Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bodyshop Recommendations For My Frp

#1 User is offline   eddie0826 

• Group: Members

Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:37 PM

Hi All,

Many apologise as it has been awhile since I've been on here.

Strangely the last few years, a small blister has developed at the top of my front arch. Shortly after this blister another blister developed at exactly the same position on the other front arch and I've now got some funds to sort this out.

I am looking to get all the arches all round sorted including the sills while I am at it.

I have one quote but I'm always a bit cautious using someone I don't know so my question is, can any recommend a body shop in the midlands who they know will do a good job in terms of matching the imperial blue?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Eddie

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:00 PM

I'm surprised the aluminium arches have bubbled that much. I have superficial bubbles on mine you can only just feel then as none smooth paint but only on the lip edge.
Have you sourced the sills? Express Steel have done a Puma long sill and short sill though the latter is less useful on the FRP. Ford still do the short inner rear sill and a place in Wales can do short or bigger FRP rear arch panels.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   eddie0826 

Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:49 PM

Hi Happykat
I found puzzling too but the bodyshop i got first quote from seems to think its corrosion. He said it could be coming from the underside of arches but what crazy is it is on both arches at same spot.I think im ok with the sills, looks like more surface and very slight but may as well get them sorted at same time and get rid of stone chips too.

#4 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 29 March 2017 - 02:26 PM

Front archs are aluminium the rear are mild steel. Aluminium can have a form of corrosion but I'm ignoring mine as nothing to see really and is mega slow change.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#5 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 29 March 2017 - 02:28 PM

You have Pumabuild in the Midlands, not personally used Alan for paint work though he has an FRP in at the moment.

#6 User is offline   eddie0826 

Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:34 PM

Yeah, think mine has slowly increased in size over 4years or so. Wonder if I've been washing her too much.

Never thought of pumabuild, might give them a tinkle. Any other recommendation are welcome.

#7 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:41 PM

I have not personally used any, there are many active FRP owners on FB if you are finding too few replies and a picture of front arch rust might help.

#8 User is offline   eddie0826 

Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:40 PM

Yeah, that's a good idea.

Problem is I don't know how to put pics up on the forum. :(/>

#9 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:34 PM

If you add then to the gallery, no bigger size than 1024 x 768. If you put them in gallery I'll then put them to your post.

#10 User is offline   eddie0826 

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:04 AM

Hi Happy-Kat,

I have uploaded pics of the blisters, thanks.

#11 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:23 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 User is offline   eddie0826 

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:28 AM

Thanks Happy-Kat, mucho appreciated!

#13 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:34 AM

What does it feel like on the inside of the panel?

#14 User is offline   eddie0826 

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:41 AM

Might have to get back to you on that, cant actually remember but the guy I saw last week for a quote had a look and feels it might be from the inside.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic