• 16 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1.7 Project, Slow But Steady Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   salford doorman 

• Group: Members

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:58 PM

most diesel mondeos will get 500 on a tank my dad gets near 600 on his, its the 1.8 2.0 petrols that are bad thirsy engines and not goood for many miles.:derr:

#42 User is offline   CartMan 

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:02 PM

my volvo gets about 1200 km on one tank :)
1998 Puma 1.7 Replica FRP. innlet nr 138
Projekt tread http://www.pumapeopl...pic=104790&st=0

Time, is the fire in which we burn

#43 User is offline   Kizza 

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:16 PM

my dad has the mk3 mondeo and he only gets 400-450 to a tank so thought i would get that myself. i do a 60 mile run to and from work every day doin 40-50-60 all the way so i think that could be why im getting the milage to a tank of fuel. my puma on the same run could do it on a little over 7 quid on fuel so it could jusy be the distance and not stoping and starting every 2 miles hahahah eather way im happy with the car :lol:

#44 User is offline   Kizza 

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

rite small update, ive removed all the unwanted brackets in the back of the car aswell as the carpets and most of the sound profing. im getting rid of the passenger seat but keeping the drivers one for now. il be getting the fly wheel balanced when i next get paid and that will mean i can then put the engine and gearbox into the car and start wireing the engine bay and piping the engine up. along with this i will be able to start fitting my front end again and get the good puma looks back again ;)

#45 User is offline   salford doorman 

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:20 PM

what brackets have you removed then?

#46 User is offline   Kizza 

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:30 PM

the ones that mount the rear seats and one or two other, also is there any other bits of frame in the car that i could remove to save weight without altering the structure of the car itself?

#47 User is offline   ScubaSteve 

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:42 PM

loads if you are fitting a cage

#48 User is offline   ScubaSteve 

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:42 PM

also front door skins

#49 User is offline   Kizza 

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:05 PM

well i will be fitting a cage but just not yet, the funds are not there for that atm and got loads of other things that need my attention and money first such as a 4-2-1 manifold and ajustable suspension...... il take some pics tonight after a bit more progress as post them up when i can.

#50 User is offline   Kizza 

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:32 PM

can not find my camera anywer, this has gone from anoying to bad news. i hate updating without pics but here we go, not the new engine ready for the flywheel goin to see a guy about that tomorow. the car is in the air ready to accept the engine. got rid or yet more unwanted waight out of the car and have plans to make a fibre glass bonnet in the cellor. also looking into buying a aluminium petrol tank to save yet more weight. but other than that not done much else. i dont know how much weight ive striped out but i think its alot and still got the doors and dash to do at some point. as soon as i find my camera or buy another one i will upload some pics of it all.

cheers kieran

#51 User is offline   Kizza 

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:06 PM

ive borrowed a camera and the pictures are uploading on to photo bucket as i type. ive got the engine in now but not piped anything up to it yet but everybody will beable to see my progress very soon

cheers kieran

#52 User is offline   Kizza 

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:02 PM

Right here are some progress pics of what ive been up to since my camera went missing.

the engine is in now, i got that in today after over 12 months without a heart the old girl has got it back in place Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

some pics of the interior and tailgate after some weight loss Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

a few little pics of my home made strut brace Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

ive also cut the uneeded plastic out of the back of the rear bumper

Posted Image

And a pic of the puma grave yard (my back garden haha)

Posted Image

now she is almost ready for a front end build up Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

id doesnt seen like ive done alot but its been very time consuming and im hppy with the progress so far.

comments please, kieran

This post has been edited by Kizza: 31 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

#53 User is offline   CartMan 

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

good progres :) realy like the painted sub frame :) Wish I had the time t do that :)
1998 Puma 1.7 Replica FRP. innlet nr 138
Projekt tread http://www.pumapeopl...pic=104790&st=0

Time, is the fire in which we burn

#54 User is offline   Kizza 

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:20 PM

well the weight loss continues, ive spent half an hour in the cold and jesus crist i was in a vest last week and this week a jumper and still i was freezing hahaha.

Posted Image

I have managed to get some perspex from work for the window so when i manage to get that home i will cut it out for the door glass and also got some plastic wrapped in ally for the door cards. i wonder how much the car will weigh when if finished and just how far you can go with it all without it just being stupid.

Posted Image

the drivers side is next then its onto the dash, but i want to get the engine running in the car first so the dash will be coming out in a couple of weeks.

Posted Image

Posted Image

the car still looks like its a scrapper but when its got the wheels and front end back on itshould look tip top again just like it did over 16 months ago :D

Posted Image

anybody got any other ways i could get rid of more weight out of the car without making it handle like a fish on a pair of skates hahahaha

#55 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:30 PM

Do you have a date or event in mind that your puma will be ready in time for?

Lighter alloy wheels may be.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#56 User is offline   ScubaSteve 

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:38 PM

Abs removed?

#57 User is offline   ScubaSteve 

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:39 PM

Gel battery?

#58 User is offline   Kizza 

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:07 PM

alloys may be a thing for the future when i have a little more free cash happy-cat but im pritty low on cash atm im just about to move house. . . . again Posted Image

I am removing the abs system as i go through the car and look at what i can remove to save weight. like the heater box and dash

how much will a gel battery cost? i will be putting the battery into the back of the car soon.

i do was it track worthy by spetember which i dont think is to far out of reach, i think i only have about 250-350 left to spend until im there.

i cant wait to get her back on the road and give her a good thrashing again hahaha.

cheers kieran

#59 User is offline   Kizza 

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:08 PM

Progress report :lol: she's looking good again all being with a silver wing on one side.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

also got a door pannel sorted and got enough left over to do behind the seat aswel. dont know what to cover it in yet. i need to have a look around, i mite see about orange yet B)

Posted Image

also sanded down and painted part of the old exhaust that im goin to be using.

Posted Image

the engine isnt running yet and not hooked much up to it yet. im waiting for a few more things yet like my 4-2-1 manifold that im goin to order when i get paid next week.

#60 User is offline   Kizza 

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:59 PM

im goin to be pluging up the engine in the next couple of days and stripping and cleaning the rest of the inside of the car minus the drivers seat and steering wheel of course. . . . well what more do you need in a car hahahaha

Share this topic:

• 16 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic