Pumapeople: 15 June 2003 Dunton in the Park:CANCELLED! - Pumapeople

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

15 June 2003 Dunton in the Park:CANCELLED!

#21 User is offline   Pumpkin 

• Group: Members

Posted 30 April 2003 - 01:58 PM

AFTERNOON PUMAPEOPLE smile.gif

THIS EMAIL, AS PROMISED, IS TO LET YOU KNOW THE OUTCOME OF WHETHER WE WILL BE ATTENDING DUNTON IN THE PARK TO CELEBRATE THE FORD CENTENNIAL CELEBRATIONS ON SUNDAY 15 JUNE 2003.

I HAD A RESPONSE FROM THE ORGANISERS BACK END OF LAST WEEK AND THEY ONLY REQUIRE 4 PUMAS FROM THE CLUB - 2 STANDARD AND 2 RACING. WAS A BIT GUTTED, BUT THERE YOU GO AND CAN APPRECIATE THEIR REASONS WHY THE NUMBERS ARE LIMITED. I KNEW THEY WOULD BE, BUT NOT BY THIS MUCH!!! :cry:

I THEREFORE HAD TO MAKE AN EXECUTIVE DECISION AS TO WHETHER I PICK 4 PEOPLE TO GO AND DISSAPPOINT EVERYONE ELSE, OR NONE OF US GO AND I SHIFT THE MEET TO SATURDAY 14TH AND WE ALL DO SOMETHING TOGETHER. THE LATTER IS WHAT I HAVE DECIDED TO DO.

THE NOTE FROM THE ORGANISER WAS AS FOLLOWS.

Yvonne,

I have been given your details as a contact for Puma vehicles. The Centennial event is a celebration of all the Ford vehicles produced in the last 100 years and that alone generates quite a lot of vehicles.

I would require a few Pumas to compliment the Coupe range that Ford produced and so I would require:

2 off Racing Pumas
2 off Standard Pumas

Entry to the event is ticket only and the public car parks will be for Ford employees attending the event. This doesn't allow owners clubs setting up their own displays. I'm sorry if this does not meet with your expectations.

The aim of the vehicle display is to show the general public the number of vehicles that Ford of made during their 100 years. I appreciate that the Ford Puma is a great car and has shown to the public what Ford can do in terms of design and quality but it is only 1 example.

If I was to tell every owners club that we are in contact with to turn in force then it will end up a logistical disaster and that is why we are being selective.

Due to the diverse number of vehicles we can place Yvonne and her people on a reserve list should we be let down and contact her nearer the event.

I'm sorry for the disappointment to our Puma owners.

I APOLOGISE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE THIS MAY CAUSE SOME OF YOU, BUT HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND THE REASONS BEHIND MY DECISION FOR US TO PULL OUT. AS IT IS, I ALREADY HAVE 18 PUMAS WHO WANTED TO ATTEND THE CENTENNIAL CELEBRATIONS AND TO PICK JUST 4 HARDLY SEEMED FAIR. ALSO I AM AWARE THAT THE FRP OWNERS ARE IN BOREHAM (I THINK) ON THE FRIDAY AT AN EVENT AND KNEW, FROM LISA'S EMAILS TOO THAT SATURDAY WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER FOR YOU ALL TO HAVE POSSIBLY JOINED US. ALSO, I GUESS THE SUNDAY IS NOT ALL THAT CONVENIENT AS IT IS ALSO FATHER'S DAY :wink:

SO THIS MEET IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED AND I WILL NOW SET UP ANOTHER ONE UNDER THE HEADING BIG SX MEET 3 - FORD CENTENNIAL CELEBRATIONS. THE DAY AND ACTIVITIES WILL BE POSTED TO THE NEW MEET WHICH I WILL CREATE IN A MO. PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE ALREADY SIGNED UP (AND WHO I WILL LIST ON THE NEW MEET PAGE SO YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE 8) ). IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO ATTEND, PLEASE LET ME KNOW, BUT TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT THE PLAN IS FIRST AS YOU MAY WELL FANCY IT 8)

THANKS.

V & SEV smile.gif
SX MEET ORGANISER

#22 User is offline   stevethefox 

• Group: Members

Posted 30 April 2003 - 05:37 PM

I've just joined the club and would love to meet up with other Puma enthusiasts! I'l pop to Basildon on the 14th to say hello and most probably fall in love with all the FRP's!!!!
Got the 1.7 at the mo, but planning to have one by the end of the year ja_cool.gif
Hope to see you soon

Steve

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic