Pumapeople: New Key - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Key

#1 User is offline   keja33 

• Group: Members

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

I have searched,honest,but cant find anything,,remote key is not working,,a little bit of plastic has broken inside the fob,,,phoned Evans Halshaw in Blackpool,,,and they need a red key,,which i havent got,so therefore it will cost about £30 for a red key,about £70 for a new remote fob and about £80 to reprogramme etc,,,is this correct,,all i have is the broken fob,a t bar key which is labelled petrol cap and a black thin key with a red piece on the top,,,surely it can be done for less than nearly £200 ??

#2 User is offline   Ian G 

• Group: Admin

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

Can be done cheaper - buy an ECU and lock set.

What year is the car?

#3 User is offline   keja33 

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

its a puma black,,2000

#4 User is offline   Ian G 

• Group: Admin

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

Check on the bulkhead whether it has one single grey connector coming from the exhaust or a green and a blue.

ECU is £30, lock set is £35, half a day's labour to fit it all.

#5 User is offline   baxxter 

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

So you luckily have the complete standard set of keys that came with your car (1 remote key, 1 standard key, 1 T key). You do not need a red key, those were only needed for PATS I (Passive Anti Theft System) but all Pumas have PATS II. It seems to me that in order to get your remote working again you have two options:
  • If it is just a part of the housing/case that broke off, you could get one of those replacement housings/cases and you are good to go. This should be the cheapest method as the housing/case should only set you back about 10 quid max. Detach your remote from the keyblade to see which one matches yours.
  • You get a matching remote (should start with 98BG15K601 followed by two letter AA,AB or AC) from ebay and program it to work with the central locking and get the transponder within that remote known by the immobiliser of the PCM. You can do all the programming yourself and there are instructions in the wiki and in your manual. Even if you have no keyblade for the new remote remember that you do have a remote key that consists of a keyblade and a remote ;-)

This post has been edited by baxxter: 15 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

Baxx & Red Puma 1.7

#6 User is offline   pumaoldie 

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

Strange....... My key fob stopped working last night - never had any problem before. Could it be the weather? I don't have the original Ford fob so if I need a new one do I have to go to Ford? What is ECU and where are they based?

#7 User is offline   keja33 

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

All sorted, mate of mine knew someone at a locksmiths,,came to house,new fob etc £60 :cool:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic