would appear mirrors fixed too tight on door and nipped into paint
have noticed this on focus model also
seems to be a grey area as dealer is reluctant to make it a warranty issue
(99 v reg 1.7) just wondered if anyone else had same problem
and any outcome?

#2 User is offline   kayj_prod 

• Group: Members

Posted 07 March 2003 - 12:13 AM

I've certainly seen it mentioned as a problem before, although it's not a problem on The Beast mk II. (Just waiting for that on the bonnet- why is there so much gravel on country lanes at the moment?!)

Keith

#3 User is offline   BOK 

Posted 07 March 2003 - 09:41 AM

Mirrors rubbing on the door paint is quite common and I would say that it is grounds for a warranty claim (manufacturing fault).

I've seen rust spots on the rear lower corner of the door *opening* (caused by incorrectly aligned doors) but not on the door iteslf. If it looks the like the result of an untreated stone chip, bump or scratch then warranty won't cover it.

#4 Guest_Matt and Tiggr_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 March 2003 - 09:43 AM

bottom front corner of passenger door has had surface rust now for a couple of years, due to not enough paint :-|

#5 User is offline   Noj 

Posted 07 March 2003 - 12:42 PM

Have the same issue on mine (99 V), very difficult spot to touch up, I always ensure it is properly dried afeter washing and it hasn't got any worse since purchase last July, so fingers crossed it doesn't worsen - guess it's another of those little things we tolerate for the love of the kat :roll:
What you don't know.
Won't leave a scar.
What you don't know.
Hasn't killed you so far.
But you don't know.
Just who you are.
Still I just give you something to talk about.
What you don't know.

#6 User is offline   CHEAPASCHIPS 

Posted 07 March 2003 - 04:33 PM

Just got back from a Ford accident rep centre getting some corrosion checked out on my 97' kat, ref post 'rust on your kat'. It has started to blister on rear arches and signs of rust forming on door sill seams.

A guy checked the car over with some sort of measuring device which gave him a variable digital reading dependent on area tested, probably to check for filler.

Very helpful though, now sending info to Ford for further process. Says in his opinon got a valid case for warranty claim although Ford assesment peolpe have the final say.

Fingers crossed until further notice!! biggrin.gif

#7 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 07 March 2003 - 09:17 PM

It's good to hear that your Ford ARC took good care of you. smile.gif I imagine that your dealer will contact you in the 3-4 weeks with a response. :wink:
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   gjm259 

Posted 30 March 2003 - 09:59 PM

Just got back from a Ford accident rep centre getting some corrosion checked out on my 97' kat, ref post 'rust on your kat'. It has started to blister on rear arches and signs of rust forming on door sill seams.

Has the same done to mine, Ford mucked me around for four months asking for paint readings and photopgraphs of the rear arches that I know were provided (its my finger in the pictures pointing at the rust). They did this so many times that I asked for them to come and inspect it - they turned my warranty claim down 7 days later!! I hope you have better luck with yours, in the mean time its a call to Ford Customer Assistance for me - I need to get my angry head on (this won't take much all considered) :evil:

#9 User is offline   PumaFIN 

Posted 03 April 2003 - 07:29 AM

noticed some rust spots on top of door just behind mirrors
also on rear of door edge.

Same problem sad.gif
Moondust Silver 1.7 VCT

#10 User is offline   Rich 

Posted 03 April 2003 - 02:43 PM

Same problem as well with paint comming off near the mirrors.

I had rust appear after 18months on the rear quarter and was done under warrenty.

I was very supprised I got the rust after only 18months so decided to do a little bit of investigation (I used to work for Ford). Using the vin number I managed to get the full life history of my car from start of build to delievery (even found out what mistakes were made during the build then fixed). In the end I found out it was built mid 99 so it must of been sitting somewhere for over a year till I got it, helps to explain it.

If you think the Pumas paint is bad though check out Fiestas, most of them now come with a free extra 'dirt IN the paintwork'

#11 User is offline   TheMIB 

Posted 21 April 2003 - 07:25 PM

Where the red circle shows, under the rubber trim

#12 User is offline   johnak 

Posted 22 April 2003 - 07:23 PM

I`ve also got rust colouring edging its way from my wing mirrors. :roll:

Also, check out the wheel arches, namely inside where the metal has been folded over and welded. Any orange infestation yet? I`ve got a touch.

For such a cool car, why did Ford daub the puma in that kak they call paint!!?? :evil:

I`m having my bonnet resprayed again. The stuff is flaking off in great lumps, I tell thee.

Do you know what we should do?
Send a mass of emails to Ford complaining about the paint work.

I also heard the paint is actually waterbased, then lacoured on top??!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic