Posted 16 May 2008 - 10:59 AM

Sorry to appear daft but how do I get a copy of
Ford Tech Service bulletin no. 025/2002

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 16 May 2008 - 12:41 PM

is it in here smile.gif
http://www.pumapeople.com/forum/index.php?...amp;s=&f=48
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   chippy 

• Group: Members

Posted 16 May 2008 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (happy-kat @ May 16 2008, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its the last one in the tsb list at the end but I cant open it

#4 User is offline   pumarv6 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 16 May 2008 - 12:46 PM

025/2002 is a Racing Puma specific TSB. Your profile says Thunder - are you sure this is the one you are after?

#5 User is offline   chippy 

Posted 16 May 2008 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE (pumarv6 @ May 16 2008, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
025/2002 is a Racing Puma specific TSB. Your profile says Thunder - are you sure this is the one you are after?

No i'm not sure at all. Just looking for anything that might be causing my engine problem. The mechanics cant find what the problem is and I am tied to that garage because of the warranty. Being female I think I am being taken for a ride.

#6 User is offline   pumarv6 

Posted 16 May 2008 - 01:11 PM

Sorry to read of the problems you are having Chippy. I doubt that 025/2002 would be connected to the problems you are having.

While it might mean spending a little cash, it might be worth taking it to another engineer for second opinion. It sounds like your seller is just trying to shirk responsibility and is steering round find out what might be the problem. If someone was able to identify an exact cause, then you could take that information back for him to act on.

Where are you located? A Pumaperson might be able to recommend a garage. smile.gif

#7 User is offline   chippy 

Posted 16 May 2008 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (pumarv6 @ May 16 2008, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry to read of the problems you are having Chippy. I doubt that 025/2002 would be connected to the problems you are having.

While it might mean spending a little cash, it might be worth taking it to another engineer for second opinion. It sounds like your seller is just trying to shirk responsibility and is steering round find out what might be the problem. If someone was able to identify an exact cause, then you could take that information back for him to act on.

Where are you located? A Pumaperson might be able to recommend a garage. smile.gif

Hi I am in Bexhill/Hastings East Sussex.

#8 User is offline   pumarv6 

Posted 16 May 2008 - 01:24 PM

Then you are in luck, as Tremona Garage are just down the coast from you. Lots of Pumapeople trust their cars to them and they have an excellent reputation.

#9 User is offline   chippy 

Posted 16 May 2008 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (pumarv6 @ May 16 2008, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then you are in luck, as Tremona Garage are just down the coast from you. Lots of Pumapeople trust their cars to them and they have an excellent reputation.

Thank you I will let you know how I get on. I have just spoken to the mechanic and he told me he cannot find anything wrong with the car even when driving it. I fail to see why. The dealer I bought it from allowed him half an hour to look at the car. They have said they are fitting a cam sensor?????? Does that mean anything to you?

#10 User is offline   pumarv6 

Posted 16 May 2008 - 01:35 PM

A cam shaft sensor fault might cause rough running. I'd be looking for someone to diagnose a specific fault, then propose a solution. It sounds like it has been a bit hit and miss so far.

#11 User is offline   chippy 

Posted 16 May 2008 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE (pumarv6 @ May 16 2008, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A cam shaft sensor fault might cause rough running. I'd be looking for someone to diagnose a specific fault, then propose a solution. It sounds like it has been a bit hit and miss so far.

The mechanic admits it is hit and miss but his hands are tied by the dealer. We will see later. Thank you so much for your response. I will let you know after the weekend.

#12 User is offline   pumarv6 

Posted 16 May 2008 - 01:44 PM

I know we all hate spending money unnecesarily, especially as your car should be "warranted", but it looks like Tremona might be your best bet to give you some hard and fast answers. Hopefully this won't ruin your Puma owning experience in the long run smile.gif

#13 User is offline   chippy 

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:01 AM

QUOTE (pumarv6 @ May 16 2008, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know we all hate spending money unnecesarily, especially as your car should be "warranted", but it looks like Tremona might be your best bet to give you some hard and fast answers. Hopefully this won't ruin your Puma owning experience in the long run smile.gif

Hi cam shaft sensor fitted. Car is running well the mechanic says it will correct my starting problems - I didnt know I had any, but he said when they tried it wouldnt start so thats one good thing I suppose. As for the hiccupping, not much different.

Any other ideas on a puma garage, unfortunately the one you recommended is about 3 hours drive away from me.

On a good note, I still love my puma, hate the dealer and he is not going to get away with it. I thought I would follow your advice and get a report from another garage first. Also he has told me that he didnt service the car only did an oil change and gave me the invoice from the garage who did it to prove it. What he didnt think about was that his partner stamped my service history book saying they had done a full service. So trading standards here I come. Dont think I have anything to lose now, it looks like I will end up paying for the repair anyway.

I cant send the car back because he has to accept it and from the day I decide to return it I have to legally stop driving it, which will leave me with a long legal battle and no car to drive in the meantime.

Anyway sorry to go on, hopefully you could recommend another garage. Or another thought, just to put my mind at rest, is maybe there is a puma owner local to me who has a 1.7 who is happy with it. Perhaps they could drive mine to see whether I am being paranoid. The mechanic thinks it is me not the car and says there is nothing wrong with the way it drives.

Thank you

#14 User is offline   chippy 

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:11 AM

Apologies. Somehow I have got two posts running at the same time.
Sorry

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic