TPF

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Straightliners @ Elvington Bikes I know, but you know what I'm like

#1 User is offline   mort666 

• Group: Members

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:30 PM

You're probably used to all my bikey pictures by now, so hopefully one more set wont bore you too much laugh.gif

These were taken yesterday at Elvington. First time I've been and very impressed with how close you can get to the action. There was a scooby owner's club sprint event on just next to the drag strip, ubt the bikes had my attention too much, although I can say the prodrive WRC imprezza was very tasty indeed and sounded gorgeous too smile.gif

As ever there is a gallery on my flickr page Here if you want to see them all.

I'm very pleased with how some of these have turned out.

all comments welcome as always smile.gif

This old Vincent was very surprisingly fast. standing 1/4 in approximately 11.1 seconds. he gave some of the sportsbikes a shock laugh.gif

I think this was the best looking bike on the day. I think the rather minimalist style and riding position give it a certain purposeful look smile.gif

One of the many ever so slightly mental turbo hayabusas. the quickest ones I think were running in the low 9 seconds for the 1/4 smile.gif

Journeyed to the green hell and survived
A good friend will help you move; A true friend will help you move the bodies

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:56 PM

I love the one with the yellow biker in the foreground, real depth and also interest and focus biggrin.gif
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   hotrodspike 

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:07 PM

Love the Vinny, takes me back to when I were a lad!
BOK is our co-pilot.

#4 User is offline   mort666 

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:32 PM

Cheers Kate, I do like that one myself too smile.gif It was good not to have loads of barriers in the way to be able to get 'cleaner' shots, although as you can see, some of the timing gear etc. was positioned so that I couldn't help catching it in the frame, but not to worry.

Journeyed to the green hell and survived
A good friend will help you move; A true friend will help you move the bodies

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic