Pumapeople: Kat reg plates - Pumapeople

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Kat reg plates

#1 User is offline   kimthorley 

• Group: Members

Posted 31 December 2004 - 05:55 PM

Does anyone know where to get hold of puma reg plates? I seen a woman in a kat the other week and she had the puma logo on the side of her reg plates. Was it just a sticker or can you buy them like that??
Michael Jackson is innocent

#2 User is offline   Del 66 

Posted 31 December 2004 - 06:28 PM

There are a few places that do them, really only suitable for show plates as they are no longer legal. sad.gif
Del & Milly #0066

#3 User is offline   poose 

Posted 31 December 2004 - 07:40 PM

I have a ghost image of the Puma logo on my plates,got them from a local accessory shop for £24.

#4 User is offline   Del 66 

Posted 01 January 2005 - 12:54 AM

I have a ghost image of the Puma logo on my plates,got them from a local accessory shop for £24.

They're not legal either, I was going to get some, but I couldn't be bothered with having to change them if plod noticed. 9.gif
Del & Milly #0066

#5 User is offline   ALAN at PUMABUILD 

Posted 01 January 2005 - 12:56 AM

We can make number plates to any colour or discription any text or logo can be added.
we can do the art work for you and email an image of what the plate will look like before it is made

#6 User is offline   Del 66 

Posted 01 January 2005 - 01:01 AM

We can make number plates to any colour or discription any text or logo can be added.
we can do the art work for you and email an image of what the plate will look like before it is made

:!: So can you do a pair, with just the puma logo in black on a yellow background and nothing else, as a kind of show plate?
Del & Milly #0066

#7 Guest_mjh24_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 January 2005 - 04:33 AM

got mine from gtgrafic.com or its gtgrafix.co.uk cant remember, I have puma ghostin, also a british bulldog at the side of mine. I think it is legal as mr plod or pig as they are known around here has seen them and turned a blind eye or he is waiting his turn to bust me!

#8 User is offline   Del 66 

Posted 01 January 2005 - 09:46 AM

got mine from gtgrafic.com or its gtgrafix.co.uk cant remember, I have puma ghostin,  also a british bulldog at the side of mine. I think it is legal as mr plod or pig as they are known around here has seen them and turned a blind eye or he is waiting his turn to bust me!

Nah, still illegal, (Bulldog and ghosting) but I think most of the time the Police just don't notice or aren't really that bothered.
Del & Milly #0066

#9 User is offline   pumakat 

Posted 01 January 2005 - 10:21 AM

The plod never pull me even though my zoomer looks more like a spaceship at night. I guess it's cos I drive so damn well :wink:

#10 User is offline   pumasarah 

Posted 01 January 2005 - 11:58 AM

Ive got puma ghosted on my plates aswell never realised they were illegal though! Cant do anything these days!!

#11 User is offline   Del 66 

Posted 01 January 2005 - 12:34 PM

Here are the U.K. reg plate laws. :|

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/regmarks/r...ents.htm#thelaw
Del & Milly #0066

#12 User is offline   jillypuma 

Posted 01 January 2005 - 12:44 PM

:!: So can you do a pair, with just the puma logo in black on a yellow background and nothing else, as a kind of show plate?

Uncle Al - could you do me just one with a fuchsia pink background with jillypuma on it please? I'll pay ya in kind on 14th Jan :wink: laugh.gif
jillypuma & Basil the Boxster - J111 KAT, and Beryl the Bedford CF250 - wave if ya c me.

www.nessr.net (Northern English Springer Spaniel Rescue)

#13 User is offline   Del 66 

Posted 02 January 2005 - 11:03 PM

Uncle Al - could you do me just one with a fuchsia pink background with jillypuma on it please? I'll pay ya in kind on 14th Jan :wink: laugh.gif

So what would you want with a single pink number plate? :?
Del & Milly #0066

#14 Guest_Cooler King_*

Posted 03 January 2005 - 02:46 AM

www.gt-grafix.com are greast, thats who do all my stuff, however catnamedog makes the sticker jobbys for the end and they look quite cool and theyre cheaper!!!!!! ;-)

#15 User is offline   Del 66 

Posted 03 January 2005 - 10:41 AM

www.gt-grafix.com are greast,

The link don't work? sad.gif
Del & Milly #0066

#16 User is offline   ALAN at PUMABUILD 

Posted 03 January 2005 - 07:14 PM

We can put anything you want on a plate in any colour.

Jill you are only coming down for one day so how can you pay me in kind it will take you at least a week stickpoke.gif

#17 User is offline   jonny5alive 

Posted 03 January 2005 - 07:16 PM

Cooooorrr wink.gif

#18 User is offline   Del 66 

Posted 03 January 2005 - 07:28 PM

We can put anything you want on a plate in any colour.

What is the cost for a couple of plates to be made up and sent out please?
Del & Milly #0066

#19 Guest_lesinge2k_*

Posted 03 January 2005 - 07:51 PM

the problem the police have with the laws is that the law only applies to cars registered after Jan 2003. If you have a personalised reg or an older car, they don't know when it was registered, so would have trouble pulling you over just for ghosting on the plates. So long as the text is legal I think you will get away with it. I am going to take the risk, and have a set of normal plates ready for MOT fails, which is possibly the only place it would get picked up. 8)

#20 User is offline   ubiquitous 

Posted 03 January 2005 - 08:49 PM

I've dug the following up:

The license plate must adhere to the following regulations
http://www.jepsonandco.com/legislation.htm

The law will be changing soon to further restrict any variations on the number plate
http://www.dvla.gov.uk/faq/faq_number_plates.htm#25

I'll admit a puma ghosting would look great but I can see the reason for it being done (ie if you're stupid enough to miss a Gatso).

BS AU 145d which all regestration plates must conform to, was introduced by the Government to reduce vehicle crime by restricting the production of license plates to registered dealers. This should reduce the likelihood of identity cloning and other cehicle crimes. Patrol officers will stop any car (if they notice!) that has a non-conforming plate to ensure the vehicle is legitimate!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic