Pumapeople: Ford Fair - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ford Fair

#1 User is offline   bendunn 

• Group: Members

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:45 PM

Will there be a puma people stand this year, has anyone discussed any plans about this? just wondering as i didnt see a puma people stand last year

#2 User is offline   Spike 

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:25 PM

Hopefully there will be a puma meet, it'd be a shame to miss out this year too.

The forum, seems to been a bit sparse of meets lately :(

#3 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:58 PM

Ben why not have a go at this one yourself :)
If anything like normal years the minimun tickets that have to be bought to book a stand is 5.
We have plenty of info to help you re info threads/maps etc. there is a club banner too.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#4 User is offline   Spike 

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:33 PM

If numbers are down, it may be worth thinking about a joint stand with another puma club

#5 User is offline   Big Boy Al 

• View gallery

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:51 PM

I'll come along in my track puma as I'll be out doing a few sessions :).
Posted Image
FRP 241 RINGMEISTER -23 LAPS = 296.7 MILES COMPLETED, MORE TO COME NEXT YEAR

#6 User is offline   Tom B 

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:04 PM

I've never been to a meet before, would be good though, if there was a few going :)
'01 Silver 1.7 Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Spike 

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:12 PM

its not really that hard to arrange....

Someone just needs to take a lead, and get a stand booked.

Each car will need a stand pass, and each person in the car a ticket, these are normally booked by the meet organiser, then either posted out in advance, or more commonly given out at a meet point near Silverstone.

I would be happy to arrange it, but no longer have a puma. If no-one volunteers then I dont mind booking, and posting out tickets, if someone can volunteer to meet & greet at the stand and park up the pumas :)

#8 User is offline   d170sam 

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:01 PM

i fancy going this year, il come in 591, might be able to blag seang to come too, i missed last years but the year before was brilliant fun!
to the steel workers of america: keep reaching for that rainbow!

#9 User is offline   Spike 

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:21 PM

anyone going volunteer to run the stand?

#10 User is offline   bendunn 

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:53 PM

I could volonteer to run the stand as i will be 100% there, id be more than happy to greet some puma owners line up the cars and have a good day out, problem is i wouldnt be able to book the tickets etc as no paypal but i dont mind organising if people are interested

This post has been edited by bendunn: 13 January 2011 - 09:57 PM

#11 User is offline   Spike 

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:45 PM

Happy Kat, could you enlighten us on how they book the tickets for Ford Fair, I don't mind doing this as have paypal, but would post out tickets in advance, as I'm going along with the ST club. This would add approx £1 per car, as would send by registered post.

I have also made an email enquiry, with the following response...

Thank you for your email, I am out of the office now until Tuesday 18th January, I will have limited access to my emails and will reply to you asap.

This post has been edited by Spike: 13 January 2011 - 10:51 PM

#12 User is offline   Spike 

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:49 PM

I'm also suggesting to both puma forums, that a joint stand might work out better.... One large stand, is better than two small ones... Both forum names can be put on stand name.

Just need the forum chiefs to give the go ahead.

#13 User is offline   bendunn 

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:49 PM

Sounds like a good idea spike

#14 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:15 PM

I rang them last year when looking into it, I will go dig out what I shared at the time.
From last year.
The last date by which a club entry must be received by is 1st July.

The minimun number of cars for a stand is 5.
So a club entry would cost minimun of 5 tickets.

The Ford Fair website shows the club stand entry form that would need to be completed

In previous years the earlier you applied the theory was the better the stand placement you got, but I think this may just be mif. This year due to the changes to the circuit at Silverstone they said they wont know the layout they will do for all the club stands till much nearer the time, but he did say it was their headache and they would fit everyone in that applied for a stand with x spaces.

These are my suggestions having been able to see what done in the past.

1) Set up a thread to see who wants to display their car on the stand
Let members organise their own track time and 0-60 run tickets seperately, this is a known headache otherwise. People can leave the stand during the day with their Puma if they want to go do a track session or 0-60 run etc. If they want to do loads of track sessions then they are best placed just booking the track time and a track stand pass, this is a seperate area of the ciruit where there cars park up.

2) Set a deadline for payment and collect money off all the attendees.
Agreed, also set method(s) of payments accepted. Cheque, paypal etc. (remember your paypal fee)

3) Send said money and completed form to Ford Fair by 1st July and await arrival of everyone's tickets.
Send earlier, say by the 20th of June.
So I would suggest a final cut off date of receiving payment of 5th June (gives you a couple days to get stragglers in). Hopefully by then you will have had 4 people want to go and have paid you. :D

4) Distribute tickets and I guess organise logistics of arranging the stand?
Normal routine is (on that post Pumasparky made of last year's Ford Fair meet links). You may do something else but as an idea.
You agree meet point allow plenty of time to now give out passes and tickets. This means all people get here for meet time. Give contact details out incase someone can't make it due to problem or other and meet them at the FF gate to pass tickets when they arrive, but this is a BAD idea (pain in arse to find them etc.), best people get to the meet point.
You leave meet point at agreed time (FF queues are legendary!)
Arrive on stand (FF release stand layout on website a few weeks before day so you can get rough idea of where going, but there are marshalls that guide traffic on the day)
Once on stand can organise parking, depends on site size, you may decide to do a fan for example alternating colours. If you have a gazebo (these are great and usually someone has one to bring) then allow space for that, provides shade from sun and people congragate at it when not wondering around the show.

5) Organise meeting beforehand to go to the circuit (Hotels for those that are coming a long way?)
People organise there own hotels etc. You say meet point and time to arrive for and set a time you will leave by, as before have a look at previous meet arrangements to get a parking spot to use to meet and a time to leave by etc.
The previous year's posts will give you an idea of the meet post content and also plenty of stuff to pinch to use :)

There is a PP club banner, I will find out who has this now.

There is water locations on site for being able to get water if you want to wash your car, take plenty sun screen, notorious for burning on the day, and a brolly in case the weather breaks with tradition of it being a scorcher.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#15 User is offline   Spike 

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:34 PM

Thank you for your time to post that.

Do I gather that this forum, arn't keen on a joint stand?

I know last year Pumapeople ended up with no stand!

#16 User is offline   bendunn 

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:29 AM

I think we should start a tread and find out how many are interested in the event

#17 User is offline   Spike 

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:50 AM

good idea :)

#18 User is offline   jay frp401 

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:30 PM

View PostSpike, on 15 January 2011 - 09:50 AM, said:

good idea :)

i'm up for it :) frp 401

#19 User is offline   Spike