Pumapeople: Heater Control Valve - Pumapeople

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Heater Control Valve How to fit a new one (not dial-up friendly)

#21 User is offline   ben toney 

• Group: Members

Posted 01 February 2008 - 03:27 PM

mate you have the same prob as me! im lost and cant think of what to try next

#22 User is offline   YOG 

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:26 PM

Have you tried the Heater Resistor under the dashboard?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ford-mondeo-focus-ka...oQQcmdZViewItem
Rick

The Haynes Fiesta Manual (3397) can answer a lot of your questions.
Posted Image

#23 User is offline   Mountain Lion 

• View gallery

Posted 01 February 2008 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (JonnyH @ Jan 31 2008, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

I have the same seemingly unfixable problem as JJJ. I replaced the heater valve myself last year (thanks to the great guide here) with a new one from Ford. It didn't make any difference - still blew hot. Just had it in at the garage (not ford) to make sure I had fitted it right and the mechanic fitted another new one. Again no difference....still only hot.

It is pulsing between 0 and 12v as it should on the terminal connector to the HCV. I can't understand why the valve isn't working - is it a digitally coded pulse or something?

Does anyone please have any ideas?

If you're getting a pulse at the HCV electrical connector, then barring the extremely slim chance that you've fitted two new faulty HCVs in a row, I think it might be the electrical connector that's not making proper contact with the terminals on the HCV.

With the heater temperature set at half way, how often was it switching between battery voltage and ground? It should switch once every few seconds.

(the beauty of mathematics)

#24 User is offline   Spike 

Posted 15 February 2008 - 08:49 AM

they where some bad HCV about a few months ago, Ford have a new version out now.

#25 User is offline   JonnyH 

Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE (Mountain Lion @ Feb 1 2008, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you're getting a pulse at the HCV electrical connector, then barring the extremely slim chance that you've fitted two new faulty HCVs in a row, I think it might be the electrical connector that's not making proper contact with the terminals on the HCV.

With the heater temperature set at half way, how often was it switching between battery voltage and ground? It should switch once every few seconds.

Thanks for the advice. I will check the contacts now and clean them up. The pulse was every few seconds and it varied in relation to the position of heater dial. Fingers crossed...

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic