• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bedford Autodrome Msv Trackday. Saturday December 15th @ 07.30am

#1 User is offline   R5CPD 

• Group: Members

Posted 19 November 2007 - 08:29 PM

I'm attending this track day and it would be great to see a few other Puma's there too. As it's a Winter event, its great value for a full day open pit lane event. biggrin.gif

Here is the details of the day and I hope that some of you may be able to join with me. biggrin.gif

Bedford Autodrome Open Pit Lane Track Day
@ £119.00
Bedford Autodrome
Saturday 15 December 2007

Bedford Autodrome's 4.2 mile GT Circuit is not only one of the longest trackday circuits in the country but also one of the safest. The huge run off areas make it an ideal venue whether this is your first trackday or your fiftieth - there is nowhere else like it in the country.

Bedford offers a huge safety advantage over other circuits. The run off areas allow you to explore your cars potential without the risk of damaging your pride and joy. Well... maybe your pride a little bit. This key feature means that this circuit is perfect for all levels of driving ability, from the track virgin through to track addict.

An open pit lane throughout the day means that you will have all the track time you can handle and with instruction available from our fully qualified race instructors, you have the opportunity to really advance your track driving skills.

PLEASE NOTE: Anyone wishing to attend this event must be booked in as either a driver or passenger. Children under the age of 16 are not permitted at Bedford Autodrome.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extras
Additional Driver £35
Additional Passenger £25
Car Instruction £25
Helmet Hire £10
Other Information

Timetable

07:30 Signing On
08:30 Briefing
09:00 Track Time Begins
12:30 Lunch
13:30 Track Time Restarts
16:00 Track Time Ends

You can book onto this event via the link here:

http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/trackday...?ProductID=3648

Or phone here:

0870 850 5014
8:30am - 6:00pm
Monday - Friday
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   BOK 

Posted 19 November 2007 - 08:39 PM

Ooooo.... smile.gif ja_cool.gif dry.gif

I have no driving pride, I'm here to learn from my mistakes stickpoke.gif

#3 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 19 November 2007 - 08:52 PM

Lots of open space at Bedford, so a relatively safe space to explore the limits of your car. Opposite of the Ring, in other words! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:25 PM

Basic Circuit Layout. (We are using the full 3.6 mile GT circuit)

On-board lap video.

Posted Image

#5 User is offline   dzm 

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:35 PM

ja_cool.gif

Should be a wicked day. Hopefully the rain will stay away.

Make sure your anchors are in good nick - that hairpin at the end of the double straight is a real brake killer!

#6 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:54 PM

Thanks mate. Really looking forwrd to it. biggrin.gif It's been a quite time for me this year track time wise. The Puma's only been to the Ring twice and a few 'parade' laps at Castle Combe. biggrin.gif

ST170 set-up with braided hoses I've got seemed ok during the Summer, so hopefully it will be alright for Bedford too. biggrin.gif I'll get the car checkovered again in the run-up to the event just to make sure nothing's going to fall off or the like. wink.gif
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   JamesMalin 

• View gallery

Posted 20 November 2007 - 12:53 PM

I have a few friends going to this in numerous cars. Porsche 944 and an MG
www.oc-motorsport.co.uk

For all Ford Servicing, repairs and conversions. Call or pm me for details. Based in Brentwood, Essex

www.stuffbymonkey.co.uk

Official Member Of The 'BIG HITTERS' Club

#8 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 20 November 2007 - 09:34 PM

Oooh, good stuff James. biggrin.gif Shame your still poorly and won't be able to join us. sad.gif Anyway, make sure you tell them to come over and say hello biggrin.gif
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 20 November 2007 - 10:53 PM

Popped details of this event on the Tigra site too! biggrin.gif

You never know, might see some of their guys too. biggrin.gif

http://www.thetigraclub.co.uk/phpBB2/viewt...&highlight=
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   dzm 

Posted 20 November 2007 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE (R5CPD @ Nov 19 2007, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks mate. Really looking forwrd to it. biggrin.gif It's been a quite time for me this year track time wise. The Puma's only been to the Ring twice and a few 'parade' laps at Castle Combe. biggrin.gif

ST170 set-up with braided hoses I've got seemed ok during the Summer, so hopefully it will be alright for Bedford too. biggrin.gif I'll get the car checkovered again in the run-up to the event just to make sure nothing's going to fall off or the like. wink.gif

Doubt you'll have too many issues with those brakes on. good.gif

I out-braked myself once on my standard 260s (with Greenstuffs) at Bedford - but being Bedford, it just meant threading between a couple of cones and rejoining the track with a merry I-meant-to-do-that whistle.

#11 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 20 November 2007 - 11:09 PM

biggrin.gif

I've done some of the smaller circuits as part of Ford model launches (Focus ST / CC) at Bedford before, but this will be the first time doing the full GT circuit. I'm really excited about this one, as it should be a really fun day. biggrin.gif
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   mort666 

Posted 23 November 2007 - 02:42 PM

Would love to come to this, but I don't think I would be able to go on the track unless I get my little issues sorted out as the track might end up killing it laugh.gif

Shame everyone has to sign up as either a driver or a passenger else I might have come along to watch/take pictures of the action biggrin.gif

Journeyed to the green hell and survived
A good friend will help you move; A true friend will help you move the bodies

#13 User is offline   eldoodarino 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 23 November 2007 - 07:04 PM

i'm still a possibility... ph34r.gif
Wizards Of Nos 60hp progressive delivery.... yeah baby yeah :-o
Denso Iridium Plugs
Helix Clutch
Mobil 1

#14 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 23 November 2007 - 07:36 PM

I've left the comfirmation e-mail at work, but I 'think' guests can come along just to watch, etc. From memory, the MSV event at Brands Hatch drivers and passengers were given a different coloured wrist band to identify them. I'll check and see if it's ok. biggrin.gif It would be fun to have a few PP along, even if your not driving. biggrin.gif

Good to hear Chris. biggrin.gif It would be great if you could make it. biggrin.gif
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 23 November 2007 - 09:21 PM

Passengers and Guests

All drivers, guests and spectators must be pre-booked on your original or subsequent order. No guests or spectators will be allowed on site at Bedford Autodrome unless they have been pre-booked onto the relevant event.

Hmmm? If you'd really like to come, then I'd phone up and see if I can have you along as my guest. biggrin.gif (or perhaps Chris can when he books his place? wink.gif stickpoke.gif )

I'm still slightly concerned over the noise limits at the circuit. I'm no expert on noise levels, but I'm slightly conerned over my exhaust and the 101db limit there. sad.gif I have been ok before with the 105db limit at Brands Hatch and the 95db limit at the Ring. I'm sure I'll be fine, but Chris Downes would not be Chris Downes without worrying about something. biggrin.gif

Not sure is my Puma is as loud as a jack hamer!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Noise is all around us. Exposure to noise levels above 85 dBA for 8 hours is the Federal threshold for hearing protection. Levels above 90 dBA can cause permanent hearing loss with relatively short exposure. The following is a list of various sounds, their decibel levels, and the recommended exposure time to each.

Sound Decibel Level Time Permitted
rustling leaves 20 dB no limit
whispering 25 dB no limit
library 30 dB no limit
refrigerator 45 dB no limit
average home 50 dB no limit
normal conversation 60 dB no limit
clothes dryer 60 dB no limit
washing machine 65 dB no limit
dishwasher 65 dB no limit
car 70 dB no limit
vacuum cleaner 70 dB no limit
mixer 70 dB no limit
electric sewing machine 70 dB no limit
busy traffic 75 dB no limit
mini-bike 80 dB no limit
alarm clock 80 dB no limit
noisy restaurant 80 dB no limit
office tabulator 80 dB no limit
outboard motor 80 dB no limit
passing snowmobile 80 dB no limit
average factory 85 dB 8 hours
electric shaver 85 dB 8 hours
screaming child 90 dB 8 hours
passing motorcycle 90 dB 8 hours
convertible ride on frw 95 dB 4 hours
subway train 100 dB 2 hours
diesel truck 100 dB 2 hours
woodworking shop 100 dB 2 hours
pneumatic drill 100 dB 2 hours
boiler shop 100 dB 2 hours
jackhammer 100 dB 2 hours
helicopter 105 dB 1 hour
power mower 105 dB 1 hour
snowmobile drvrs seat 110 dB 30 minutes
inboard motorboat 110 dB 30 minutes
sandblasting 110 dB 30 minutes
live rock music 90-130 dB 8-0.3 hours
auto horn 120 dB 7.5 mins
propeller aircraft 120 dB 7.5 mins
air raid siren 130 dB 3.75 mins
THRESHOLD OF PAIN 140 dB danger level
gunshot 140 dB danger level
jet engine 140 dB danger level
rocket launching 180 dB danger level

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Decibels are tricky to measure. A 5 dB noise reduction is about 30% quieter and represents a 50% decrease in the risk of hearing loss!

Posted Image

#16 User is offline   BOK 

Posted 23 November 2007 - 09:33 PM

Nagging Woman 190dB tongue.gif

#17 User is offline   dzm 

Posted 23 November 2007 - 09:42 PM

My car never fails to amuse the noise testers at trackdays. 'Can you give us 4000rpm please?'... 'Are you at 4000rpm?'... 'Yes...' 'Have you actually got an engine in there?' 'Yes, very funny...'

I think my exhaust is equivalent to 'rustling leaves' on your noise scale.

I doubt you'll have a problem. I don't know what exhaust you've got, but it'll have to be pretty special to drown out the noise of a Carrera GT, or a Clio Cup racer, or a Radical or a 996 GT3 RS or any of the other beasts that were blatting round when I went.

#18 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 23 November 2007 - 09:52 PM

I'm sure I'll be fine. biggrin.gif The Piper should not be too bad I'd hope, despite being much noiser then the standard system. wink.gif
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   Zip It 

Posted 24 November 2007 - 06:03 PM

Went to a trackday at Bedford today and had a totally awesome day.

The track is simply superb, some very long fast sections combined with some tricky corners. Unfortunately being so flat and open it was sometimes hard to judge a corner, but after 3 or 4 laps you are familiar and can drive with confidence. But being open is definitely a good thing with this track, if you end up sliding and hitting something (other than another car) you're pretty unfortunate as I reckon there is only one possible place this could happen. There are massive run off sections making it relatively safe.

Speaking of safety, I was so impressed with all the marshals and chaps running the day - they tolerate zero silly behaviour and we witnessed more then a few people being sent home due to undertaking/sliding and corner overtaking. They are also very (very) strict on noise as a lot of locals have complained, they test your car when you arrive and they have 4 measure points on the track happy.gif

For a first time this is a confidence enhancing course, for the more experienced it's equally rewarding.

Here are a few (not great) pics

ex - Red 2000 Puma 1.7
ex - Black Civic Type R
now - Boring Golf TDI
now - Civic I-CTDI

#20 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 24 November 2007 - 06:09 PM

That's great Rich. biggrin.gif Looks like you had a great day! biggrin.gif You don't fancy coming along next month with the Puma? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Rich, knowing what my car sounds like, is it similar to others that were at the event today? wink.gif
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic