Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Height Adjustment On Drivers Seat Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   crockett 

• Group: Members

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:09 AM

Hi,

This may be a really stupid question but here goes.

I picked up my 1997 Puma yesterday and was wondering if there was a way to adjust the height on the drivers seat. The front of the seat seems to be tilted upwards and I wanted to tilt it forward a little as it is a bit uncomfortable.

Cheers

#2 User is offline   Sw33t 

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:29 AM

I think the seats were changed after 98, is your seat electric?

#3 User is offline   crockett 

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:38 AM

Thinking about it I think it may be. It was dark when picked it up but I dit feel a sort of press button switch above the backwards and forwards lever, didn't seem to do anything though.

Just noticed as well that heater only seems to blow out hot air even when turned round to cold!!

#4 User is offline   Dan 

• View gallery

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:51 AM

It will be electric and that is the switch for it. It is more tilt adjustment than height adjustment, but the front does raise a little IIRC.

The heater only blowing hot or cold is a common problem. Try a search.

#5 User is offline   Sw33t 

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:06 PM

Yeah correct. The height adjustment is more of a tilt at different angles adjustment by raising one half of the seat base tongue.gif

#6 User is offline   BOK 

Posted 24 January 2008 - 06:22 PM

The switch is on the plastic valence of the front seat, roughly behind your right knee.

#7 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 24 January 2008 - 06:26 PM

welcome biggrin.gif
have a read of this as it concerns your new Puma clicky me
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#8 User is offline   murrayxxx77 

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (crockett @ Jan 24 2008, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thinking about it I think it may be. It was dark when picked it up but I dit feel a sort of press button switch above the backwards and forwards lever, didn't seem to do anything though.

Just noticed as well that heater only seems to blow out hot air even when turned round to cold!!

I had only hot air all the time. Heater Control Valve knackered. Just replaced it. 5 minute job even though sneaky previous owner had bypassed it with some nylon tube. Its in engine bay, under centre of windscreen, has a couple of 'claws' holding it to bulkhead. Two pipes to engine, two pipes to heater.

#9 User is offline   Supersonic 

Posted 28 January 2008 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (Sw33t @ Jan 24 2008, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah correct. The height adjustment is more of a tilt at different angles adjustment by raising one half of the seat base tongue.gif

blink.gif ja_stupid.gif Mines an electric one and is height adjustment, doesn't tilt even though that would be great. thought they were all just height only, maybe there were differences in a few?.

This post has been edited by RedMan: 28 January 2008 - 04:33 PM

#10 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 28 January 2008 - 05:52 PM

the newer pump up seat bases if you do not lift your behind out of the seat have a tendency to feel more like a tilt lift rather than a flat seat base lift

searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic