• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chips (EMU) ??

#21 User is offline   Turby 

• View gallery
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 20 March 2003 - 08:57 AM

The Unichip should cost around £400-500.  You will need supply the ECU code from a sticker on your  ECU or door jam.
The Unichip will be supplied 'blank'- it will need to be wired in, then tweaked by a laptop running on the rolling road.  I can recommend Owen Developments in Oxfordshire as a good supplier/tuner 01865 820580.  Not everyone knows how tune these chips properly so beware.

Owen Developments are stacked out with work until mid may sad.gif

#22 User is offline   daglesj 

• Group: Members

Posted 26 March 2003 - 01:48 PM

Colin is right, a Unichip does need proper setting up. I had mine fitted last summer and it took over two hours and did nearly 50 miles on the rolling road before they were satisfied they had got all the kinks out.

The result is a far smoother car and yes it is a lot nippier. The dyno results were most pleasing. I sometimes drive a mates unchipped Puma and it feels really different.

Would I do it again? Yes, if I sell the Puma it will be taken out and plumbed into my next car! It cost £475 all in.

#23 User is offline   bigdave 

Posted 27 March 2003 - 09:00 AM

So unichip looks the way to go!

Can anyone recommend anywhere in SW London, or Surrey area that can install one for me. I've looked on the web and I found a list of dealers but none of them are near me!

Any help would be much appreciated!

#24 User is offline   jimmyr 

Posted 27 March 2003 - 11:22 AM

just installed the "blufin" on my 1.7

all in all i'm happy with the money spent. it's much more responsive in that dire region between 1000 - 3500 rpm and picks up 'in gear' much better. there's also a bit extra at the top end of things.

took 5 minutes to do once it arrived and the beauty is you can change the settings back to the originals at any time.

7 day money back gives security, but i think i'll be keeping mine

#25 User is offline   skindemon 

Posted 27 March 2003 - 12:50 PM

yeah, have seen the bluefin flying around. How much did it all set you back mate?

#26 User is offline   jimmyr 

Posted 27 March 2003 - 01:32 PM

it costs £300 which some might think is a tad on the pricey side, but it was absolutely no hassle (a key purchasing requirement) - rang up, paid, got delievered the next day, job done

#27 User is offline   skindemon 

Posted 27 March 2003 - 02:19 PM

sweet, why cant more things be like that!

#28 User is offline   mcpetr 

Posted 05 April 2003 - 05:32 PM

I would like to inform all, that my Ford Dealer reprograme my EMU after making a check /test in all the electronic parts. (MAF sensor, HEGO sensor etc)

The Ford's software of that laptop (plugged into the easily accessible diagnostic 16pin port, inside the Puma) found that ... it was available a better and upgrader version of data for the EMU... in 30 secs the program deletes the older data.. and in 3-5 minutes the new upgrade version of software uploaded in my EMU... I own a 1.7 VCT and after that "upgrade" I really saw MUCH imrovement in all the range of the engine... Especially in first gear the difference is so visible. Also in all other gears I have now more power..... especially between 4200-5200 rpm

I dont know if that Ford's newer version for my Puma EMU has to do with the speed limiter .... or with better fuel "orders" .

Cheers,

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic