Pumapeople: Porter Cable Polisher - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Porter Cable Polisher

#1 User is offline   cheshiresport 

• Group: Members

Posted 16 May 2007 - 04:44 PM

Wheres the cheapest place for me to get hold of one of these polishers? I know a few people on here have them.

I dont need the transformer as i have one, just need the polisher and any spare pads i might need biggrin.gif

#2 User is offline   e3silversurfer 

Posted 16 May 2007 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (cheshiresport @ May 16 2007, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wheres the cheapest place for me to get hold of one of these polishers? I know a few people on here have them.

I dont need the transformer as i have one, just need the polisher and any spare pads i might need biggrin.gif

Got mine off ebay and happy with the quality.

#3 User is offline   Big Boy Al 

• View gallery

Posted 16 May 2007 - 05:50 PM

this is the one you want daz mate

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/son-sfxpol-kit.html

comes with enough pads to last you a long time allthough i have now bought a 4 inch backing plate and 4 inch pads as they are more concentrated but the 6 inch ones are good too.

you will have to buy a transformer and 110volt plug end but its real easy to change the american plug

you can get them from screwfix direct about £50.

i can get you a 10 or 15 % discount for the polisher as well.

This post has been edited by Big Boy Al: 16 May 2007 - 05:50 PM

Posted Image
FRP 241 RINGMEISTER -23 LAPS = 296.7 MILES COMPLETED, MORE TO COME NEXT YEAR

#4 User is offline   cheshiresport 

Posted 16 May 2007 - 06:23 PM

Thats the one ive been looking at Al, did you buy it as the kit with the extra pads included? How many pads do you get, 1 of each? Ive noticed in the pics you took of your detailing products you have quite a few extra polishing pads (the blue and yellow ones). Ive been told to get the 4" backing pad too and a few pads for that.

Did you get your discount through detailing world?

Ive already got a transformer or 2 sat in my garage and a spare 110v plug ready and lots of 110v extension leads (the benefits of my job). So its just the polisher and the pads for me.

Oh and maybe some different polishes and waxes to use maybe. Have an experiment and see what works best

#5 User is offline   Big Boy Al 

• View gallery

Posted 16 May 2007 - 06:34 PM

yeah with that link i put up daz you get the polisher, 2x 1st stage pads, 2x 2nd stage pads 2x 3rd stage pads and 2x buffing covers. and a six inch backing plate.

as i say the 6 inch are fine but the 4 inch ones are easier to get into smaller places but youll stll have to do little bits by hand but not much.

if you want to remove swirls i think megs 81 or 83 are meant to be good thats what im gonna have a go with soon as my swirl removers arent abrasive enough but still make the car look excellent.

get one mate you wont regret it.

yeah the original discount was through detailing world but i know what to type now so pm me if you do get it wink.gif
Posted Image
FRP 241 RINGMEISTER -23 LAPS = 296.7 MILES COMPLETED, MORE TO COME NEXT YEAR

#6 User is offline   cheshiresport 

Posted 16 May 2007 - 06:43 PM

PM'd you once mate today regarding this but you must have been ignoring me laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Ive just this minute got an email off shaun on there regarding the discount codes but im not really sure which to use hes given me 3. I will pm you now mate ja_cool.gif

#7 User is offline   PumaVoodoo 

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (e3silversurfer @ May 16 2007, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got mine off ebay and happy with the quality.

I thought you had a Silverline one, not a PorterCable?
S*** LRX, usually belting between Dover and Maidstone by any means except the M20

Weitec GT Coilovers, Powerflex bushes, Milltek full FRP exhaust, 280mm front brakes
Low slung, taught, powerful and stops on a dime.

#8 User is offline   Alex Creasey 

Posted 28 May 2007 - 07:54 AM

Go through somewhere like Autopia or Detailers Paradise in the US for a PC. I don't know anyone who's been stung for import duty in many, many years of recommending them.

One thing to remember with UK sellers of the PC... They aren't a CE marked machine, so it's technically illegal to be selling them, and the reason I won't risk my business stocking them....
www.seriousperformance.co.uk

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic