#1 User is offline   jonny5alive 

• Group: Members

Posted 02 February 2005 - 12:16 PM

Cheers bud.

#2 User is offline   Sex Kitten 

• View gallery
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 02 February 2005 - 12:27 PM

Does anyone know where to buy Ford touch up paint (other than Ford). I got left waiting at their parts desk for 20 minutes today and said the C work on the way out smile.gif

what crikey??? :wink:
sex kitten
come up and see me...make me smile :wink:

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO -What a Ride!:D

1.7 Moondust Silver Sep 2002 - Aug 2009, 1.7 Silver Thunder Aug 2009 -

#3 User is offline   Strena 

Posted 02 February 2005 - 12:35 PM

Is this touch up paint good for scratches from being keyed? Just had my car washed after about 6 months of being very dirty! It's been keyed down the passenger side and boot. Can feel the C word coming on myself!

#4 User is offline   Andr3w 

Posted 02 February 2005 - 01:18 PM

Halfords do most of the Ford colours

If your Puma is Jewel Green like mine, you may find Halfords don't stock the colour. My local Halfords doesn't.
Andrew

#5 User is offline   Del 66 

Posted 02 February 2005 - 01:35 PM

Some Halfords do mix paint, but I don't know if this is just for a spray.
Del & Milly #0066

#6 User is offline   jonny5alive 

Posted 02 February 2005 - 04:14 PM

I'll let you know tonight. My t i g r a in Ceramic Blue (like FRP blue) 'couldnt be mixed'

#7 User is offline   Del 66 

Posted 02 February 2005 - 04:19 PM

I'll let you know tonight. My t   i  g   r  a   in Ceramic Blue (like FRP blue) 'couldnt be mixed'

OOOH language. ohmy.gif

I can't get Zinc Yellow, except from Ford, always has to be mixed elsewhere. Ford only take a couple of days to get what I want anyway.
Del & Milly #0066

#8 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 02 February 2005 - 04:27 PM

Ford parts (mine anway) if they have to order sommit for me and if I ask for it before 12:00 they will get it for me next day smile.gif Personally I would hang out and get the Ford paint over the Halfords. You can always buy a nice fine brush to apply the paint with rather than the one on the bottle. I mix the paint 50/50 with the lacquer in a small pot so have to use another brush/match stick to drop the pain on the chip anyway.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#9 User is offline   jonny5alive 

Posted 02 February 2005 - 04:29 PM

This garage has it in stock, but I was waiting forever at the parts desk, with staff walking by saying it always takes ages. sod that!

#10 Guest_mjh24_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 02 February 2005 - 04:35 PM

My local ford garage is ok, always seem to have parts in stock, going a bit ot here but got some new wipers straight away the other day, which is surprising as I think its the same part number as the fiesta (correct me if i am wrong) and everyone round here seems to have a fiesta........

Took me ages to get their attention at the parts desk thou, I think i rang the bell 1000 times before they served me!

#11 User is offline   jonny5alive 

Posted 02 February 2005 - 04:40 PM

Local ford garage parts desk was extremely polite and very helpful. But they didn't have it in stock. I give up smile.gif Just wanted to spend money sad.gif

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic