• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Race Car Photos Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Fledge 

• Group: Members

Posted 31 July 2010 - 02:50 PM

I thought it was about time I put some pictures up of my race car. The car as a few rough edges that will be sorted for next season as Decided to use this year as a development year. Future plans include new engine, gearbox, diff, driveshafts still running the standard 90,000 mile engine and gearbox. Better brakes probally wilwoods, more weight saving and respray the interior and engine bay going to leave the exterior alone but going have some decals put on.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Fledge: 31 July 2010 - 02:53 PM

There are only two sports racing and bull fighting, the rest are just games

#2 User is offline   luke 

Posted 31 July 2010 - 03:18 PM

lookin good mate. are those 280mm brakes?
how much weight have you managed to strip out do you know?

#3 User is offline   Fledge 

Posted 31 July 2010 - 03:29 PM

View Postluke, on 31 July 2010 - 03:18 PM, said:

lookin good mate. are those 280mm brakes?
how much weight have you managed to strip out do you know?

Yes they are 280mm with big ducting and currently on EBC yellow with no fade problems in a 40 minute race and the car weighs about 850 kilos

#4 User is offline   formulastuart 

Posted 31 July 2010 - 06:26 PM

Hi,

I love the puma race car. What series do you run in? Would love to find out and research the reg's as I am converting my Puma to race spec right now. I have posted lots before and keen to find an eligible series to run too! Hope you can let me know asap.

Thanks Stuart

#5 User is offline   Tyeboi 

Posted 31 July 2010 - 07:58 PM

oh yeah! that thing is awesome! raw puma power!
Posted Image
Now being broken. Please check the for sale thread.

#6 User is offline   SPARTAN196 

Posted 31 July 2010 - 08:13 PM

Very impressive..... and very jealous!

Posted Image

#7 User is offline   volcomstone411 

Posted 31 July 2010 - 08:45 PM

love the rose jointed track rod ends....

are they rose jointed lower arm's too?
Posted Image
All stuff puma - puma technical & all things rebuilt...
See my website for Snow School Information

#8 User is offline   Fledge 

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:36 PM

View Postformulastuart, on 31 July 2010 - 06:26 PM, said:

Hi,

I love the puma race car. What series do you run in? Would love to find out and research the reg's as I am converting my Puma to race spec right now. I have posted lots before and keen to find an eligible series to run too! Hope you can let me know asap.

Thanks Stuart

I run in the classic sports car club Tin Tops which is 40 minute 1 or 2 driver pit stop race. A great series which is very friendly and very srict on driver conduct. Also they organise trips to world circuits Nurburgring,Spa,Daytona and this year our first ever night race has just been organised at Donington which should be fun. Check out there website for the race dates and regs and if you fancy coming along to check it out I should be able to sort some tickets out for you. Would be good to have some more pumas out and you dont have to have big power to have fun I am running a totally standard engine and box and finish between 10th and 13th beating some more powerful cars which always feels good. The website is www.classicsportscarclub.co.uk/

#9 User is offline   Fledge 

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:46 PM

View Postvolcomstone411, on 31 July 2010 - 08:45 PM, said:

love the rose jointed track rod ends....

are they rose jointed lower arm's too?

They took some work but are well worth it to get rid of bump steer the car handles superb no understeer issues for me. The lower arms our standard with powerflex bushes and they work fine I like to think there is a bit of rubber absorbing the bumps when you ride a kerb a bit to much.

#10 User is offline   lisafrp 

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:32 AM

Looking good :) You have given us some great ideas for ours when its built ;)

We currently run in the CSCC Tin Tops in our XR2i alongside Mark. We'll hopefully be out in a 1.6 puma next season if we can find a base car. If you come and race too Stuart then there will be 3 in the series :)

The series is really great fun, and very friendly too. They are really hot on contact which is great after racing in 750mc Stock Hatch last year!

We have competed at some fantastic circuits so far this year:

Snetterton
Brands Hatch
Anglesey
Oulton Park
Spa Francorchamps (fantastic :))
Cadwell Park

and still have some great races to come:
Silverstone
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit supporting International GT Open and F3
Donington Night Race

Mark has had some fantastic results in this car in fairly standard form, I can't wait to see what he'll do with the 1600 he's got ready to bolt in. I'm sure he'll show those Honda's what its all about!! :)

Keep up the good work Mark, see you at Silverstone
Lisa
Racing Puma Owners Club
www.rpoc.co.uk

#11 User is offline   Pat_T 

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:51 PM

oooh very nice! :good:

how much for the Perspex rear window? Where from? And how many kgs did it save? :)
1.7L. ST150 clutch. Shawspeed lightened flywheel. Miltek exhaust manifold & full decat system. Pipercross foam cone filter. Speedline white 17" wheels. Toyo R888s. Weitec coilovers.
Powerflex rear beam bushes. Willwood 4-pots, 280mm dics & HEL braided hoses. Kenwood headunit. OMP: rear strut brace. Oddessy Racing 40 battery.
Corbeau Clubman seats. LUKE harnesses. FRP rear seats. Carbon fibre interior. FRP splitter.
Ultimate green. ~990kg...PROJECT THREAD

#12 User is offline   Fledge 

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:37 PM

View PostPat_T, on 02 August 2010 - 02:51 PM, said:

oooh very nice! :good:

how much for the Perspex rear window? Where from? And how many kgs did it save? :)

Hi, did it my self using 3mm perspex then painted the back of it like the original. It weighs half the weight of the original but I would only recomend it for race use as it warps when warm and scratches really easily. Cost me about £30 for the perspex

#13 User is offline   formulastuart 

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:32 AM

Thanks for the comments people. I think the next stage for me is to come and see a meeting and see how it all works with the car and championship. If you have to use standard engine and and gearbox I may have some issues as I have already ordered non standard parts. I have a milltek manifold, racing puma ecu and just about to order racing puma cams! Technically these are standard ford parts from the same model so I would be interested to see if they are legal. I do have a modified induction system but I could retain the standard one I suppose to keep best to the rules! I have the fia kit already in like rollcage, seat and belts all fia approved! Would just need fire extinguisher and race suit.

I will email the championship eligibility person and see what they say. I like the principles of 40mins race and novice drivers in like cars.

Your calendar doesn't mention Mallory at the end of August! Are you not going there? I want to come to that one as its not that far and its the earliest one!

Thanks Stuart

#14 User is offline   lisafrp 

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:26 PM

View Postformulastuart, on 03 August 2010 - 06:32 AM, said:

If you have to use standard engine and and gearbox I may have some issues as I have already ordered non standard parts.

Your calendar doesn't mention Mallory at the end of August! Are you not going there? I want to come to that one as its not that far and its the earliest one!

Thanks Stuart

It just has to be standard block and standard gearbox casing, the rest you can do what you want, apart from fitting turbo/supercharger (induction system) and sequential gearbox - you can have a full blown race engine if you want to spend loads of money. I believe there are some ex touring cars running too.

CSCC Tin Tops Regs
"This Series is for Saloon/Hatchback Cars, under 2 litres, 4 cylinder (non turbo/supercharged, except diesel). Original silhouette to
be retained. Original engine, gearbox, and induction system type to be retained. No sequential gearboxes under any
circumstances. Cars must run on MSA list 1A/1B treaded tyres"

Not much to the regs compared to other series/championships that are pages and pages long!

We're not racing at Mallory as it clashes with a Sprint in the Turbo Puma, and seeing as we are 9th (Toby) and 12th in the ASWMC Sprint Championship at the moment it would be silly to miss it! :) Silverstone is less than a week later if you can make it to that instead?
Lisa
Racing Puma Owners Club
www.rpoc.co.uk

#15 User is offline   Fledge 

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:06 PM

I wont be doing Mallory also but you could still go and talk to the series organisers and get a feel for the series. Most people are very friendly and love the fact that someone has taken the time to ask about there cars. I will be at Silverstone so you are more than welcome to come along to that one just let me know and I will sort some tickets out for you.

#16 User is offline   formulastuart 

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:32 PM

Cool, I will do some more investigation and look into the series. I will try and get to Silverstone. I maybe at another meeting. I will have to check!

Thanks for the info everyone!

#17 User is offline   Turby 

• View gallery
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:43 AM

View Postformulastuart, on 03 August 2010 - 06:32 AM, said:

Thanks for the comments people. I think the next stage for me is to come and see a meeting and see how it all works with the car and championship. If you have to use standard engine and and gearbox I may have some issues as I have already ordered non standard parts. I have a milltek manifold, racing puma ecu and just about to order racing puma cams! Technically these are standard ford parts from the same model so I would be interested to see if they are legal. I do have a modified induction system but I could retain the standard one I suppose to keep best to the rules! I have the fia kit already in like rollcage, seat and belts all fia approved! Would just need fire extinguisher and race suit.

You will also need to have a MSA Race License as well ie pass the ARDS test.

Hot sure how much you know already but as well as fire ext and race suit you will also need a helmet, battery cut off switch (internal and external) and a breather bottle - the blue book you get when you get a race license covers all the technical rules.
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope - 1709)
Stop being spoon fed and GOOGLE it!

#18 User is offline   formulastuart 

Posted 01 September 2010 - 06:21 AM

Hi Fledge,

Does you offer of tickets for Saturday still stand? I am planning on coming over to Silverstone to see the series and organisation.

Thanks Stuart

#19 User is offline   Fledge 

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:21 PM

View Postformulastuart, on 01 September 2010 - 06:21 AM, said:

Hi Fledge,

Does you offer of tickets for Saturday still stand? I am planning on coming over to Silverstone to see the series and organisation.

Thanks Stuart

yeah the offer is still there, Give me a ring tomorrow so I can send you a ticket.

This post has been edited by Fledge: 05 September 2010 - 03:21 PM

#20 User is offline   formulastuart 

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:41 PM

Hey,

I have you number now. Maybe an idea to remove it from the forum so you don't get random'ers ring you up! I will call you lunchtime tomorrow.

Thanks Stuart

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic