Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cambelt Change Question

#1 User is offline   rsindigo 

• Group: Members

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:09 AM

Hi,

The cam belt was last changed on my standard 1.7 Puma when I purchased her back in August 2008.

It is now 7 years / 24,000 miles, since the belt was last changed - I think Ford Recommend every 5 years or 80,000 miles between cam belt changes on the 1.7 engine ?

with having only covered 24,000 miles, (7 years) would I be best to get my cam belt changed again now ?

The car is now on 74,000 miles would it also be worth having the water pump changed at the same time I change the cambelt ? as far as I know the water pump has not been changed?

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 02 August 2015 - 05:22 PM

Considering the original interval was 10 years or 100k miles then it might suggest there is age related aging.
If you so it use the kit to make sure the tensioner etc. Is also changed.
I did my water pump at 10 years old it will next be changed at 20 on my low miles and conservative approach.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   eldoodarino 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 02 August 2015 - 05:56 PM

hiya Mate..

I worked on 234 2 years ago when John Clements owned it (front brake service)...

I'd be happy to do any engine work on it for you..

PM me..

Regards

Chris Allison
Wizards Of Nos 60hp progressive delivery.... yeah baby yeah :-o
Denso Iridium Plugs
Helix Clutch
Mobil 1

#4 User is offline   rsindigo 

• Group: Members

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:48 AM

Hi Chris,

No.234 is running fine and isn't due for a cambelt change just yet , it is my other Puma that is due for a cam belt change last changed 7 years ago, new one being fitted next week.

Roger.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic