Pumapeople: Frp Pxx Flt ? A38 North Nr Lichfield - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Frp Pxx Flt ? A38 North Nr Lichfield Wed 30th April 7.30 pm

#1 User is offline   maineman1963 

• Group: Members

Posted 01 May 2008 - 10:02 AM

Seen on the a38 Northbound and then slightly later in Burton on Trent. Going like a bat out of hell... seemed to be racing a Mondeo ST on a wet evening, greasy road.. I was doing 70 ish went past me as though I was standing still and Clio in front of me, doing 70, pulled out in good time and got a headlight flash and up the tail routine from this FRP !!! Mondeo ST no better dived over to get off and almost up the back of a lorry in the nearside lane............

Hope the FRP not on here.... they gained nothing as I followed the Clio in to Burton where we all caught up with the FRP later in Town at lights as it turned in to the car parks !
ex-owner of FRP 347 believe it is now R.I.P ! ...... now driving ....................... yes.... a Mondeo diesel. so per my daughter I am now Mondeo man, after Scoobies, BMW M5 etc etc .... ex-wife probably thinks how the not so mighty have fallen !!!

#2 User is offline   spacedmonkeys 

Posted 01 May 2008 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (maineman1963 @ May 1 2008, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seen on the a38 Northbound and then slightly later in Burton on Trent. Going like a bat out of hell... seemed to be racing a Mondeo ST on a wet evening, greasy road.. I was doing 70 ish went past me as though I was standing still and Clio in front of me, doing 70, pulled out in good time and got a headlight flash and up the tail routine from this FRP !!! Mondeo ST no better dived over to get off and almost up the back of a lorry in the nearside lane............

Hope the FRP not on here.... they gained nothing as I followed the Clio in to Burton where we all caught up with the FRP later in Town at lights as it turned in to the car parks !

Hey, that was me, and no I wasnt racing the Mondeo, just keeping up with it, at a safe distance.... Also, the Clio pulled out without looking, it was some old bag who didnt use her mirrors and thinks that indicating to pull out is enough, (I didnt flash my headlights at her either, no point, she wasnt using her mirrors)... had no choice but to get close behind her as she pulled out inconsiderately. The Mondeo also wasnt anywhere near the back of the lorry he had loads of room.... so stop assuming + exaggerating Mister Perfect.

Besides, the A38 is a nice fast road, nothing wrong with having a blast up there now and again... I slow down within the speed limits inside Burton itself... unlike the idiot boy racers who race around the town centre and carparks... maybe you should direct your holier than thou attitude at them.

#3 User is offline   springfire 

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:23 PM

Your driving might not have seemed agressive to you, but it might have been to others. If you were doing the speeds suggested up the road, then the 'old bag' might well have checked her mirrors, but not seen you until you were sat in her boot. It's all subjective.
Nice to know that democracy is alive and well, and that we got to defend ourselves. Not.

#4 User is offline   spacedmonkeys 

Posted 02 May 2008 - 07:47 AM

My original reply sounds a bit harsh, guess I was having a bad day yesterday and took it a bit personally so apologies for that!!!

#5 User is offline   maineman1963 

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:25 AM

Phewww got you well wound up.... !!!
Clio lady did indicate etc I was right behind her, as to mirrors who knows. And the Mondeo made us all brake quite sharpish, I had kids and car loaded up and car behind me was closer than I would have liked !

True A38 is a fast road.. and we all clog it but it was wet, spray etc and fair bit of traffic around.. So not Mr Perfect nor holier than tho thank you, by any means.... just felt you were agressive, towards an "old bag" at well above 70 after all !
ex-owner of FRP 347 believe it is now R.I.P ! ...... now driving ....................... yes.... a Mondeo diesel. so per my daughter I am now Mondeo man, after Scoobies, BMW M5 etc etc .... ex-wife probably thinks how the not so mighty have fallen !!!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic