Pumapeople: Just In Case There Are Any Droids Out There - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Just In Case There Are Any Droids Out There Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

I am having issues with my rooted TC desire.
Desire GSM rooted and S-ON RA-Desire v2.0.1 stock HBOOT Ext 4 1Gb latest radio for phone.

Have been running on a custom rom for over a year now and want to install the latest copy of the same rom. The md5sum is identical for the zip file to the source.
Booted into recovery wiped all data, cache and then devlik-cache.
I have turned off signature verification and then selected my rom zip on SD card.
Installed the rom rather there were no errors and it took about 20 seconds (seemed too fast). Two lines of text appeared for a brief moment but could not read them.
Next in recovery I did a reboot.
Eventually phone boots into rom but it is not the new rom it is the exact same old rom.
I can see from applications listed that I am still super user so not lost root.
In settings software information everything is listed identical to what I had before.
The contents of the zip files are different so it is not the same rom being flashed.

Choosen rom is
[ROM][Cool Sense][5 April]Cool Droid v3|2.3.4|FASTEST|Data++/Stock (currently have Icecream sense v2 installed which is an earlier version of the same rom)

So then I thought ok start again and reinstall my original rom from scratch.
Even installing the previous rom things are still not right.
The apps that normally come with the rom are not installed such as Demon controller, No adds and Busy Box. I can see that they are in the zip file they are just not been added.
I can manually install Busy Box from the market so I know it is not a permission thing.
Titatium Backup is seeing my Ext4 partion (it calls it an ap2sd but it is showing) so I don't think there is a problem with my SD card arrangement plus installing an app causes the available space on the ext4 partion to go down expectedly.
I stupidly do not have a nandroid of the previous install I can restore. whoops!

So any ideas please why the previously working and installed rom is not reinstalling fully with all it's built in apps?
Anything I could try please?
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#2 User is offline   bennyboy1 

• Group: Members

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

I have`nt a clue what you just saidPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
never done greek at school

#3 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

I never did geek at school either (BBC micro was about the best it got then) :) just a hobby.
Looks like I have identified the problem, my SD card is flakey and Gparted reports sick partion table that wont fix so the Ext4 partion was not been seen which is probably why the install failed and the apps were not installing.
New Sd card will be ordered.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#4 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

Sorted it.
Gparted was causing issues so I changed my approach to partioning the card and all is now working and phone is rebuilt and I am now just flavouring how I like it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic