Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Driveshaft Problem / No Drive

#1 User is offline   rsindigo 

• Group: Members

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:31 PM

Hi,
I accelerated enthusiastically away from a junction tonight, then all of a sudden the revs increased more but I lost the drive from the engine to the road wheels and the car came to a stop? there were No noises or bangs the engine is running fine, the gears are selecting fine, but I have No drive?
I looked under the car at the side of the road at both driveshafts, the passenger driveshaft is loose & floppy where it come out from the gearbox, the drivers side driveshaft appears to be ok? I believe my FRP does have a LSD gearbox if that is relevant at all?

I was on a fast road near a bend (not the best place to break down) I rang the AA (been with them 25 years, first time I have ever had to call them out) AA man came out & looked, there is No oil loss from the gearbox, or around the passenger driveshaft, AA man said there is a problem with the passenger driveshaft
but without removing the gaiter he didn't know what the problem would be,if he removed the gaiter I would loose all my oil so the only option tonight was a was a tow home or to a garage I asked if towing the car would damage the driveshaft he said Not so he towed me home, at times on the short journey
there were a few clanking noises coming from the front off the car ? not sure if that was the driveshaft or the tow bar or something else?

Obviously I have a problem with the passenger side driveshaft, can anyone advise me please what the problem is / maybe I don't know anything about driveshafts - could it be it has just come out or is there likely to be a problem with the driveshaft ? would I need a new driveshaft ? are they available?
I am a bit stuck as to what to do next ?

Any advice would be appreciated

#2 User is offline   eldoodarino 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:15 AM

Sounds like you have snapped the shaft mate..oops.. they are prone to snapping at the CV end on quick take off if the steering is turned ..

might be able to salvage one or two parts off that one if you can remove it... or I can build you a new one...

Regards

Chris
Wizards Of Nos 60hp progressive delivery.... yeah baby yeah :-o
Denso Iridium Plugs
Helix Clutch
Mobil 1

#3 User is offline   rsindigo 

• Group: Members

Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:28 AM

Hi Chris

Thanks for the reply - I have sent you a PM.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic