Pumapeople: Interior Light - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Interior Light Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Dave1000car 

• Group: Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

Hi all my interior light is not working when i open drivers door but works every other way read somewhere might be switch in door handle .the switch in the hinge is a dummy any advice

#2 User is offline   baxxter 

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:56 PM

Actually that information is not quite correct. For Pumas that were built 1999 and onwards with alarm fitted the door entry switches (those near the hinges) do in fact nothing. On older models (1997/98) the door entry switches are responsible for the interior lamp (via relay) and the lights-on-warner (also a relay with a buzzer), as those were separate parts which later got integrated into the GEM and the door ajar switches (those inside the door) were used for that purpose, too. Therefore the door entry switches were not used anymore if the car was equipped with alarm and remote central locking.
So depending on how old your Puma is, those switches near the door hinges may be at fault or the respective relay is. I also assume that you already checked the fuses.
Baxx & Red Puma 1.7

#3 User is offline   Dave1000car 

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

View Postbaxxter, on 28 June 2013 - 09:56 PM, said:

Actually that information is not quite correct. For Pumas that were built 1999 and onwards with alarm fitted the door entry switches (those near the hinges) do in fact nothing. On older models (1997/98) the door entry switches are responsible for the interior lamp (via relay) and the lights-on-warner (also a relay with a buzzer), as those were separate parts which later got integrated into the GEM and the door ajar switches (those inside the door) were used for that purpose, too. Therefore the door entry switches were not used anymore if the car was equipped with alarm and remote central locking.
So depending on how old your Puma is, those switches near the door hinges may be at fault or the respective relay is. I also assume that you already checked the fuses.

Hi baxxter
Ya checked.fuses have you got a pic of the relay i think it may be it because the buzzer not working either

#4 User is offline   baxxter 

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:07 PM

That would be plausible. I took a snapshot of my fusebox which needs to be dropped out (losen 2 screws, press 2 clips inward) and that grey cube is the lights-on-warner, the yellow one is the entry illumination delay relay. I hope this helps.
Posted Image

I forgot to mention that this is for a LHD Puma but it should be similar (at least the relay colours) for RHD Pumas.

This post has been edited by baxxter: 29 June 2013 - 02:10 PM

Baxx & Red Puma 1.7

#5 User is offline   Dave1000car 

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:18 PM

View Postbaxxter, on 29 June 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

That would be plausible. I took a snapshot of my fusebox which needs to be dropped out (losen 2 screws, press 2 clips inward) and that grey cube is the lights-on-warner, the yellow one is the entry illumination delay relay. I hope this helps.
Posted Image

I forgot to mention that this is for a LHD Puma but it should be similar (at least the relay colours) for RHD Pumas.

Great are these compatable with any other ford possible get second hand or go for new ones

#6 User is offline   baxxter 

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

Probably, there should be a number on it and as long as that matches they should work. For example: I have one of the green relays laying around (12V 40/30A) and it says 93BG 13A025 A1B on it and on the other side a diagram showing what which contact is for. Seems pretty generic to me. The buzzer one and the delay relay are special in their function but should also be found in Fiestas or other Fords from around that year.
It really helps if you tell what year (and month) your Puma was built because of the changes that were made during production.
Baxx & Red Puma 1.7

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic