Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Searchin Gfor Headlight For My 1.4

#1 User is offline   RRomeo 

• Group: Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:52 PM

Hi,

my headlight is broken, so I'm searching for a solution, maybe a used one, but in good shape. My questions are:

- I'm from Hungary, so the passenger and the driver side are reversed. My broken lamp is in my passenger side, what means in the UK the driver side... so, can I order a driver side lamp from the UK, will it fit to my car too, or there is something else too, like with the wires etc.
- Can anyone suggest a cheap online shop etc. where I can find new and used lamps and who can deliver, send it to Hungary? I know only eBay...
- Is there any differences between the headlamps? I have an 1.4 from '99.Can I order a head lamp from an 1.7 Puma, or from a newer / older edition?

This post has been edited by RRomeo: 08 November 2013 - 03:28 PM

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:40 PM

Hi RRomeo
The headlight will fit your Puma but the light pattern from the bulbs will be wrong for your driving in Hungary.
You would be better off looking for a replacement from say France or Germany where the driving is on the same side of the road.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   RRomeo 

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:15 AM

Uh, good that I asked!
So I need to search for it outside from the UK... that reduces my options.

View Posthappy-kat, on 08 November 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

Hi RRomeo
The headlight will fit your Puma but the light pattern from the bulbs will be wrong for your driving in Hungary.
You would be better off looking for a replacement from say France or Germany where the driving is on the same side of the road.

#4 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:41 AM

You need a headlight unit from a left hand drive Puma.
The headlight did have a production change to add a drain hose connector vent late 1998 from memory, but I expect you might use a light unit with or without one connected.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#5 User is offline   RRomeo 

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:24 PM

Thanks for the info!
I see one offer here in my country, but it's a headlight from a '97 Puma. So you say it can be fitted to my '99 modell?

View Posthappy-kat, on 09 November 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

You need a headlight unit from a left hand drive Puma.
The headlight did have a production change to add a drain hose connector vent late 1998 from memory, but I expect you might use a light unit with or without one connected.

#6 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:41 PM

I think someone else will need to answer that for certain.
I do not have perfect advice.
A 97 Puma may not have the vent hose to help with misting up headlights.

#7 User is offline   RRomeo 

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:56 PM

I was lucky, I found a used one for sale here in Hungary. Now testing, I Hope everything will be all right with it. Thanks for the informations (changes between UK and Europe headlight versions) everyone!

#8 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:58 PM

That is great news, hope it works out for you

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic