Pumapeople: Car Back From Mechanics - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Car Back From Mechanics Had it fully inspected.

#1 User is offline   jonrms 

• Group: Members

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:03 PM

Please note it is a Good friend who does know his stuff. He ripped my car to bits and was trying to find out as much as possible that might be wrong or was wrong.

I was worried about the brakes. He bleed them but didn't find anything really wrong, tiny bit of air, but he said that I am used to the Jag and the Focus and this is a whole different kettle of fish. He picked it up from my house and drove it and brought it back.... he was happy... And since then I drove it and cant really tell... ok its hard.

What he did find that shocked me and makes sense is a buckled front NS wheel. The car was pulling to the Left and still is... He suggests I get the alloy refurbished. He said it will probably cost me no more than 50 pounds locally. :rolleyes:/> Phew .

He put the brakes on the MOT tester and it passed with flying colours! As for the Door light warning. ARRRGH :angry:/> Engine running, lights on. Drivers door lights up the cabin and beeps. OK. Then checked the passanger side. It lights up but doesn't beep. Posted Image checked the Boot and it lights up no beeps. Bonnet is the last thing. I tried the other test about the bonnet pushing it 6+ times with the engine running for a beep and it never beeped. I want to BEEEEEEPPPPP ! I hate this light and its going to get sorted.

Priorty is to sort car out first with any problems like this before mods. Breath in.... breath out! PS it cost me a case of beer for his help today. so I cant complain.
Always finding the brighter side of life, its easy to complain but not many give out complements.

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:38 PM

There is a post about locating the door ajar light finding and fixing.
Many results in the search one of them hopefully will help.
http://www.pumapeopl...h&fromMainBar=1
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   jonrms 

Posted 05 November 2015 - 03:34 PM

I have read all the posts, And I have tried the methods.

The result is still light on.

The car Does NOT beep when I press the switch under the bonnet 6 times in quick succession.

The Drivers door beeps when I open it and the lights work when the engine is running and headlights are on.

The passangers door lights up when I open it.

The boot lights up when I open it.

I suspect its the Bonnet that is faulty? I am asking if anyone agrees or has any other suggestions before I buy a new one. Or if there is a way of testing just that switch. I see it runs on NEGATIVE not positive like most cars.

I have done my homework but I cant fix the problem. ???
Always finding the brighter side of life, its easy to complain but not many give out complements.

#4 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:30 PM

Don't need a new bonnet for a faulty bonnet switch as the switch in on the slam panel.

'You can either try to quickly open and close a door 6 times or you go for the easiest and push down the bonnet switch with your finger 6 times.'
'The easiest one to get to is the bonnet switch, just press on it several times. The others are in the doors so you will have to open and close one of the doors repeatedly within the given timeframe. Those switches near the door hinges are just for the door-ajar-light in the instrument cluster, the interior lamp and the lights-on-warning-beep.'
http://www.pumapeopl...=1

http://www.pumapeopl...15

http://www.pumapeopl...=1
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#5 User is offline   jonrms 

Posted 06 November 2015 - 09:03 AM

I meant bonnet switch... I know not to replace a full bonnet when there is a tiny switch just over the hinge of the front crash protector. I don't think it could be a door. I think its that switch UNDER the bonnet.

if it requires a ground can I not disconnect that switch to check and ground it down? Or rig up a tester switch (ie toggle or something) just to check if its that by disconnecting the switch UNDER the bonnet and connecting 2 wires to this?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic