Pumapeople: Tai Chi - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tai Chi Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   grayfox 

• Group: Members

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:32 PM

Had my first lesson today in yang style tai chi - love the fluid slow movement, so peaceful and relaxing while at the same working all your body (esp lower body) and is said to cleanse your body and mind.

My instructor said at the end of the class that I was one of the most promising students his seen! happy.gif

I've Had an interest in zen/meditation and chinese/buddist martial arts for a number of years, coupled with my knowledge of form/stance from a previous martial art for 5 years must have certainly helped!

Anyone else practice tai chi or any other form of martial arts?

#2 User is offline   Crystalpuma 

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:35 PM

I am attuned to Reiki, as is my mum, plus she does Qi Gong, which is based around similar basic principles. She does the Way of the Crane if that means anything to you??
"Margaret was right...piracy is our only option"
Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

Nancy & Vix

#3 User is offline   grayfox 

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (Crystalpuma @ Feb 12 2009, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am attuned to Reiki, as is my mum, plus she does Qi Gong, which is based around similar basic principles. She does the Way of the Crane if that means anything to you??

Yes, deeply rooted in chinese kungfu films but they obviously take it ott, lol. Mostly about self-awareness I believe.

Yea definitely Qigong is based around one's life force which relate as one's chi. Very interesting stuff, love it

#4 User is offline   Guy Incognito 

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:26 PM

I know Fu Kyu. It is a little known martial art developed in the far West (of Scotland) It centres around buckfast to cleanse the colon followed by glasgow kiss, then stamping on the head of your opponent when they are down! laugh.gif

I did used to do Aikido, Ju jitsu and Sjhoto Kai? Karate. Not for over 15 years though! I suspect I would do myslef a mischeif if I tried any kicks. ph34r.gif

#5 User is offline   shyann 

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:06 AM

I've always wanted to practise Tai Chi -maybe I'll find out if there're any classes nearby smile.gif

Many years ago 25+ Brian & I did some Aikido,I also did Judo for a while a few years before that. Mind you, I'd probably easily pull something if I tried any now.

Quite few years ago my in-laws were in Hong Kong for 15 months, my father in-law was working on the new power station. Whilst they were there they saw the Chinese people all practising their Tai Chi in the park, & they had their pet birds in their cages there too.

Ann

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic