Pumapeople: 2.0Ltr Throttle Body, Anyone Had Problems?. - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2.0Ltr Throttle Body, Anyone Had Problems?.

#1 User is offline   Big Boy Al 

• View gallery
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:49 AM

Morning everyone,

Has anybody that has fitted a 2.0ltr Mondeo throttle body had any problems with the idle afterwards??.

Reason I ask is because I'm getting my inlet manifold custom made and the manifold needs to be port matched to the same size as the throttle body I'm getting.

The bloke making it tells me the Mondeo one aids with more air flow and torque but my mechanic Ollie says the last couple he has fitted wouldn't idle properly due to the tps being slightly different.

Anyone had any problems??.

Thanks.
Posted Image
FRP 241 RINGMEISTER -23 LAPS = 296.7 MILES COMPLETED, MORE TO COME NEXT YEAR

#2 User is offline   AlanH 

Posted 19 February 2011 - 11:39 AM

HI there

Have a 2ltr body ready to try on my FRP, saw on an other thred that when you put it on a 1.6 focas the chap had the same issues, one chap said that you also need to change the MAF sensor to the 2ltr one to over come the problem? haven looked at this yet, but i can tell you that the silver top body cable linkage requires modifying to take the puma accelarator cable. wont be able to tell you the results unti the summer, she in the shed at the moment having some TLC.

One last little bit the tps on the Ka appears to be adjustable? there are no metal inserts on the bolt holes and thay can be rotated through a few degrees.

#3 User is offline   AlanH 

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:07 AM

Hi again

I have put my 2ltr on the other day along with a power boost valve, it appears to idle ok, however i have not ported there manifold yet, have you had any joy?

#4 User is offline   fiesta1700 

Posted 10 March 2011 - 12:13 AM

so what is it doing? is it idleing high or not at all?

#5 User is offline   AlanH 

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:57 PM

it appears to be idleing fine thanks.

#6 User is offline   old banger 

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:28 PM

I fitted a 2ltr thorttle body on tuesdsay, didn't modifi the inlet manifold, and it idles fine at normal idleing RPM.

The only issue I came across was the 2ltr throttle body ( silver top) I had, had an extra casting post so the throttle cable linkage arm rested on this leaving the thottle slightly open and it idled at 2 -3 K RPM. So i removed the extra post and all is fine, didnt even need to adjust the thottle cable either.

#7 User is offline   t783vkj 

Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:48 PM

Surely if you dont open the manifold up to the same size as the 2ltr throttle body your kind of missing the point?

#8 User is offline   djfraud 

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:42 AM

You need to modify the inlet or thers no point doing it

#9 User is offline   AlanH 

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:19 PM

Once I ported out the throttle body, which seems to havemade a difference to response and acceleration, I did have some problems as Iremoved the idle valve and did not clean the surface when I refitted, thiscaused some idling issues on deceleration, once I cleaned of the surface andremade the joint with high temp silicon, all was fine, just drink a bit morefuel.

#10 User is offline   djfraud 

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:31 PM

Hi ther, you have to port out the inlet to match the TB, also you need to put the puma linkage on the mondeo TB, done this about 2 years ago now, had no problems at all and worked a treat, its an easy cheap mod, put a post on here how to do it when i done it, duno what all the fuss is about lol, your idle valve probably needs a good clean or replacing

#11 User is offline   volcomstone411 

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:07 PM

Yea, you need to swap the tps over. The problem is to do with setting the throttle position sensors up to be the same. You need to use a multimeter. It can also be because of poor porting.
Posted Image
All stuff puma - puma technical & all things rebuilt...
See my website for Snow School Information

#12 User is offline   djfraud 

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:43 PM

Just wana say never changed the tps just kept the puma one and never had a problem?? your tps could be faulty, run a diagnostics check and when your looking at the tps graph make sure its actualy diong somthing as it may still give a reading but not doing nothing??

This post has been edited by djfraud: 14 January 2012 - 05:46 PM

#13 User is offline   t783vkj 

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:11 PM

Anyone seen any actual dyno print outs reguarding this mod? I ported my standard tb and to honest the flat out performance seemed the same ,but the throttle response & mid range torque was so improved even the wife asked what I'd done to it..I just wondered weather sticking a large tb would detract from driveability or throttle response.

#14 User is offline   volcomstone411 

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:40 PM

Wouldn't really improve top end. Again it's drivability
Posted Image
All stuff puma - puma technical & all things rebuilt...
See my website for Snow School Information

#15 User is offline   djfraud 

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:26 PM

Iv had a couple of dyno runs but have not got a clue how to put them up on here from my blackberry lol, also think they was both done after had modded it sorry. you defenatly notice throttle response and a noticable bit of torque, defenatly wakes the car up. like to try an even bigger one but not sure if there is a bigger one that can b modded to fit, only so much of the standard inlet you can remove. do have a spare inlet might have to investigate on that one lol.also would like to say the drivability is the same, it never trys to cut out or stall, you can still cruise around at low speed in 5th its just the same until you put your foot down you notice it.

This post has been edited by djfraud: 16 January 2012 - 10:30 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic