Pumapeople: Eibach lowering Kit - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Eibach lowering Kit

#1 User is offline   kahless 

• Group: Members

Posted 13 October 2003 - 10:46 PM

Just had the Eibach spring kit fitted to my Puma at Pumaspeed and what a difference. I have only driven the car tonight as Tony fitted it for me after work but my experience's so far.

The car sits lower to the ground, obvious fact I know but when you have cleaned and lived with and sat in a car so often you immediately know somthing is different when your arse goes further down to the tarmac when you sit down, I love this feeling of being lower, it is as if it was how it was meant to be.

The car looks lower, thank god, my car is no longer on stilts, it has allways bugged me how high the car looked.

The ride is fantastic, better than I imagined it to be. I would describe it as firmer than before but not too firm that your eyeballs end up rattling in the sockets, it seems to corner way better and during braking it doesnt lunge forward as much as before. I took Lukara shopping when I got back and we loaded the car up with the shopping (and the old springs in a box in the back of the car) and no problems. Also Lukara says that she can tell sitting in the passenger seat how more sure the car feels arround corners. I have been over a few bumps and found no problem there either, the suspension travels enough to iron out the crap roads we have in Brighouse.

Really really chuffed. I have been toying with the idea of lowering for about 16 months now (I don't like to rush in to things) and I am really glad I have finally done it.

I will post another review when they have been on the car about a month (and I will be getting the tracking re done after this settling in period)

Robert.
Vice President of "The CareFree Kats"
Out of my Mind Back in 5 mins....

#2 User is offline   Teagueyuk 

Posted 14 October 2003 - 06:57 AM

So have you just had your springs replaced or the whole suspension struts, etc ??

How much did it cost and how long did it take if you dont mind me asking. I need my rear suspension struts replacing which are being done next week (with Ford replacements, like for like).

Plus with driving around Brighouse and Halifax, they will take some hammer, possibly the roads Carlsberg would never make!!

#3 User is offline   kahless 

Posted 14 October 2003 - 09:38 AM

There is a marked difference when you get on to Kirklees roads, if you think Calderdale is bad you should go in to huddersfield and the like, I think the council has a contract with Kwik Fit or somthing smile.gif

The spings fitter are £180 + vat and come with a 5 year guarantee. I just got the einbach springs fitted which included new bump stops at the front.

Robert.

#4 User is offline   Teagueyuk 

Posted 14 October 2003 - 06:21 PM

It sounds like its a good deal for the price, I went on to their website today, they do some pretty decent prices for the work.

I think a trip down there after my holidays wont go a miss then.

Cheers biggrin.gif

#5 User is offline   simpson 

Posted 14 October 2003 - 08:52 PM

There is a marked difference when you get on to Kirklees roads, if you think Calderdale is bad you should go in to huddersfield and the like, I think the council has a contract with Kwik Fit or somthing smile.gif

The spings fitter are £180 + vat and come with a 5 year guarantee.  I just got the einbach springs fitted which included new bump stops at the front.

Robert.

How long do they take to fit and do you need any special spanners ??????

#6 Guest_Cooler King_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 October 2003 - 09:30 PM

i have fitted these in the past on my own cars, i dont think its the spanners that are the problem, its the spring clamps that is, if they go, your face goes!!!!! :eyes: they are quite easy to do and for a first timer id say between 1 and 2 hours!!!!

#7 User is offline   simpson 

Posted 14 October 2003 - 09:34 PM

i have fitted these in the past on my own cars, i dont think its the spanners that are the problem, its the spring clamps that is, if they go, your face goes!!!!! :eyes:   they are quite easy to do and for a first timer id say between 1 and 2 hours!!!!

Theres an ' in ' joke there for kahless regarding spanners ! Sorry :sorry:

#8 Guest_Cooler King_*

Posted 14 October 2003 - 09:36 PM

oh! ok!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

#9 User is offline   simpson 

Posted 14 October 2003 - 09:47 PM

oh! ok!!! :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

Hey no probs just ask kahless smile.gif

#10 Guest_Cooler King_*

Posted 14 October 2003 - 09:48 PM

yeah what is all this about kahless????

#11 User is offline   simpson 

Posted 14 October 2003 - 10:15 PM

yeah what is all this about kahless????

Justr ask him about the spanner ! Don't tell him i TOLD YOU SO !

#12 Guest_Cooler King_*

Posted 14 October 2003 - 10:19 PM

i take it its a bit on the :oops: side then???? laugh.gif laugh.gif

#13 User is offline   simpson 

Posted 14 October 2003 - 10:31 PM

i take it its a bit on the :oops: side then???? laugh.gif  :lol:

All i'l say its lost in transit and thats my final word on this matter ! Ask him ! laugh.gif

#14 Guest_Cooler King_*

Posted 14 October 2003 - 10:33 PM

hmm...........lost in transit???? is that a play on words???? could it have been to do with a van??? or one left under the bonnet???

#15 User is offline   CLIVE 

Posted 14 October 2003 - 11:10 PM

stay with the thread
and answer the questions :wink:
HAVE IT.........HAVE SOME

SCOOBY DOO...................he he he

#16 Guest_Cooler King_*

Posted 17 October 2003 - 09:24 PM

i spoke to tony today and he explained it to me!!!! i believe that kahless is booked in at 8.30ish for the 'removal', if i can get there in time ill take some photos!!!!!

bet hes been looking for that!!!!

#17 User is offline   kahless 

Posted 17 October 2003 - 09:32 PM

Yup I may well start selling spanners from my car in the future as I discovered it has lots of neat little cubby holes for them smile.gif

I will explain when my car is spannerless.

Will be at Pumaspeed on Saturday as early as I can be (trying to catch Tony before he gets oily) (Erm ooeerr missis)

#18 Guest_Cooler King_*

Posted 17 October 2003 - 09:36 PM

funnily enough he used them exact words on the phone earlier!!!!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic