Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Drivers Side Electric Window Switch Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   PumaPete 

• Group: Members

Posted 19 January 2008 - 01:58 PM

Hi,

my drivers side electric window isn't working. The switch isn't illuminating so think it's the switch or the wiring to the switch. Do I have to take the whole door inner off or does the silver inlay just pop out somehow. Either way how do I do it?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Pete wacko.gif

#2 User is offline   Dan 

• View gallery

Posted 19 January 2008 - 02:47 PM

It is possible to put a very tiny screwdriver down the side of the switch and prise it out (it might take a couple of attempts and the actual switch bit might pop off first). The silver bit does not remove from the door card so don't try to remove that.

#3 User is offline   PumaPete 

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:37 PM

Cheers, I'll give that a whirl then swop the switches over to test it.

Pete

This post has been edited by PumaPete: 21 January 2008 - 10:39 PM

#4 User is offline   southpaw 

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:15 PM

Mine was being tempremental, only working some of the time etc, and generally stopping working completely when the window was down and it was starting to rain.... I took the switch out of the door by using a jewellers screw driver (i.e. a tiny flat headed screw driver), prising it up from the front of the switch. Takes a little time to do carefully but it comes out easily enough. Then I unclipped the connector at the bottom of the switch, and on mine one of the little contacts which the pins on the switch goes into was bent back a little. I just used the little screw driver to bend it back towards where the pin goes and hey presto, one working switch smile.gif

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic