza 

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:17 AM

the more i look at suspension kits i realise i cant aford i good set unless there cheap or old so would it be chaep and nasty of me for the time being if i put some lowering springs onto my own standard shocks? only until i have the funds for some new or good condition second hand ones. i could get some 40-60mm springs new deliverd for about 70-80 posted to my door :woot:

#80 User is offline   Kizza 

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:19 AM

just orderd some;

25mm spacers for 15 quid posted

60mm lowering springs for 59 quid posted

braded brake hoses (scond hand done less the 150 miles) 25 quid posted

not bad for less than 100 quid

the parts keep pilling up faster than i can fit them hahahahaha

Share this topic:

• 16 Pages +
  • « First