Pumapeople: Pumapeople @ Nurburgring Nordschleife 2007 - Pumapeople

• 49 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pumapeople @ Nurburgring Nordschleife 2007 Saturday March 31st - Monday April 2nd

#1 User is offline   R5CPD 

• Group: Members

Posted 21 January 2007 - 02:07 PM

Date & Time:

Saturday March 31st - Monday April 2nd

Location (Town/City):

Euro Tunnel Terminal Folkstone, Kent.

Venue:

Nurburgring Nordschleife, Germany.

Multimap Link:

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?cli...;multimap.y=193

Contact Persons:

Chris Downes - chris.downes@evanshalshaw.com - Tel: 07719748863

Introduction

Join in with this third Pumapeople visit to the Nurburgring Nordschleife, the ultimate driving experience. Completed in 1927, the 13 mile long circuit, has at least 73 bends which adds up to what even racing drivers describe as the most demanding circuit in the world. Greats such as Rudolf Caracciola, Manfred von Brauchitsch, Hermann Lang, Juan Manuel Fangio, and Graf Berghe von Trips have all made motorsport history here. Jackie Stewart reverently christened the serpentines through the impressive landscape of the Eifel "The Green Hell".

Positioned in the beautiful German Eifel mountain range, the track used to be the home of the German Grand Prix circuit until Nikki Lauda's severe accident in 1976. The circuit has also been the scene of many Ford triumph's with cars such as the Zakspeed Capri and Lotus Cortina. In more recent times, the Puma has competed in the circuit's famous 24-Hour race on several occasions.

The Nordschleife is not a modern race course, such as Silverstone. Blind bends, high speed straights, treacherous crests, steep inclinations as well as constantly changing road surfaces and weather conditions, make the Nordschleife one of the most demanding challenges for every motorsport fan.

Meet Plan

The basic plan of the event, will be for us all to meet up at the Channel Tunnel Terminal on Saturday morning at 08.30. After crossing under the Channel, we will travel on into France, drive through Belgium, and on into Germany and to the Nurburgring in time for the evening session that day. We can then stay in a local hotel, and enjoy some time at the circuit, as well as the lovely surrounding countryside and other local attractions during Sunday. So there will also be plently to do and see for those wishing not to drive at the circuit too. After the weekend, we will return to England on Monday lunch time for about 3pm.

These are the details of the Eurotunnel booking I have made for myself:

Going out
(local time) Short Stay Saver Fare | Folkestone to Calais | Saturday 31 March 2007
Check-in time 08:50 Departure time 09:20 Arrival time 10:55 £74

Coming back
(local time) Short Stay Saver Fare | Calais to Folkestone | Monday 02 April 2007
Check-in time 14:50 Departure time 15:20 Arrival time 14:55 £57

Total Cost: £131 Inc.

You can make a similar booking on www.eurotunnel.com

If you are unable to book exactly the same crossing as mine, then we would be happy to wait on the other side for you to arrive (or vice-versa).

During this years visit, I am staying at the Ring Haus, where Mike stayed during last July's trip. There is still good availability for rooms that weekend, plus the costs are reasonable too.

I am staying for two nights in a twin room for just over £100. You can make a similar booking here www.ringhaus.com

These links may also help with hotels should you wish to stay elsewhere:

http://www.slidersguesthouse.com

http://www.contel-koblenz.de

http://www.nuerburg.de/tourist-info/deutsch/

http://www.adenau.de

http://www.hotel.de

Joining the Meet

You can take part in this event in two ways. Firstly, you are welcome to join us in your own Puma and travel accross with us.

Alternatively, those attending may look for Co-Drivers to join us on this event. All we would ask is that you pay for any additional accomidation costs, and that you may contribute towards some of the fuel costs too.

If anyone is interested in either of these options, then please post up here, or myself know directly. We can then co-ordinate our travel plans together to fit in with your own.

Below is a list of those Members which have shown a desire in attending. Displayed is their forum Username, vehicle being driven, position, and if they are confirmed to attend the event at this stage.

R5CPD - Puma Thunder

Oliver - Fiesta Zetec-S

Big Boy Al - FRP

d170sam - Puma 1.7

mikepass - Puma Thunder

tomkirkland - Focus ST170

jamesmalin - Puma 1.7

mick72 - Toyota Celica 190

amino - Puma 1.7

Vaspetrol - FRP

Zip It - CTR

Warning

So you wish to take your Puma around the Nordschleife, then you should be fully aware of the possible dangers of the circuit. The circuit is an incredibly unforgiving place. With the exception of a handful of bends, there's no run-off: if you fail to make a bend, you're going to hit something hard. Worse, most of the bends and crests are blind, so the chances of one accident leading to a second one are also relatively high. On average, the Nurburgring see's between 10-12 fatalities a year, and many other serious accidents.

I'm not trying to put people off this event, but please fully consider these risks prior to coming along. If you drive safely within both you and your Puma's limits, then you will share with the exciting experience of the best 13 miles of tarmac in the world.

Further Information

For those unable to attend this event, but would like to visit the Nurburgring. There may be another visit to the Nurburgring later this year, as occured last year during the following July.

These two websites give good information about the Nurburgring and surrounding area:

www.nurburgring.org

www.nuerburgring.de

Last Years Events

http://www.pumapeople.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=33918

http://www.pumapeople.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=43149
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 21 January 2007 - 07:39 PM

Date now confirmed!

After taking a look at the Nurburgring website, I see that opening times for 2007 have been released. As with last year I propose that we visit the circuit on the weekend of March 31st, through to Monday April 2nd. After meeting at Dover for 8.30am-ish and driving over to Germany, this will give us the evening 6pm - 7.30pm track session on Saturday, and all day Sunday, 8am through to 7.30pm. We can then return home to the UK via a Tunnel crossing during Monday lunchtime. smile.gif
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 22 January 2007 - 08:33 PM

Meet Update!

I have now also confirmed both my Tunnel Crossings and Hotel bookings for the weekend. wink.gif

These are the details of the Eurotunnel booking I have made:

Going out
(local time) Short Stay Saver Fare | Folkestone to Calais | Saturday 31 March 2007
Check-in time 08:50 Departure time 09:20 Arrival time 10:55 £74

Coming back
(local time) Short Stay Saver Fare | Calais to Folkestone | Monday 02 April 2007
Check-in time 14:50Departure time 15:20Arrival time 14:55 £57

Total Cost: £131 Inc.

You can make a similar booking on www.eurotunnel.com

If you are unable to book exactly the same crossing as mine, then we would be happy to wait on the other side for you to arrive (or vice-versa). smile.gif

During this years visit, I am staying at the Ring Haus, where Mike stayed during last July's trip. There is still good availability for rooms that weekend, plus the costs are reasonable too. smile.gif

I am staying for two nights in a twin room for just over £100. You can make a similar booking here www.ringhaus.com

These links may also help with hotels should you wish to stay elsewhere:

http://www.slidersguesthouse.com

http://www.contel-koblenz.de

http://www.nuerburg.de/tourist-info/deutsch/

http://www.adenau.de

http://www.hotel.de

I've updated the first post in the thread to reflect these new developments. wink.gif

There seems to be a few lurkers on this meet thread so far, so please join up and I'm sure that we will all have a good time as we did during both visits last year!! biggrin.gif

Any questions, then please reply to the thread, or send a pm. I've also posted details of this meet on the myspace site www.myspace.com/r5cpd
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Big Boy Al 

• View gallery

Posted 22 January 2007 - 08:35 PM

chris all i can say is biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Posted Image
FRP 241 RINGMEISTER -23 LAPS = 296.7 MILES COMPLETED, MORE TO COME NEXT YEAR

#5 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:44 PM

Thanks Alan , I hope that you will be able to make it. I know we had a great time last year. smile.gif

Also, to answer a question I've been PM'd. I'd like to confirm that the dates and timings the circuit have released are currently provisional at the moment, but from discussions I've had with others, it would seem the weekend we have chosen is 95% likely to stay with these public opening times. Also they are identical to those of the same weekend last year. wink.gif

If in the rare event the Ring's opening times radically change, then I will post here immediately. However, I'm confident enough to put down my own money to make the bookings now. wink.gif
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   vaspetrol 

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:48 PM

I'm seriously considering coming to this again, just looking at time off work and finances, then I will post back.

Anyone else who is unsure I would say DO IT!! It's an awesome experience to go to the 'Ring'. Especially when Alan is there cool.gif dry.gif
Vas
FRP #385 / FORD FIESTA ZETEC-S
Looked after by GK!!-In GK Ford I trust
BRAKES LOOKED AFTER BY DR.ALCON @ ELDUDE-BUILD!

PERFORMANCE FORD SHOW 2006-BEST PUMA WINNER
FORD FAIR CONCOURS CLASS WINNER 2006
WONDERLAND SPORTSCAR SHOW 2007-CONCOURS 2ND PLACE
BEST PARADE LAP FRP WINNER-CASTLE COMBE 2007
PUMAPEOPLE CALENDAR CAR 2009

Racing Puma Owners Club Membership Administrator

#7 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:51 PM

Alan is the weinermeister. smile.gif
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Big Boy Al 

• View gallery

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:52 PM

oi just cause i like weiners and rings laugh.gif laugh.gif

the only reason im considering not taking the frp again is that ive spent so much money getting it to the shape its in now and dont wanna spoil it but thats me just being scared again all was fine last time.

for anyone who wants to know its about a 5-6 hour drive from france and great fun.

would be great to get about 8 this time i know sam and mike definately wanna come again.

biggrin.gif
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:58 PM

the only reason im considering not taking the frp again is that ive spent so much money getting it to the shape its in now and dont wanna spoil it but thats me just being scared again all was fine last time.

Alan, don't forget as I've posted in the main post, you are welcome to attend as a co-driver in another Puma. That way it's works out cheaper and not have the worry of taking your car along. There's still a place in my car, and at the hotel, so you would be more than welcome to join me in the Blunder. smile.gif
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   MikePass 

Posted 23 January 2007 - 09:23 AM

Chris, Saw your MSN message, this morning - Must remember to log off when I leave work :-)

I'm looking at joining you for this meet, will hopefully know by this weekend.
Puma Thunder, Magnum Grey, M1P GO. Pumapeople meet locations - <a href="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=103028224371469335957.0004362fd44704516bd41&z=6&om=1" target="_blank">http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&a...mp;z=6&om=1</a>

#11 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 23 January 2007 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (MikePass @ Jan 23 2007, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chris, Saw your MSN message, this morning - Must remember to log off when I leave work :-)

I'm looking at joining you for this meet, will hopefully know by this weekend.

Thanks Mike, it would be great if you could make it along. biggrin.gif As with last time, if any of your friends / work colleagues woud like to join you, then I'd make sure they are made more than welcome. All types of car welcome to this event, not just Pumas. wink.gif

Whatever you drive, the Nurburgring is the ultimate driving experiance and something that everyone should try and attempt during their driving career. smile.gif
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   vaspetrol 

Posted 25 January 2007 - 02:00 AM

Even though I said to myself No, Im soooo tempted after looking at my pics from last year. Trouble is it would mean me pulling a sicky for two days, and the cost, CHRIS!! Why do you always come up with such top events!! Maybe I'll have to come in July. rolleyes.gif
Vas
FRP #385 / FORD FIESTA ZETEC-S
Looked after by GK!!-In GK Ford I trust
BRAKES LOOKED AFTER BY DR.ALCON @ ELDUDE-BUILD!

PERFORMANCE FORD SHOW 2006-BEST PUMA WINNER
FORD FAIR CONCOURS CLASS WINNER 2006
WONDERLAND SPORTSCAR SHOW 2007-CONCOURS 2ND PLACE
BEST PARADE LAP FRP WINNER-CASTLE COMBE 2007
PUMAPEOPLE CALENDAR CAR 2009

Racing Puma Owners Club Membership Administrator

#13 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 26 January 2007 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE (vaspetrol @ Jan 25 2007, 02:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even though I said to myself No, Im soooo tempted after looking at my pics from last year. Trouble is it would mean me pulling a sicky for two days, and the cost, CHRIS!! Why do you always come up with such top events!! Maybe I'll have to come in July. rolleyes.gif

I understand Vas, I'll keep you in the loop about any future event. smile.gif

C'mon who else is up for this? wink.gif
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   brainstormer 

Posted 27 January 2007 - 04:59 PM

It's a pity.

Why don't you get together in May sad.gif

In May my Puma will be back on the streets and i'm living only an hour away from the Norschleife.

Edit: How to drift at the Nordschleife : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSjJtYMbtm0&eurl=

This post has been edited by brainstormer: 27 January 2007 - 11:30 PM

cruise missile-we bring warmness and light

www.pumateam.eu

#15 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (brainstormer @ Jan 27 2007, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's a pity.

Why don't you get together in May sad.gif

In May my Puma will be back on the streets and i'm living only an hour away from the Norschleife.

Edit: How to drift at the Nordschleife : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSjJtYMbtm0&eurl=

It would have been certainly great too. smile.gif However, don't worry as I (+ hopefully a few others) will be back over again in late July. smile.gif
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   brainstormer 

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:05 PM

You've got a message ;-)
cruise missile-we bring warmness and light

www.pumateam.eu

#17 User is offline   Big Boy Al 

• View gallery

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:08 PM

chris mate im still 92% certain i will definately let you know by the weekend.

im trying to get my mate mick that comes to the shows with me too come as well in his 190 celica, he has just got to ask his mrs and see if he is allowed wink.gif

hopefully she will be kind as its his birthday weekend.

speak soon matey

is the grand prix track open again w00t.gif
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:14 PM

I really hope you can both make it! biggrin.gif
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   Big Boy Al 

• View gallery

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:15 PM

so do i mate you dont know how much.
Posted Image

#20 User is offline   d170sam 

Posted 30 January 2007 - 05:03 AM

i hardly need to put a reply coz you know that i am coming! tongue.gif
to the steel workers of america: keep reaching for that rainbow!

Share this topic:

• 49 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic