Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wheel Arch Replacement

#1 User is offline   gimmickyflea 

• Group: Members

Posted 30 October 2017 - 06:41 PM

Hi everyone,

I know wheel arch issues have been raised many times before but is anyone yet making replacement rear arches for the Puma or do they currently still need to be re-fabricated by the repairer? One side was an advisory this year at MOT and now small bubbles are appearing the other side so it has been booked into the body shop to try and stop the rot before it becomes advanced!

Many thanks for any tips Posted Image

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 30 October 2017 - 07:47 PM

I know expressed steel in yorkshire do the sills full length and short but not sure if have other bits yet. Might be worth a call?
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   gimmickyflea 

Posted 30 October 2017 - 10:54 PM

Hi Kate,

Thanks for the reply. I saw the reference to them on here and gave them a call but they're not making the arches as yet so was just wondering if anyone might know of someone.

Nevermind sure they'll be available one day 👍

#4 User is offline   muzboy 

Posted 04 November 2017 - 10:18 PM

View Postgimmickyflea, on 30 October 2017 - 10:54 PM, said:

Hi Kate,

Thanks for the reply. I saw the reference to them on here and gave them a call but they're not making the arches as yet so was just wondering if anyone might know of someone.

Nevermind sure they'll be available one day 👍

Ok,

This is a slightly tricky one. You can use Peugeot 206 front wings cut to shape, or more controversially there is a guy selling repair panels on eBay. He used to hang around on the other Puma forum but upset several people with the quality of some of his products and had problems with delivery times etc.

I ordered a pair over 3 years ago and they took an age to arrive. The bodyshop were happy to use them and they still look good today.

I reckon a decent bodyshop could complete a repair without them.

#5 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 05 November 2017 - 09:38 AM

Expressed steel are making the arches I've just seen the list of car panels they do. I'd ring them again. I think it might be PUS7 and PUS8 rear arch repair. Check out their Facebook page.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#6 User is offline   muzboy 

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:05 PM

Hopefully new front wings as they are listed on Facebook as well.....

#7 User is offline   muzboy 

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:00 AM

View Posthappy-kat, on 05 November 2017 - 09:38 AM, said:

Expressed steel are making the arches I've just seen the list of car panels they do. I'd ring them again. I think it might be PUS7 and PUS8 rear arch repair. Check out their Facebook page.

Just about to start production so no prices yet......

They say they will put prices on the website when they are decided.

#8 User is offline   gimmickyflea 

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:21 PM

Hi,

I didn't need anything in the end as the body shop fabricated new ones from scratch. The guy has done Pumas before and said the arches are easy to do. Looking at the fabulous job he's done I can only conclude he's right...and at £300 per side I think pretty reasonable cost also 👍

#9 User is offline   Y0ungn1ck 

Posted 02 December 2017 - 08:20 AM

Glad to hear that you are happy with your new arches. Another Puma Saved !
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 in Medium Steel Blue, 1971 Triumph GT6 Mk3 in Wedgewood Blue, 2016 VW Polo GTI 1.8 TSI in Flash Red.

#10 User is offline   pedwards765 

Posted 11 May 2018 - 01:03 PM

Can anyone recommend a wheel arch repairer in Kent or the South East?

Although it is not too bad yet, the paintwork is bubbling up on both sides now. I have Puma Thunder 2002 - otherwise a perfect car!
Thanks!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic