Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Returning Puma Owner Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   HuwSy 

• Group: Members

Posted 07 May 2018 - 02:39 PM

Hi

I've not owned a Puma in about 9 years (well if you ignore the 3 immobile ones parked in storage waiting for free time to fix) so recently I've bought another which is working already but I think is still on its original cambelt, so is long overdue a change at 71k miles but 17 years. Is there any way to tell if it is the original belt? and is there anywhere in the chester area which can be trusted changing these as I remember it being fiddly work from the last one and if I put it to the side to do it will leave 4 of these in storage.

Also it has had a rather unique glitter green finish, anyone here know what colour this is to touch up the sills and front wing?

https://photos.app.g...OfltxD741gKbYB3

Thanks
Huw
<i>Now with more purr... miaw.</i>

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 07 May 2018 - 08:36 PM

Hi, that's Puma love, 4 :D
There were two greens in the UK, original colour was Jewel green quite dark and similar to say British Racing Green, this was not available from early 1999 and later replaced by Pacific Green. Both were metallic. For just a brief 3 month period the colour Electric Green was available between those two already mentioned greens but as far as I recall no UK cars were got in that colour. You could decode your vin number to find out which green it is if it is not obvious from your Puma age. Generally Ford touch up paints matches the best. I think your Puma is Pacific Green.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic