Pumapeople: Dreamscience Prototype From Pumabuild - Pumapeople

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dreamscience Prototype From Pumabuild

#1 User is offline   becko 

• Group: Members

Posted 04 February 2008 - 10:52 PM

right long story so ill start here had my car booked in at Pumabuild on saturday for the £200 chip for my 1.7 puma but when i got there alan offered me an untested dreamscience map that he had created at a discount if i would let him test it on the car, he said if it didnt work he would just put the £200 chip on so i agreed (had nothing to loose!) put the map on took her for a spin, worked very well 1st gear pulled better, the car ran smoother, but i was a little disappointed perhaps expected to much from a chip. so got back to Pumabuild and told alan and he went out of his way for me, and made another map (race+) downloaded it, took it out for a spin, went a hell of alot better (i had a big grin on my face anyway) so paid him and went on my way home to leicester, noticed that the red light next to the clock was flashing but then it stopped after a few minutes so didnt think anything of it, stopped off at the services locked the car, came back tried to start the car and nothing would even turn over and the red light next to the clock was on. rang alan and he got me to take of the map off and return it to stock so i did and still nothing then he told me to get the AA to tow me back to his garage where he was very helpful plugged the car in and it was an immoboliser falt i beleive that hed never seen before, the car said that there was only 1 key registered to the immoboliser engaged and would not let the car start i think??, so he made another key, registered it and the car started fine. but after all that i couldnt be arsed to put the map on so drove home all fine. put the map on at home the next day and tried to start the car and nothing and i thought poo not this again but returned it to stock and it started this time fine with the ecu set to standard. so i beleive its the map from the dreamscience that is at falt, rang alan up today and hes going to get in touch with the dreamscience makers in america to hopefully solve the starting problem other wise ill be getting my money back. i would like to keep the chip if he can fix it though because it really did improve performance very aggressively and other than the fact the car dont start LOL i was very happy with it. so i will let you know how i get on and hope fully sort out the problem.

#2 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 04 February 2008 - 11:01 PM

Seems a strange one sad.gif I've had Dream Science for over a year now I'm pleased to say without any starting probems. smile.gif Hope yours gets sorted soon. biggrin.gif
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   mark_f1 

Posted 05 February 2008 - 03:08 PM

Gutting, i'm looking at getting dreamscience too in a few month once i've got some essentials out of the way. Can't they just reprogramme the key to the car with the map?

#4 User is offline   becko 

Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:46 PM

i dont know theyve contacted the dreamscience people in america and im waiting for a reply,
just for reference the error codes or DTC codes when the map is installed are p1000 Monitor and B1213 if that means anything to any one????

#5 User is offline   MattC 

Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:51 PM

P1000 is just to show a Ford dealer that the ECU has been tampered with, dont know about the other code though

#6 User is offline   mark_f1 

Posted 06 February 2008 - 06:15 PM

Not a clue, but would like to see what power it makes once sorted. Got a vague figure in my head that im after.

#7 User is offline   becko 

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:08 AM

spoke to alan and hes updated the map with the corrections from the dreamscience guys in america, so i think im going to pop down on saturday to have the car and the handset reflashed with the new map. i was quizing alan last week on power figures but he was very vague, if i get on alrite on saturday ill be having it rolling roaded in a few weeks and ill post the results. dragged my g/f there last time and took her out in the car and she thought it felt a hell of alot faster, because i know when its your car you sometimes you tend to look for results that arent there!!! i just have a piper cat back exhaust and a K+N and the power differences were negligiable but with the dreamscience the car roared and seemed to accelerate alot more aggressively but ill have to test it more when shes working properly.

#8 User is offline   mark_f1 

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:32 AM

Well im wanting 160 using 97ron at a min,and i think it's quite a conservative figure, but have seen chipped and mapped frp's that barely make 2bhp more.

#9 User is offline   volcomstone411 

Posted 12 February 2008 - 05:56 PM

been using dreamscience for quite some time now. I woulda thaught he would bump up the fueling a tad, specially high end where ford lean it off. And derestrict all the gears. And also advance the spark to its maximum.

I had same problem with my dreamscience, and now ive had to remove the PATS on the ecu, but the PATS systems still work. Its just that the ecu wont be able to bring it up as a fault code should pats go wrong. But rare anyway so im not too fussed.

he can also use the original ron files to compare, and make changes to your car if you want to use high grade fuels.
Posted Image
All stuff puma - puma technical & all things rebuilt...
See my website for Snow School Information

#10 User is offline   Turby 

• View gallery
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 12 February 2008 - 08:12 PM

so many mappers make the mistake of running rich at the high end - its not needed and simply wastes fuel. An engine is making has its best VE at peak torque (ie wants most fuel) then as torque drops off so does the requirement for fuel apart from the bit extra for cooling purposes on a turbo engine...
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope - 1709)
Stop being spoon fed and GOOGLE it!

#11 User is offline   volcomstone411 

Posted 12 February 2008 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (Turby @ Feb 12 2008, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so many mappers make the mistake of running rich at the high end - its not needed and simply wastes fuel. An engine is making has its best VE at peak torque (ie wants most fuel) then as torque drops off so does the requirement for fuel apart from the bit extra for cooling purposes on a turbo engine...

so ture, ive had it on the dyno and showed that it just doesnt do anything fueling high at top end. Infact we leaned it of 1-2%. If its too rich top end, ive found that it induces a large flat area, and its a struggle to hit the limiter.
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   becko 

Posted 16 February 2008 - 11:53 AM

right finally got the dreamscience sorted, only took 3 visits, bout 10 phone calls and a fair few emails!! think the dreamscience boys modified the map settings so the imoboliser doesnt cut in but iv only got the one map now because he didnt modify the race map sad.gif but spose the race+ one will have to do! i think he derestricted the torque limiter on all gears and mapped it for optimax ron fuel because i didnt have optimax in her this time and she didnt feel quite as responsive but overall very happy with her 1st gear feels like it should! and the car runs smoother along the rev range and pulls harder, havent had a chance to really test her yet tho. just installing that live logger now something else to play with!

#13 User is offline   scottrennie14 

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:22 PM

how much did this all cost if u dont mind me asking, and has anyone had it rolling roaded yet

cheers

#14 User is offline   becko 

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:28 PM

it was £350, and no i havent keep meaning to, but im in the process of sorting out an exhaust manifold and decat so waiting to sort that out before i rolling road it, at an absolute gues id say around 10bhp, car pulls alot stronger from lower down and right up to 7k rpm doin just short of 70mph in second! i like it because theres a certain amount of adjustment and you can take it off when you want, but to be honest i dont think you theres a hell of alot of difference between it and the frp remap.

#15 User is offline   volcomstone411 

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:46 PM

i know exactly what the problem is cos ive had it, and im pretty sure i know what he would of done too tongue.gif

The imob issue is cos he is trying to upload the wrong processor map as the puma has a few, AXPDC, AXPDA.....

I had TAPE ECU using AXPDA, and tried to upload AXPDC and it didnt work. S i had to have dreamscience send me a new map for MUFF. All good. Then again it wasnt starting from time to time. And he will need to goto system switches and put PATS alternate switch off. and also the P1206 code in misc.

Finally, the most power has been extracted from the puma by putting the borderline knock spark upto Maximum allowed spark. Will make the car not perfect when its cold, but miles miles better when it reaches optimum environment.

Also take of the torque limiters in 1st gear.

Also with vct the BKnock table can be replaced with MAllowedspark.

Hope this helps.

My car, but could just be my car, benefits from a maf ad counts check and recalibration of the maf transferre function to get fueling spot on.
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   scottrennie14 

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:07 AM

so can is this map for a standard puma engine, i have the frp map but the torgue restictor is still there and i hate it, makes the car seem so much slower, and i really want an extra 10 bhp then i will be happy, do u think it will help me very much

#17 User is offline   becko 

Posted 15 April 2008 - 03:35 PM

the dreamscience statagem race plus map which is the one iv got totally removes the torque limiter, but i thought the frp map got rid of the torque limiter aswell?? you want to email alan from Pumabuild and he will make you a custom map based around what you want, but i think youd be pretty happy with the map i have as the car is definately more torquey low down and you can feel the extra power especially at high revs

#18 User is offline   becko 

Posted 15 April 2008 - 03:47 PM

volcomstone been trying to use the data capture on the dreamscience and then load it on the laptop, but cant get it to load the vehicle data, have you ever had this problem? bearing in mind i havent got the full tuner package thanks

#19 User is offline   volcomstone411 

Posted 15 April 2008 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE (becko @ Apr 15 2008, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
volcomstone been trying to use the data capture on the dreamscience and then load it on the laptop, but cant get it to load the vehicle data, have you ever had this problem? bearing in mind i havent got the full tuner package thanks

no, mines been fine. I can help you through it if you give me a bell, im out for an hour, but when i get back ill ring you if you reply you mobile number and get livelink ready to go outside with your car ill guide you through it.
Posted Image

#20 User is offline   becko 

Posted 16 April 2008 - 01:11 PM

took the dreamscience off the car at the mo while shes in for a service but ill PM you wen i get round to putting it back on the car thanks

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic