Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Track Day Driving Tips Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   SkunkMunkey3000 

• Group: Members

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:14 AM

Hi everyone,

Next Monday, me and Soph get our first trackday experience - We both get 5 laps round silverstone in a Lotus Exige. Being the competitive types we're already both looking to out-do each other so was wondering if anyone has any good tips on how to get a quicker lap time. Soph has a bit of an advantage as she has owned a mid engined, RWD car before (albeit an MGF) whereas my RWD experience consists of a few drives in friends saloons and trying to do do-nuts in maccy-D's car parks.

Being used to FWD are there likely to be things that really catch me out or do I just go for it and hope for the best?

Cheers,

#2 User is offline   Turby 

• View gallery
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:27 PM

Slow in fast out... I guess they will be the Exige S which are supercharged :ph34r: , if its wet they are dead easy to spin if you are not gentle on the steering / throttle / brake inputs...

You wont really gain anything over 5 laps :( but you can at least learn where the circuit goes in terms of left and right before you get there. Note that there are many circuit configurations - so if you do try to learn ensure you learn the correct one! :roflmao:

Have fun :)
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope - 1709)
Stop being spoon fed and GOOGLE it!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic