Pumapeople: Kames Sprint 28Th July - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Kames Sprint 28Th July Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Brokenbrian 

• Group: Members

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:27 AM

Hi all been back out competing in the puma again this time it was a sprint instead of a hillclimb at a little track called kames in east ayrshire.

here are two vids from it

Practice 2 http://youtu.be/7xBYg9Eoz4k

Timed run 2 http://youtu.be/7xBYg9Eoz4k
For all my youtube vids see

www.youtube.com/user/Chickenshedracing

#2 User is offline   Turby 

• View gallery
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:17 PM

Looks like you're having load of fun - whats up with the shift light ? it seems to be only working occasionally :(
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope - 1709)
Stop being spoon fed and GOOGLE it!

#3 User is offline   Brokenbrian 

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

Yes it was a lot of fun specially when i post faster times than more powerful cars that are in my class 1.4-2.0 though i do need to get a slipper diff for it as the car likes to push on a bit. Shift light is a big old pain in the bum as it works fine all day then last timed run decided it was not working. I think i will try soldering the connections and throw away the scotch block style connectors that came with it.

#4 User is offline   Andyroo01 

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

That looks like a good day out. What have u done to ur car. Been doing the odd track day in mine. But need more speed

#5 User is offline   Turby 

• View gallery
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:44 PM

View PostBrokenbrian, on 29 July 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

Yes it was a lot of fun specially when i post faster times than more powerful cars that are in my class 1.4-2.0 though i do need to get a slipper diff for it as the car likes to push on a bit. Shift light is a big old pain in the bum as it works fine all day then last timed run decided it was not working. I think i will try soldering the connections and throw away the scotch block style connectors that came with it.

try and fit a plated LSD - its the only sort I'd really recommend for proper competition use :)
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope - 1709)
Stop being spoon fed and GOOGLE it!

#6 User is offline   Brokenbrian 

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:38 PM

List of things i have done are, Some weight loss but keeping it within the rules for my class so all interior must remain fitted trim headlining and such like though i do have a bucket seat and 4 point harness plus a lightweight omp steering wheel. Engine wise it has had a 2.0 mondy throttle body fitted with the flange on the inlet manifold opened up to match the tb, miltec tubular manifold sport cat and freeflow exhaust plus a panel filter in the std airbox as i tried a cone and found that i had a 15 deg higher inlet temp with the cone fitted even with a bit of sheilding to reduce hot air from the rad getting to it other than that the engine is standard. I have a gearbox from a 1.4 puma fitted as that has the better diff ratio for the small twisty venues i compete on. suspension is avo adjustable coil overs and i have pollybushes all round along with a polly bushed gearbox steady bar. I also have a focus clutch fitted as i managed to get a sachs one on ebay for a steal (£35) :woot:/>. I run yokohama A048 tyres for lots of grip...

I was thinking of the ATB diff route as my car is also my daily driver so a plated diff is not really the best for road use plus the ATB diff is fit and forget which is hand for a daily driver but as they are both a bit pricey then i shall need to add it to my letter to santa :)/>

#7 User is offline   moognmo 

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

have you removed the torque llimiter? your speedo dosent work!
Ford Racing Puma NO. 043 (LSD) 2000 ( Mable )
Ford Festa ST 180 2013 ( Florence )
Ford Puma 1.7 1999 ( Pandora ) RIP striped for the sum of her parts and missed every day
Volvo V40 Estate ( VoVo ) The surf bus

#8 User is offline   Brokenbrian 

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

I unplugged the speedo sender after the track started to dry out as the torque limiter is very intrusive when the track is dry plus it is more noticable since i put the 1.4 gearbox in. The plan is when i get time i will wire a switch into wire 53? (Blue & white)? On the ecu to bypass the limiter, plus it will also save me forgetting to plug the sender back in then noticing it when i head for home and having to stop and sort it....

#9 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

The FRP ended up with a modified standard airbox as Ford Racing tested variations and nothing as good as that so nice to read your own findings on a cone support that.
The FRP has a fatter air feed in from behind the front grill using a flexible hose around 70mm dia
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic