Pumapeople: Heater Smells Like Chinese (weird) - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Heater Smells Like Chinese (weird)

#1 User is offline   lukepuma 

• Group: Members

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:23 PM

Some may say whats the problem? but when you put your heater on hot on you constantly get a chinese type smell although i think its more burning like its not very nice!!! any one have any ideas where i can start to track down the cause of this smell?

cheers
Luke

#2 User is offline   carrboy 

Posted 12 October 2008 - 05:19 PM

mmmm chinese rolleyes.gif

i dont know how to fix this but just ram a couple of magic trees in your vents maybe!
FRP 038 - R.I.P killed by an old man in his toyota avensis.
FRP 245 - sold, then killed by new owner!
FRP 225 - sold in 2013 and regretted it ever since!FRP ??? - Now after another one after two years of Fiesta ST2 ownership.

#3 User is offline   Midnight Blue 

• View gallery

Posted 12 October 2008 - 08:07 PM

Mine does it for about 30 secs then goes. If you find out what it is, please let me know!!
Posted Image

I stole BenF's Thunder ...

Pat

#4 User is offline   Jessie 

Posted 12 October 2008 - 08:21 PM

Matt's car smells like Chinese right now, but that's cos he went out to collect one for tea tongue.gif
Atheism is a non-prophet organisation

#5 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 12 October 2008 - 09:19 PM

might be relevant
http://www.pumapeople.com/forum/index.php?...ticle&id=77
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#6 User is offline   lukepuma 

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:08 PM

lol i dont wana b put of chinese by smelling it too much tho!!! plus it makes you hungry lol ive been told pollen filter but mine is new and clean as a whistle, my hcv is fine and dandy too the only other thing ive been told to do is clean my Air con system with some cleaning fluid that you can get from motor shops so will give that ago me thinx

#7 User is offline   Midnight Blue 

• View gallery

Posted 13 October 2008 - 06:51 PM

Mine is fine with the air con on so it isn't that. It's a real acrid smell which cuts into the back of your throat. I put it down to oil spray burning when I forgot to replace the oil filler cap. It did it all the time I had the heater on 'hot' but it only does it for about 30 secs now then disappears.
Posted Image

I stole BenF's Thunder ...

Pat

#8 User is offline   weepuma 

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:55 PM

My heater smells of burning when i turn it up high, worried bout this!!!!! Any ideas???

#9 User is offline   volcomstone411 

Posted 17 October 2008 - 06:30 PM

the chinese smell would be your clutch master cylinder leaking brake fluid from the clutch pedal area. Best way to tell is to get under there with a light and the area around pedal will probably be damp. Mine is real bad atm, to the point its leaking down onto the exhaust and burning smile.gif

They cost about £48 to replace and are quite easy to do, so dont panic. But yyea, the seals go smile.gif
Posted Image
All stuff puma - puma technical & all things rebuilt...
See my website for Snow School Information

#10 User is offline   washer 

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:53 PM

Yep, I had the Chinese smell, very shortly later the HCV water connection disintergrated leaking coolant over the exhaust.

Luckily I was stopped in traffic & noticed the steam before any real damage done. Probably would'nt have realised if say on a motorway until the car siezed.

So you might all like to check the HCV is operating OK & that the water connections to it are all sound....

biggrin.gif

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic