Pumapeople: Indicators Not Cancelling - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Indicators Not Cancelling

#1 User is offline   Trixie 

• Group: Members

Posted 21 March 2016 - 02:52 PM

My indicators are intermittently failing to self-cancel in both directions. Is this a minor problem or will I be charged loads for a fix?

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 21 March 2016 - 03:37 PM

I vaguely think I read about this once before not a common occurrence.
If you search for the two words of indicator and cancel there are threads in that probably worth a read. Like this on though I would disconnect the battery first and Ian G for new second hand stalks if your can't get new.
http://www.pumapeopl...=1
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   Trixie 

Posted 22 March 2016 - 11:00 AM

Cheers for that. I did do a search but didn't find that thread. It's no biggie to turn indicators off myself, provided it's not an MOT failure. Might well get in touch with Ian though, to see what he's got (after my MOT next month - no point in spending out if it fails! :-( ).

#4 User is offline   JSP 

Posted 25 March 2016 - 09:16 AM

I had that with a 2002 Black Edition I had a couple of years ago.
I had to replace the indicator stalk on the steering column, I think a new one from Ford was about £80 but I'm sure they're available second hand on eBay for a fraction of that.

This post has been edited by JSP: 25 March 2016 - 09:16 AM

#5 User is offline   Trixie 

Posted 25 March 2016 - 11:17 AM

View PostJSP, on 25 March 2016 - 09:16 AM, said:

I had that with a 2002 Black Edition I had a couple of years ago.
I had to replace the indicator stalk on the steering column, I think a new one from Ford was about £80 but I'm sure they're available second hand on eBay for a fraction of that.

Cheers for that. It sounds like a fairly easy fix which I reckon I'll attempt myself after the MOT. Fingers crossed!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic