Pumapeople: Rallye Style Mud Flaps - Pumapeople

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rallye Style Mud Flaps

#1 User is offline   nebbz 

• Group: Members

Posted 09 January 2007 - 10:16 AM

Just so i know where to get them in march, where can you get them either red/blue prefureably sparko ones to go with the seats and that? not botherd on price just want them to work?
its a puma thing!

two cars down lmao! no one buy a 1991 shape 3 series! they crumble....sooo close yet so far from owning another puma! its doing my head in!!!!!

#2 User is offline   Leighton 

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:00 AM

Most places sell the universal sparco flaps. Try rallynuts or even ebay have the odd pair on there from time to time biggrin.gif

#3 User is offline   quickmotor 

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:34 AM

you can also get them from your local Halfords
IPB Image

#4 User is offline   nebbz 

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:40 AM

dought ide get them out of my local! haha its so small!!

also save making another thread!

what oil is best for the frp?? asked my other half whos quite reliable on that kinda thing but on this occasion aint loL!???

will have a look around them areas for the flaps!
its a puma thing!

two cars down lmao! no one buy a 1991 shape 3 series! they crumble....sooo close yet so far from owning another puma! its doing my head in!!!!!

#5 Guest_XIIVVX_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:48 AM

QUOTE (nebbz @ Jan 9 2007, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what oil is best for the frp??

Look Here

#6 User is offline   nebbz 

Posted 09 January 2007 - 12:22 PM

ahh thats brilliant thanks guys smile.gif
its a puma thing!

#7 User is offline   pumapilot 

• View gallery

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:03 PM

Happy-Kat has RED mudflaps on her FRP
Posted Image
Signature block created by Colin Y (BOK) & here as my tribute to him
Print your own Pumapeople fliers by clicking here
PUMA GARAGE LIST LINK
Tremona Garage

#8 User is offline   nebbz 

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:12 PM

always liked the blue...white would be difrent and found them on rallynuts so ill be getting them there! few colours to choose from but liking the blue, fave colour when it comes to cars smile.gif
its a puma thing!

#9 User is offline   eldoodarino 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 09 January 2007 - 08:51 PM

These are my personal preference... cool.gif my own custom made ones in Imperial Blue....

I may make a a few more sets in the spring if iv'e got plenty of time on my hands...

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Chris
Wizards Of Nos 60hp progressive delivery.... yeah baby yeah :-o
Denso Iridium Plugs
Helix Clutch
Mobil 1

#10 User is online   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 09 January 2007 - 09:17 PM

personally the blue Sparco ones (not Chris's above) are a very poor washed out blue that look mediocre on the FRP.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#11 User is offline   eldoodarino 

Posted 09 January 2007 - 10:43 PM

i agree... they look pants!

are cannon bodygaurds still available.... they're certinly the best 'off the shelve' flaps for FRP.... they don't cover the full width of 215's all that well but they're pretty good for the money..

smile.gif
Denso Iridium Plugs
Helix Clutch
Mobil 1

#12 User is offline   nebbz 

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:33 AM

hmm if they look pants i dont want them! i just want some that look ok but do a rely good job at what they do, price is no issue to me u pay for what you get most of the time with cars!
its a puma thing!

#13 User is offline   eldoodarino 

Posted 10 January 2007 - 06:27 PM

ok, if price is no issue ... i still have one spare set in the garage you can have for £200.... Bargain!... woot2.gif

sold!

smile.gif
Denso Iridium Plugs
Helix Clutch
Mobil 1

#14 User is offline   M100FRP 

Posted 10 January 2007 - 07:24 PM

The sparco mud flaps are rubbish. I had them on when i first got my frp and anything above 40mph and they were up against the sills, so not really doing there job. Plus the blue you get them in doesnt suit the frps colour.

I have a spare set of cannon mud flaps in my garage that i dont need. There not quite rally style, but they fit the frps front arches perfectly, best to set them as low as you can, Vaspetrol has them fitted spot on.

I ended up buying a 1metre sheet of 5mm thick mud flap material in black from prodrive, its what they use on the wrc's. It cost me a whopping £200 wacko.gif but it was proper stuff!
That was brilliant, hardly moved about even at high speed, and so was constantly protecting that precious rear quarter paint. I still have enough to make 4 big mud flaps if anyone is interested smile.gif

This post has been edited by M100FRP: 10 January 2007 - 11:10 PM

M100 FRP (MY FRP)
Is there ever going to be a month when i dont spend money on my FRP....yes because ive sold it....damn!!!!!
Ex frp354 but now got a 106xsi 16v as a project and loving it.

#15 User is offline   eldoodarino 

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:39 PM

£200... bloody hell.... was only joking lol....

my custom ones are actually 2 set s of flaps moulded together with epoxy.... before priming/ painting etc... so they are pretty sturdy.... they would buckle if forced on a speed bump/ kerb etc.. but ok when driving around...

smile.gif
Denso Iridium Plugs
Helix Clutch
Mobil 1

#16 User is online   happy-kat 

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:11 PM

Rally supplies in Barry do a square of that materinal in a variety of colours (red, blue, black, yellow etc.) 5mm thick for £7.50 a sheet (1 sheet would make 1 mud flap) back in 2004 at Castle Combe Rally Day.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#17 User is offline   nebbz 

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:54 PM

how do you fit them then can you do it your self or is it advisable to get it done professionally? im thinking black or white
its a puma thing!

#18 User is online   happy-kat 

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:56 PM

some have drilled the arch blink.gif
DIY is possible just got to get fixings that work and do not mean you need to drill the arch.

#19 User is offline   M100FRP 

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:27 PM

my custom ones are actually 2 set s of flaps moulded together with epoxy.... before priming/ painting etc... so they are pretty sturdy.... they would buckle if forced on a speed bump/ kerb etc.. but ok when driving around...

smile.gif
[/quote]

Your custom flaps look good, i bet they take a while to do as well dont they?

The material i got of prodrive is like rubber, it meant for gravel spec rally cars so as can imagine its pretty heavy duty. They get it made by a company called KAYLAN i think it is. Bassically there bloody expensive mud flaps lol wink.gif

M100 FRP (MY FRP)
Is there ever going to be a month when i dont spend money on my FRP....yes because ive sold it....damn!!!!!
Ex frp354 but now got a 106xsi 16v as a project and loving it.

#20 User is offline   V4FRP 

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:45 PM

Eldood I like your flaps they look great SO how do you paint them and prevent the Imp Blue paint cracking I presume the original material is a rubber type??

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic