Pumapeople: Doune Hill Climb - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Doune Hill Climb Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Brokenbrian 

• Group: Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

I was out playing at doune hillclimb today and managed a third in class out of 7 against some faster more powerful machinery and got a new personal best as well. Here is a link to my first timed run on a slightly damp greasy hill.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6SqXkG1MzEo
For all my youtube vids see

www.youtube.com/user/Chickenshedracing

#2 User is offline   Dogsbody 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

Nice :)

I presume your speedo isn't working as you have disconnected it to remove the traction control off the line?
I'm going to Gurston Down next month with a friend to watch a hill climb.
MK4 XR3i
Mk3 XR3i
R Reg 1.7 Puma
T Reg 1.7 Lux Puma
Now its Racing Puma 072

Graham

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   V4FRP 

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:26 AM

Great run that looks like a great hill too. Anothe Puma competing on the hills is great news too. Got our first event at Prescott 1st June just hope it can be as good as that run!

#4 User is offline   Brokenbrian 

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

Yup speedo disconnected to allow better starts off the line especially as the torque limiter/traction control is more noticeable since I fitted a gearbox from a 1.4 puma as that has a shorter diff ratio and was a whole lot cheaper than some nice quaife internals. I left it hooked up for my first two practice runs as it was very wet and looks like I was doing around 70mph up through the first crash barrier lined bit, that's slow compared to the single seater boy but then they are wired up wrong :roflmao:/> . Doune is a great hillclimb all hillclimbers should come give it a try. Long term plan is that I get down to try a few of the English hill and sprint events in the next couple of years.

#5 User is offline   Brokenbrian 

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:07 AM

Not been on for a bit but had another event at doune hillclimb a couple of weekends ago, and as its is a brittish championship round my class structure is a bit different to the usual 1401-2000 cc and all the national B licence holders are all together so was up against various westfield/chaterham and similar kit cars with an entry 20 cars in the class and i managed to get a 7th in class and set a new PB as well.
Here is the footage of the two timed runs.

#6 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:15 PM

Excellent, quite a long hill, looked an interesting course
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#7 User is offline   Brokenbrian 

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

It is 1350 meters or so and yes is not one for the faint hearted specially up through the first armco lined bit, it's my 3rd year going and im only now starting to use what little width there is of the track :o/>

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic