Pumapeople: Lost Keys For Puma Help Needed - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lost Keys For Puma Help Needed

#1 User is offline   flyingflynn 

• Group: Members

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:08 PM

I wonder can anyone help here, I have a couple of Pumas in sweden www.icedrivesweden.com My pal there has lost the keys.....
So Uk local dealer needs cars so thats no hope

A guy in Denmark can drive over 1200 miles and reprogramme and cut keys for bothe cars but its £2000 which is more than they are worth.

However the cars are in great condition and do a brilliant job on the frozen lake, so is there another way round it

EG a breaking puma, would the key , ignition barrel and ECU do it, or do i need other parts, Is anyone breaking a 1700 both are 1999 models
Any advice would be gratefully received, Thanks Pat

#2 User is offline   Dave93 

• Group: Members

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:04 PM

All you need is a key with a red pats chip in it and you can program it yourself.

I have all the keys for my car but wanted a flip key like the ford focus ones, so ordered one off eBay made sure it had a red pats chip inside for £35 and got ford to cut it!

I was told you need all your keys with you but I just tried my new flip key (switch ignition on and off 4 times quickly till you hear a beep then hold down any button and it was all done!) the car started straight away and locks and unlocks

Hope this helps

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic