Pumapeople: Tracking Toe Settings.. - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tracking Toe Settings..

#1 User is offline   eldoodarino 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:16 PM

Anyone got any technical information to hand regarding 'standard car' toe settings...

Am i right in thinking a standard road car like a fiesta or puma would VERY little (if any) 'toe in' applied...??

I'm actually after the standard tracking settings for my MK4 fiesta 1999 1.4 with power steering..

Anyone help....? :head:

just been for tracking today.. Bought 2 new front wheels and tyres and yet again, the steering wheel is off center iv'e iv still got a little feedback through the wheel... I'm absolutly pissed off with it now, it's just getting rediculous :head:

pretty sure from what i saw they set it to 1.7Deg toe in on each side...surely thats too much..?? :derr:

Regards

Chris
Wizards Of Nos 60hp progressive delivery.... yeah baby yeah :-o
Denso Iridium Plugs
Helix Clutch
Mobil 1

#2 User is offline   lawndart 

• Group: Members

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:36 PM

Can't find anything on the web about the Fiesta, but this is the standard (non FRP) Puma details as poached from Project Puma:

Toe Setting
Setting Adjustment = -2.0mm Toe out to +/- 1.0mm Tolerance = 0.5mm Toe in to -4.5mm Toe out
The 'official' Ford Line is as follows - Units are in Decimal Degrees (*): Front Wheel Alignment Caster : 1.25* to 3.75* Camber : -2.00* to 0.20* Toe: -0.76* Toe Out to 0.08* Toe In or -4.5mm Toe Out to 0.5mm Toe In

Rear Wheel Alignment Camber : -2.00* to -0.50* (unless your Rear Beam is 98FB 5K952 DD, then it's: -2.80* to -1.30*) Toe: 0.13* Toe In to 0.79* Toe In or 1mm Toe In to 5mm Toe In

So it looks like Mr. Mechanic has either confused his millimetres with his degrees or just wasn't overly bothered about doing a proper job, or possibly the Fiesta is radically different to the Puma.
Time to get it laser aligned?

#3 User is offline   eldoodarino 

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:58 AM

That confirms what i thought... basically no toe but up to .5mm on each side is fine...

The problem is the operator just selects the car from a list and sets it untill the numbers go from red to green...

so either the equipment has the wrong info stored or he's selected the wrong car.... as far as straightening the wheel goes...

he clearly hasn't actually SAT in the car and spent any amount of time getting it right....

will be down there frist thing this morning :angry: :angry:
Denso Iridium Plugs
Helix Clutch
Mobil 1

#4 User is offline   eldoodarino 

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:45 PM

problem solved... :phew:: :bleh:

The technician first of all blamed the weight in the back of the car...lol to that one :moony:

Then when he set the equipment up again i explained how much toe he had applied to the car :cool2: .. it then came to light he had selected the wrong car from the list... as mine is a late Mk4 on a 99 plate...he had selected the mk5's 99-02's... easy mistake to make i guess, that explains the toe..but doesn't get him off the hook for not straightening the wheel properly... :cool2: :cool2: I did notice he ACTUALLY took the time to sit in the car this time and spend a few seconds finding the corect alignment...lol :roflmao:

All sorted... fiesta is ruuning a straight steering wheel for the first time since iv'e had it..lol

Chris
Denso Iridium Plugs
Helix Clutch
Mobil 1

#5 User is offline   lawndart 

• Group: Members

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:18 AM

Glad you managed to sort it.

#6 User is offline   Turby 

• View gallery

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:50 PM

I bet you that if you took the car back there and put it on their machine, if would have different values to when you last left... the trouble with these sort of machines is that many of the operators don't actually understand what the effects of their changes...

I use one of these My link
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope - 1709)
Stop being spoon fed and GOOGLE it!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic