Pumapeople: Clutch Stuck When Driving - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Clutch Stuck When Driving

#1 User is offline   ACE 

• Group: Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:39 PM

So I was going for a ride and started in 1. - 2. - 3. and I slowed down for a turn, stepped on the clutch-pedal and braked... the car slowly died..

As i lift my foot I notice that the clutch-pedal stays in the pressed 'in position.

I tap the pedal a few times and it springs back to normal lifted position, I then step on the clutch-pedal, start the car, and shift it into 1 which results in a BOM and the car is "choked" again... lift my foot and the clutch is stuck again.

So after a bit of tapping the clutch i manage to get the car moving and notice that all the clutch "action" is concentrated around the area where the clutch-pedal is almost pressed all the way down..

I drive for a little while then stop for a couple of minutes and turn the car off..

On my drive home again the clutch feels normal...

Please help.. Really really frustrated!?

Best Regards Lasse D

Edit: It's a Puma 1997 1.7.

This post has been edited by ACE: 16 November 2009 - 08:50 PM

#2 User is offline   fordboi 

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:26 AM

Clutch pedal sticking down sounds like the clutch master cylinder is about finished. However, first, check your brake fluid level. If it has fallen below the minimum, chances are you have drawn some air into the system. This is where I'd start. Also, have a look underneath the car and check there is no fluid leaking from the bell housing. If there is, this would indicated slave cylinder failure.

#3 Guest_puma33_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 November 2009 - 09:43 AM

hi, I think like fordboi. I wishe you it is only air in brakefluid

#4 User is offline   Centrino 

Posted 27 November 2009 - 12:50 PM

Sounds like a problem i suffered from. Pedal would go to the floor, so bled the system pedal ok.
Then after about 4-5 pumps of the pedal it would go down to the floor again. No loss of fluid, no air in the fluid.
It turned out to be the master cylinder. £42 from Ford dealer. About an hour to fit and all fixed.

Centrino

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic