Pumapeople: Laser Treatment - Pumapeople

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Laser Treatment Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_Miss Boss_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 December 2008 - 11:15 PM

Last Thursdy i had my eyes lasered!!! cannot believe i have actually gone through with it, but one of the best decisions i have ever made!! The procedure wasnt too pleasant but was so quick it was worth it! Hardest part now is not rubbing my eyes.

anyone else had it done??

#2 User is offline   hotrodspike 

• Group: Members

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE (Miss Boss @ Dec 1 2008, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Last Thursdy i had my eyes lasered!!! cannot believe i have actually gone through with it, but one of the best decisions i have ever made!! The procedure wasnt too pleasant but was so quick it was worth it! Hardest part now is not rubbing my eyes.

anyone else had it done??

Had it done 4 years ago, best thing I've had done! Took a while until I could stand bright lights but it was worth it in the end. Ended up with two pairs of unwanted (very expensive) frames, but I paid to have the prescription lenses taken out and sunglass lenses put in (£30 a pair).
BOK is our co-pilot.

#3 Guest_Miss Boss_*

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:03 AM

aye sunglasses are my best friend at the mo! When i had the treatment done, i came out of the surgery with glasses on, onto a busy high street in centre of cardiff. People were looking at me oddly given it was raining and quite dark but the lights in shops were killing my eyes. they do still ache and feel a bit gritty but only to be expected given i had the surgeyr just 5 days ago. i just love it, especially with wedding and honeymoon coming up!

#4 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:32 AM

brave biggrin.gif glad it is fab for you

me I stick to my scaffold wink.gif far too chicken for that
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#5 User is offline   mort666 

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:27 AM

Glad to hear it went well and that you are pleased with the results.

I think I'll have to stick with my glasses for a while. don't think I could afford it and I've been wearing glasses that long I really don't feel I look right without them now smile.gif
Journeyed to the green hell and survived
A good friend will help you move; A true friend will help you move the bodies

#6 User is offline   Mork of Ork 

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:39 AM

How much was it? I'd like to have it done but as my eyes are astigmatic I don't know if it can be done.
There are only 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those that don't.

My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!

#7 User is offline   Pumasparky 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:55 PM

They can treat eyes with astigasm too. Cost depends on where you go. The 'cheap' options at specsavers often have a lot of hidden extras
PUMASPARKY

#8 User is offline   shyann 

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:13 PM

I'm glad that your laser treatment to your eyes worked cool.gif
I'm going to stick to my glasses because as well as not being able to afford to have them done, I'm squeamish & don't like & can't use optex,or eyedrops, can't open my eyes under water ohmy.gif

Ann

#9 User is offline   Mork of Ork 

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (Pumasparky @ Dec 2 2008, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They can treat eyes with astigasm too. Cost depends on where you go. The 'cheap' options at specsavers often have a lot of hidden extras

Ah good stuff, I might have to start saving up then and looking around, I just started using contacts and I'm almost used to the fact that I don't have glasses on my face. I keep going to adjust them and make it look like I was just scratching my nose! laugh.gif
There are only 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those that don't.

My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!

#10 User is offline   Pumasparky 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:47 PM

This site has a fair bit of information

www.sheffieldvisioncentre.co.uk
PUMASPARKY

#11 User is offline   hotrodspike 

Posted 02 December 2008 - 06:31 PM

Mine cost £990 four years ago, and that was at Optimax in Birmingham. I had a bad astigmatism in my right eye due to an accident 30 years ago. Took another 10 seconds of laser to correct it. If you are thinking of having it done, do it and don't let other people put you off.
BOK is our co-pilot.

#12 User is offline   DaveMM 

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:54 PM

Could someone answer a question I have about this laser treatment?
For the last 2 years or so, I have needed reading glasses, seeing and reading things at a distance isn't a problem at all.
I haven't been to an Optician, but through trial and error I have been using 1.5 reading glasses.
My eyes must be getting worse, because I'm becoming more dependant on my glasses.
So, 'if' I had laser treatment would that stop further deterioration in my eyesight or would I be likely to need further treatment in years to come?
I do realise a proper consultation is probably the only way to get a proper assessment.

#13 User is offline   Spike 

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:02 PM

had mine done about 4 yrs ago, best thing ever!

#14 User is offline   pumanurse 

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:05 PM

As you get older you get more long sighted hence your arms needing to get longer so you can read the paper.

Some people may still need to progress to reading glasses after having laser correction (as far as I remember from the pep talk I went to)
No Comment

#15 User is offline   hotrodspike 

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:16 PM

I was very short sighted, (needed glasses all of the time), but now, like you I can see perfectly well for distance. I still need to wear reading glasses (99p jobs will do) because as you get older your eyes lose their flexibility and after the age of 45ish the laser treatment will be a "best we can get them" job. This normally leaves you slightly long sighted (like you). I can't say about the treatment for long sightedness but I should think that the same applies (but in reverse). The best thing you can do is have a consultation with one of the laser companies. I can recommend Optimax, they were very professional and they do the majority of the treatments in this country. The aftercare is very good and I had (and have) no problems. Any more questions, just PM me.
BOK is our co-pilot.

#16 User is offline   DaveMM 

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:23 PM

Thanks for your replies.
I will probably continue with wearing my reading glasses for now, as it's not really what I consider a major problem!

#17 Guest_Miss Boss_*

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:21 PM

-i had my done at optical express in cardiff and the treatment was outstanding. it cost me £1300 per eye, (the advertised from £395 per eye is a bit of a joke). there are different levels of treatment available so price is dependent on that. mine was the highest level. it also depends on your prescription. i had a stigmatism too which they can correct. they do a very good deal also with finance to make it affordable to most.

Shayann, if u cant do drops then it wldnt b suitable as i have to put 3 drops in, 6 times a day!! also the procedure was very claustrophobic but given it was like 30 seconds per eye, it is do-able.

they say that cannot correct sight for reading as the problem for that stems infront of the cornea and it is actually the cornea they repair when they laser so this would not be possible. so although i can now see perectly at a distance i may still need reading glasses when i am older (at the mo my reading vision is superb).

i didnt really have a problem with wearing glasses, vanity wise but practically they annoyed me as they always went wonky lol, in the rain it would annoy me and contacts drove me mad!!

#18 User is offline   Midnight Blue 

• View gallery

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:45 PM

Brave girl!! Glad it went well.
Posted Image

I stole BenF's Thunder ...

Pat

#19 User is offline   Spike 

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:16 AM

there are also two different types of proceedure, one where tey cut your lens, and flap it up to expose teh eye for reshaping, and the other where they move the lens out of the way.

The 2nd is far more painful, but a bit safer, in post operation recovery.

I'll always remember the smell as the lazer reshapes the eye!

I;d still recommend it tho!

#20 User is offline   pumapilot 

• View gallery

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:49 PM

I had bilateral lens implants - last for life wheras laser treatment required again as you get older.
Posted Image
Signature block created by Colin Y (BOK) & here as my tribute to him
Print your own Pumapeople fliers by clicking here
PUMA GARAGE LIST LINK
Tremona Garage

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic