Pumapeople: 5th April 2003 - Big Essex Meet 2 LUNCH & BOWLING - Pumapeople

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5th April 2003 - Big Essex Meet 2 LUNCH & BOWLING

#41 User is offline   sky 

• Group: Members

Posted 06 April 2003 - 11:00 AM

Why don't you all just upload the pics to the Album here: http://www.pumapeople.com/album_cat.php?cat_id=11

instead of putting pics here there and everywhere?

Hmmm :?
Jason Aspinall, Original site creator, since '98
http://www.chilledatthebottom.com
http://www.chilled35.com
Mmm, clicky :)

#42 User is offline   kevt 

Posted 06 April 2003 - 11:49 AM

V what a great day yet again well done. Good to see some old faces again and the new. Is that Chris's real larf or has he a machine up his shirt laugh.gif Mind you I didn't hear him larf in the Bungeeeee :oops:

C u all soon
kevt
millie 561

#43 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 06 April 2003 - 12:04 PM

Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

No Kevin, I can assure you it's my real laugh! laugh.gif

Mmmm, your right. Scott and I did go a bit quiet before we were launched skyward! :wink: It's a good job I didn't take advantage of the chocolate cake that was on offer at the pub! tongue.gif Sadly. I was already full of cheese!! :wink:
Posted Image

#44 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 06 April 2003 - 12:35 PM

Ooops, Naughty me! :oops:

I forgot to give out a big thanks to V for organising another excellent meet, and thanks to all the others who came along yesterday. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Highlights. The Monty Python-style pub lunch biggrin.gif . (Remember the 'Spam' sketch? Substitute 'spam' for 'cheese' and you will get some idea of what was on the menu! laugh.gif ) Also that waitress was a little scary sad.gif Well done Kev for eating up that Choc Pudding. You saved us from a 'severe' fate!! :wink:

The bowling was great fun. biggrin.gif With an excellent performance from myself in the first game. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Sadly, my 'focus' was distrupted by Scott. :evil: laugh.gif Despite this distraction, I still came second in my group. 'Back of the net!!', as Alan Partridge might say. biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Then came a session of dancing and racing. biggrin.gif Superb fun was had during the 'motor racing' :cry: Two wins for me, but many more laughs during the race. laugh.gif The dancing machine gave us another opportunity to strut our stuff. biggrin.gif Talk about 'Murder on the Dancefloor', we just murdered the dancefloor!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

In order to get my own back on Scott due to the bowling incident. tongue.gif We both decided to head off to the bungee machine. What an thrilling experience, combined with some great views of the Essex coutryside. It was just a shame that most of them were upside-down! laugh.gif :wink:

Later on at the Lodge pub, the evening ended with a pleasant chat and a drink or two. As in true PP tradition, the tone of the conversation was soon lowered to a more 'blue' level. :oops: Sorry V! I hope we did'nt embarass Denise or yourself with our suspect comments! :wink: I'll blame Kev and Phil, they led me astray m'lud. biggrin.gif :wink:

All-in-all, another excellent meet. Well done V on getting it sorted! biggrin.gif I can't wait for the next one!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Posted Image

#45 User is offline   puma_driver 

Posted 06 April 2003 - 03:13 PM

Well.....t'was my first Essex meet and will I be returning for another? Of course I will laugh.gif

Was an excellent meet! I did my usual trick of turning up half way through the meet (how does it always happen to me??? :roll: ) but was in time for the second game of bowling. It was a sure win for me (until Colin got 2 strikes and an 8 I think to beat me by 2! :x )

As for the dance machine.....I think it needed a service. Like you said Chris, it was the machine that was too slow for our lightning moves. I still don't understand what happened to the babes though.....even in the car park they didn't leave the bar and dance with us. They must have been sick in bed? :?

Later on at the Lodge pub, the evening ended with a pleasant chat and a drink or two. As in true PP tradition, the tone of the conversation was soon lowered to a more 'blue' level. Sorry V! I hope we did'nt embarass Denise or yourself with our suspect comments! I'll blame Kev and Chris, they led me astray m'lud. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Thanks V for a GREAT day and will hopefully be at another one soon.

ta
If your crafty and you know it

#46 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 06 April 2003 - 05:43 PM

was gr8 fun smile.gif tx V :mrgreen: pics uploaded to the album section, but I gave the game away re the fudge cake :roll: I ain't going on that dance machine again, talk about a work out, they need to provide a girdle before using one of them, either that or a health warning for the on-lookers :roll: nice drive back too in the sun laugh.gif
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#47 User is offline   Adpuma 

Posted 07 April 2003 - 10:32 AM

Yep, nice one V...wish I could have stayed around for a bit longer but had to pick up the mrs from work. I was looking forward to a nice bungee too...

Cheers also to Chris for being my chauffeur for the day, complete with some slippery roundabout lunacy and a burn away from the traffic lights...of course, it was nothing <cough> to do with me shouting at him to "hit the limiter!!!" or "redline it!"... nice handbrake turn into the carpark too, also *of course* not encouraged by myself. I drive a diesel, I must be sensible, right? laugh.gif

The bowling was top (just call me Homer) and the lunch was good apart from the scary grouch lady who obviously had some matronly desires to see all the fellas running around in their skivvies!

Anyway, let's hope the weather's even better for the next one - who needs holidays to exotic (and virus plagued) locations eh? I'll bring the factor 6...

#48 User is offline   BOK 

Posted 07 April 2003 - 10:35 AM

Hi All!

Many thanks V for another very entertaining SX meet smile.gif

Special thanks to Kev T for offering a lift to the meet in the Milly.

Great weather on the day, bright sun with a cool breeze, a few new faces plus the usual bouncy Essex crew.

Highlights
- beating Phil by just one point on the bowling (I have no idea how the scoring works but if you bowl 3 strikes in a row you get mega points) managed 2 strikes and a 7 8)
- a ride in Dee's bright yellow T16RA...at least I can claim to have at least ridden in one...and it has a big sunroof...and we got a bit lost on the way to the pub...
- Got a bit carried away on the dance machine, will definitely be sticking to 'easy' level!

Hopefully I will have a Puma of my own next meet :wink:

#49 User is offline   Black_Kat 

Posted 07 April 2003 - 12:03 PM

Great meet, great company. smile.gif

Kevin.
T5 KRH
Kevin
T5 KRH

#50 User is offline   Pumpkin 

Posted 07 April 2003 - 12:05 PM

Afternoon fellow PumaPeople smile.gif

Just wanted to say a big thank you first to you all, for coming along to Big SX Meet 2 on Saturday and for making it so enjoyable and secondly to thank those of you who have thanked me on the Forum pages for making the day possible! Your kind words are appreciated and the photos always good to see. I don't think we've had a bad meet yet and as I always say, it is the people who make the meets!!

Lunch at the Four Seasons at our banqueting table laugh.gif was nice and I personally really enjoyed my baguette, salad and chips! The waitress was quite frightening and I for one am chuffed that Kevin managed to finish the entire Mile High Chocolate Cake in time, before the 'prison warden' made him strip off!! :wink:

Was good to see you Matt even if only brief. I assumed you were coming along to watch us bowl for a while, so my apologies for not saying goodbye to you :oops: I hope you enjoyed the part of the meet you attended and it was good to see Tiggr in the car park line up!

Bowling was a good laugh and as usual, Chris provided the entertainment! Well done to us all as I think we all did well. Even surprised myself with 2 strikes and a few spares during my game! The pressure was certainly on between Kev, Scott and I on our final go as the scores were so close - we ended up finishing 1st, 2nd, 3rd and within 1 point of each other's positions!

As has become the norm with the SX Meets, we had our usual stint on the arcade games and watched Kate, Phil, Chris and Colin strut their stuff on the dance machine. And what do you know, but the reverse bungee was present once more (they must have known we were coming) and I take my hat off to Chris and Scott who actually had the 'balls' (can I say that on here LOL?) to do it 8)

With the sun still shining on us, myself, Dee, Kev H, Kev T, Colin, Phil, Chris, Rich, Scott and Clare headed off to find a beer table at The Lodge and to soak up the sunshine before it set. The cold finally got to us, so we set up camp inside, chatting about anything and everything and left the pub at 9.30pm!!!! Oh and as for Chris and Phil feeling the need to apologise to me and my sister, I thank you, but the apology really wasn't necessary. We are pretty liberal minded and were protected from most of the conversations you boys had as we were chatting away with Kev T and Colin! biggrin.gif The main thing is you enjoyed yourselves which I am please you all did.

… And now I believe my sister too has become an 'honorary member' along with Scott, Simon and Adam! 8)

It was great to see the usual crew and a few new faces, so a big thank you to: Kate, Matt, Kev, Kev H, Kev T (I wonder how many Puma's are owned by Kevin's LOL?!), Dee, Scott, Clare, Chris, Rich, Simon, Adam, Paul, Jackie, Colin, Keith, Dan, Sally and Phil. Think that covers everyone!

So, it's over and out from me again for the time being and watch this space for Big SX Meet 3 which is likely to take place mid July.

Don't forget all the other meets coming up and the Ford Centennial Celebrations – Dunton in the Park on Sunday 15 June (which may become a Saturday meet – see June meets pages for why this may be)!

Happy motoring and drive safe.

V & SEV
SX Meet Organiser smile.gif

#51 User is offline   PaulH 

Posted 07 April 2003 - 02:07 PM

Well what more can I add apart from another great Essex meet! biggrin.gif Thanks V.

Jackie enjoyed her first Puma meet too!

Very good food in the pub despite the scarey waitress! :twisted: ja_bebe.gif

The bowling proved just how good - NOT! :help: I was at bowling but much fun never the less.

Shame I had to leave after the bowling but had shopping and other things to attend to.

Till the next one,
Paul
Magnum Puma Thunder

#52 Guest_Matt and Tiggr_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 April 2003 - 02:35 PM

Afternoon fellow PumaPeople  :) Was good to see you Matt even if only brief.  I assumed you were coming along to watch us bowl for a while, so my apologies for not saying goodbye to you  :oops:   I hope you enjoyed the part of the meet you attended and it was good to see Tiggr in the car park line up!
V & SEV
SX Meet Organiser   smile.gif

V!

Superb meet, unfortunately I hadn't realised how late is had got when the meal was finished, so had to scoot. Great to see everyone again (been 18 months since my last Essex meet !!!!)

Nice line up of cars, even if Chris, you need to buy a sponge and learn how to use it ;-)

Cheers folks

10.gif

#53 User is offline   scottyb 

Posted 07 April 2003 - 04:16 PM

V,

I've said it once already but - quality meet V thanks very much from me and Clare, one thing thou, it might have been a little too much fun in Chris's case, WHOOOA OH-HO HO HO HO HO-A HA HA HA-HA!

Next time no sugar for him.. :wink:

That first pub (Lodge?) was the best we've gone to so far except for the prospect of having both my ankles broken by the barmaid, and I hope we all go back there at some point, I'm sure Clare and I will be.

Out of all the highlights of the meet (and there were loads) the following stand out the most for me -

- Having this crazy madman (Chris) try and kill me in a bowling alley for no reason whatsoever :twisted:
- Having this crazy madman (Chris) beat me (ME!!) twice on that racing game in the arcades.
- Having this crazy madman (Guess) drag me kicking and screaming onto an excellent bungee type ride thingy, that was actually fantastic and i may go up again.
- Seeing off a Pug 206 GTI and a Celica TT190 (I was so proud).
- Seeing Basildon in a whole new light from about 100ft up.
- Having eaten it, trying to hide the fact that cake wasn't actually quite light and in fact has forced me to go on a diet (this week) 19.gif
- Laughing continuously when we arrived at the pub after bowling.
10.gif

Cheers all and see you at the next one!

Scott + Clare.

ps http://www.carbonfibrepants.co.uk will be updated soon with some pics.

#54 User is offline   BlueTak 

Posted 07 April 2003 - 06:49 PM

Another excellent Essex meet 8) Thanks loads to V for organising it again!

Pictures are on http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sb.jones under the Puma gallery etc.

TT meetings are never this much fun :wink:

Simon

#55 User is offline   BOK 

Posted 08 April 2003 - 07:34 AM

- Having this crazy madman (Guess) drag me kicking and screaming onto an excellent bungee type ride thingy, that was actually fantastic and i may go up again.

Have to say your face was an absolute picture as you sat there waiting for the off laugh.gif

We have to make sure everyone has a go on it next time- not often you get a chance to go on such a contraption!

p.s. Did Chris break into song again like he did when i went on it? :wink: (rather that than break wind tho' ) :wink:

#56 User is offline   scottyb 

Posted 08 April 2003 - 08:05 PM

Nope no singing, not that i was listening to much other than my mind telling my heart "you twit"..

I would definately recommend the ride to anyone who isn't going to do the "Mile High Chocolate Cake with Ice Cream" beforehand.

BTW A few pics of my and kevs cars from Sat have been added to http://www.carbonfibrepants.co.uk today and the site is being remade so i've changed the way it looks to make the transition easier.

Cya,

Scott.

#57 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 08 April 2003 - 08:11 PM

Hey, Scott! biggrin.gif You missed out on a great rendition of 'Fly me to the moon' laugh.gif :wink: Much better than the version of 'Bobbing Along' that Colin had to put up with! biggrin.gif

Just checked out the website, looking good! :wink: I've missed my daily dose of purple-striped Saxo action! laugh.gif
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic