Pumapeople: Wheelspin - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wheelspin

#1 User is offline   RICH.L 

• Group: Members

Posted 07 January 2006 - 07:45 PM

Hi, had my 1.7 panther black for about 3 weeks now. It's been absolutely brilliant - best car I've ever driven. However, in the last 2 days, when I have taken off from a junction in first gear, the front wheels have appeared to spin very violently. Or at least I think thats what it was. This is even driving very carefully. It has happened on 3 separate occasions. The last time it happened, I had to change into second very quickly as I seemed to have very little forward momentium or power.
I should add that it was not a wet or icy day and my tyres are in good condition. Also, the car was given a thorough service and MOT before I got it by someone I know well.
Just wondered if any of you guys had experienced this before. It isn't something that I'm overly worried about as it isn't happening all the time.
Any advice would be great, thanks.

#2 User is offline   AndyHeard 

Posted 07 January 2006 - 07:53 PM

to be honest in dry conditions on ok tyresi have found it hard to get the wheels spinning at all...the traction control kicks in and controls anything. in the wet i can blatently get the wheels spinning in first and second but this is with hard revs.

i would assume its a mix of you reving to much maybe and perhaps having a hard compound tyre. im not sure if it could be a blown fuse meaning your traction control isnt working???
someone will no doubt answer this.
IPB Image

#3 User is offline   Mixter 

Posted 08 January 2006 - 04:01 AM

Are you the wheels are spinning and it's just not the clutch slipping, just an idea wink.gif

#4 User is offline   PG12 

Posted 08 January 2006 - 11:35 AM

My wheels start to spin at junction when my tyres get down to around 3-4 mm
RPJ DAMPENERS - POWERFLEX ALLROUND - JANSPEED SS SYSTEM - SOLD - probably in bits now...

#5 User is offline   warrenpenalver 

Posted 08 January 2006 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (AndyHeard @ Jan 7 2006, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
to be honest in dry conditions on ok tyresi have found it hard to get the wheels spinning at all

Floor it to 6k rpm when stationary then sidestep clutch. Works every time!! crazy.gif
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Dezza 

• View gallery

Posted 08 January 2006 - 05:01 PM

Mine has been spin today prob cos its wet and no traction control
Dez

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic