Pumapeople: Ap Or Weitec Coilovers - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ap Or Weitec Coilovers

#1 User is offline   mikeyboy 

• Group: Members

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:15 AM

Which are better does anybody have any experience with either the weitec basic height adjustment kit is 325 + delivery but i've heard you have to take the rears off to adjust them whereas the ap coilovers are 375 + delivery but do you have to take them off to adjust the height on the rears?

Any reply would be great thanks mike

#2 User is offline   Big Boy Al 

• View gallery

Posted 14 February 2010 - 11:12 AM

ive just bought some ap ones for my track day puma and they are a really nice bit of kit.

they are german manufactured so obviously they are upto a high standard.

i read quite a few reports and everyone was giving them high praise,

i think its one of them companies that are cheap now but in a couple of years once everyone starts using them all the prices will go up and be the same as the dearer makes you can buy now.

the rears and the fronts can be adjusted while on the car just have to remove the wheels.

there isnt any damping adjustment, but that does not worry me as i know i wouldnt bother adjusting them anyway but adjyusting the height is a good thing :)

im sure the cheaper weitec kit you cant even adjust the rears??

Posted Image
Posted Image
FRP 241 RINGMEISTER -23 LAPS = 296.7 MILES COMPLETED, MORE TO COME NEXT YEAR

#3 Guest_puma33_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 February 2010 - 12:09 PM

Hi, I agree with Big Boy Al, the AP coilovers are certainly the best value, that's what some of us use to think on planete puma, the new french site for the puma lover's

#4 User is offline   00fergie 

Posted 14 February 2010 - 01:37 PM

agreed with you pair got a set of aps on my ka and there good. dont know about the others

Now With: Helix Clutch, L.S.D, Carbon Bonnet & Splitter, Aero wipers, Speedlines, poly bushed, White alcons, Magnecore 8.5mm Leads, Osram Conversion, White and Blue Engine Bay, Stripped interior, Green Stuff Pads, smoked repeaters, miltek system with decat, Hispec Discs, Paradas.
Later: Retrimed Sparcos, More Carbon, Full Weld in Roll Cage, Respray, Anthracite Speedlines, More POWER!!!!

#5 User is offline   mikeyboy 

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:17 PM

sold! gunna get a set gotta be better than me g-max shocks and 40mm springs (the back end is still in the sky). lol

Thanks for your replies. mike

#6 User is offline   Big Boy Al 

• View gallery

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:31 PM

i used to have g max and they were horrible very crashy and used to rattle.

i havent got the ap's fitted yet but as i say all reviews on them from other people with them on their cars of all types seems very good.

pumaspeed etc stock them now

i got mine from here venom motorsport. £373.74 delivered :cool:

http://www.apcoilove...tails.php?id=74

make sure you check which ones you are ordering fork mount or eye mount, mine were the old style fork mount beam.

This post has been edited by Big Boy Al: 14 February 2010 - 03:31 PM

Posted Image

#7 User is offline   mikeyboy 

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:39 PM

yeah the g-max ones arent great you feel every bump. lol that's where i have just ordered mine from as it's a 99' mine are eye mount. thanks mate

#8 User is offline   Big Boy Al 

• View gallery

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:42 PM

cool mines a 98 so the fork type i hope lol. im sure i checked. :blink:

going to check now as im scared lol.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Pat_T 

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:54 PM

I've got the weitec GTNs at the mo (not on-car adjustable rears.. I just set them to the lowest before i fitted them) and I find them great! I paid ~£330 i think but planning to upgrade to the full GT's with adjstable rears (so I can go looooooower :D ) in the very near future. I have seen them for £370 also..

Mine is S-reg and is fork type

:good:
1.7L. ST150 clutch. Shawspeed lightened flywheel. Miltek exhaust manifold & full decat system. Pipercross foam cone filter. Speedline white 17" wheels. Toyo R888s. Weitec coilovers.
Powerflex rear beam bushes. Willwood 4-pots, 280mm dics & HEL braided hoses. Kenwood headunit. OMP: rear strut brace. Oddessy Racing 40 battery.
Corbeau Clubman seats. LUKE harnesses. FRP rear seats. Carbon fibre interior. FRP splitter.
Ultimate green. ~990kg...PROJECT THREAD

#10 User is offline   AWX85 

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:03 PM

I have also got the GTN's on my car. Although having fully adjustable rears would be better, the performance of the kit is superb.

#11 User is offline   hot wheels 

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:05 PM

View PostBig Boy Al, on 14 February 2010 - 11:12 AM, said:

ive just bought some ap ones for my track day puma and they are a really nice bit of kit.

they are german manufactured so obviously they are upto a high standard.

i read quite a few reports and everyone was giving them high praise,

i think its one of them companies that are cheap now but in a couple of years once everyone starts using them all the prices will go up and be the same as the dearer makes you can buy now.

the rears and the fronts can be adjusted while on the car just have to remove the wheels.

there isnt any damping adjustment, but that does not worry me as i know i wouldnt bother adjusting them anyway but adjyusting the height is a good thing :)

im sure the cheaper weitec kit you cant even adjust the rears??

Posted Image

Alan i have a question for you, can you fit the AP Coilover kit onto a racing puma and if so would you have to get the sleeves made for the front of the car so that the front shocks would fit. Its somthing i might be thinking of doing at the moment but thought i would ask you first thanks Barry.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic